The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Scroll holders in Cyrodiil must die if they've failed to secure scroll in reasonable time

XellJarmar
XellJarmar
✭✭✭
Seriously, seeing a scroll holder running into enemies and not being killed INTENTIONALLY is painful and annoying.

Some may love cheesing with scroll and having hate speeches toward them, however, I would say there are way more people who want to play the game in the way how it was designed in the first place.

Scroll trolls are discouraging people. They are giving stress to people who want to play the game in PROPER way.

I play game to get some rest, not to get stress.

Kill scroll trolls. They are not worthy to hold it.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, if the runner not placing the scroll in a hour from when they picked up, the scroll will port back to the keep it was picked up from.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Make sure you pick it up yourself if it matters that much.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    No
    Make sure you pick it up yourself if it matters that much.

^This.^

If you don't like the AP farmers running around aimlessly, @XellJarmar, then it's up to you to pick up the scroll before they do.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While that could be a fun change to add some excitement to a scroll grab, it wouldn't really change much. In all likelihood you'd just get a couple trolls teaming up, or they'd just give the scroll to the enemy that much faster. Scroll farming groups could just hand it around the group and keep farming.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    As far as I know, if the runner not placing the scroll in a hour from when they picked up, the scroll will port back to the keep it was picked up from.

This is the case.

The solution is picking up the scroll yourself. Varanis, in the post above, is correct, It would not change much. Also, the scroll trolls would just feed off the hate whispers and chat OP mentioned. It does not bother them.