The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Looking for a class to solo dungeons/vet dungeons

BigSpiders
BigSpiders
Soul Shriven
I've always liked the challenge of soloing dungeons. What would be some of the better options for doing so? Preferably something fairly survivable so I have a chance to learn fights.

Mostly have looked at twohanded stam builds but am open to Magicka options as well!
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka sorcerer works well. Alcast even has a single bar build intended specifically for hard solo content.
  • aenax
    aenax
    ✭✭✭
    My templar is quite ok i run her with two bars, one with semi long buf aoe (sadly e don t have many long buffs, most are 10-12sec) and she is doing ok in purple with julianos, mother sorrow , she is still getting her monster set (no luck) o the 2 last piece are self made crap (seducer or twilight).

But my new sorcerer is way stronger, she run with 2 bar but the pet on each and a single ultimate (the atronach).

The one bar build is here : https://alcasthq.com/eso-solo-magicka-templar-build-pve/
    it relies a lot on damage shield procs.

With 2 bars it may be better cause you may get a extra aoe and defense with https://www.eso-skillbook.com/skill/lightning-form https://www.eso-skillbook.com/skill/lightning-splash and you may add something like https://www.eso-skillbook.com/skill/force-pulse. She is only 32 so at level 50 she may use other skills.

With the ward, the heal from the healing pet, the self heals on crit your survivability is high (especially with lightening form buf).
    Edited by aenax on June 27, 2020 12:39PM
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka templar is a piece of cake. I’m
    Wearing mother’s sorrow, Julianos and Iceheart. I run double lightning staves as a solo. I’ve got one bar full of AOE’s for all trash fights and one bar that’s better for boss fights. Sweeps is your bread and butter, high damage plus healing so I’ve slotted it on both bars. AOE bar is unstable wall, blazing spear, solar barrage, ritual of retribution, sweeps and solar barrage ult. The boss bar is ele drain, vampires bane, channel focus, soul consuming trap, sweeps and elemental rage ult. I still cycle my back bar AOE’s for maximum damage when fighting bosses. This is such a simple setup to use easy and effective and will allow you to solo dungeons fairly easily.

I’ve also got a DW stamwarden that I solo content with. It’s much harder to play and sometimes you have to slot different skills between fights to survive solo fights because certain mechanics are unforgiving to the solo player. The beauty of warden is that you have a burst heal that can heal through most anything and it cost magicka which saves the stamina for the actual fighting. He’s equipped with Briarheart and Hundings with some random monster pieces because I haven’t farmed Selene’s yet. I use this toon for trials also. The rotation is way harder though and you can’t really sit in one bar for trash or boss fights. This build requires heavy kiting if enemies to keep them in AOE and to avoid damage. I don’t mitigate much on my warden except when I’m really in a bind and I cast a shield which also cost magicka so it saves stamina. My bar setups are so off meta that I won’t post them here, but they work. Anyway the skills I am using are bull netch, green lotus, rapid strikes, sub assault, growing swarm, bird of prey, endless hail, soothing spores, gripping shards and crystallized slab with the bear ultimate on both bars. Sometimes I slot cliff racer, leeching vines or steel tornado if I’m having trouble with a certain boss because of adds or need a different spamable.

Between the two I find Stamwarden the more challenging and fun class to play solo. Magplar is so simple that sometimes it’s just too easy. Too easy isn’t necessarily a problem sometimes but compared to warden sometimes it is. What I will say about magplar though is that it’s very forgiving and you can easily recover from a missed skill or mistake because your spamable is the great equalizer of all things. Stamwarden you better refocus and get your skills down correctly or you will go down in a hurry.
  • aenax
    aenax
    ✭✭✭
    Wearing mother’s sorrow, Julianos and Iceheart. I run double lightning staves as a solo. I’ve got one bar full of AOE’s for all trash fights and one bar that’s better for boss fights. Sweeps is your bread and butter, high damage plus healing so I’ve slotted it on both bars. AOE bar is unstable wall, blazing spear, solar barrage, ritual of retribution, sweeps and solar barrage ult. The boss bar is ele drain, vampires bane, channel focus, soul consuming trap, sweeps and elemental rage ult. I still cycle my back bar AOE’s for maximum damage when fighting bosses. This is such a simple setup to use easy and effective and will allow you to solo dungeons fairly easily.

Lol it is very close to my set up but for the monster set ;-) Also have sweep on both bar and another set of skill for bosses (using dressingroom to change quickly). Sadly you cannot change in combat.

only difference is that is use https://www.eso-skillbook.com/skill/degeneration for a big buff, i m a new player so i don t drink potion (not expensive one), i can make 3 major sorcery pot with 1 herb that cost 500 gold. I have around 100 in stock but i keep then for raid or veteran pledges.

I also use V since it hit 3 enemies, but you loose the interrupt.
  • BigSpiders
    BigSpiders
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks a ton for the input all, I'll look into MagSorc and MagPlar. :)

Are stam builds generally unsuited for that kind of content?
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BigSpiders wrote: »
    Thanks a ton for the input all, I'll look into MagSorc and MagPlar. :)

Are stam builds generally unsuited for that kind of content?

It has more to do with self healing than magicka vs stam. Magicka templars and magicka sorcs just have crazy good healing to go along with their damage and it is pretty effortless.

For stam builds, you can make any of them work for solo using two hand brawler shield plus vigor and whatever healing the spec has.

I would say the best stamina solo builds would be Stam sorc, stam templar, and stam necro. Stam nightblade is good too due to having minor maim in the class kit along with 10% damage reduction.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aenax wrote: »

Lol it is very close to my set up but for the monster set ;-) Also have sweep on both bar and another set of skill for bosses (using dressingroom to change quickly). Sadly you cannot change in combat.

only difference is that is use https://www.eso-skillbook.com/skill/degeneration for a big buff, i m a new player so i don t drink potion (not expensive one), i can make 3 major sorcery pot with 1 herb that cost 500 gold. I have around 100 in stock but i keep then for raid or veteran pledges.

I use pots pretty much only for trials and vet content as well. We have a crafter that provides them if we need or run out but I’ve got about 300 in stock myself.

I’ll look at degeneration and a slot that into my boss bar in place of soul consuming trap. Anything to burn a boss down faster and save the pots for when it really counts!
  • aenax
    aenax
    ✭✭✭

I use pots pretty much only for trials and vet content as well. We have a crafter that provides them if we need or run out but I’ve got about 300 in stock myself.

I’ll look at degeneration and a slot that into my boss bar in place of soul consuming trap. Anything to burn a boss down faster and save the pots for when it really counts!

Some people do have magelight, i did while leveling but i don t slot it anymore. It provides a free buff but nothing else. It is probaly mostly for pvp to fight against steath opponents.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people do have magelight, i did while leveling but i don t slot it anymore. It provides a free buff but nothing else. It is probaly mostly for pvp to fight against steath opponents.

I just go crazy having to regrind. I just re rolled for a MagDK and I want scalding rune and spell symmetry to complete the build. Those mage books are a grind and I’m on console so no add ons. I’ve got a companion app on my phone at least but still have to mark my map and search around a bit for some of them. I wish mages guild was as easy as fighters guild, grind some zombies for a few hours and done.
  • aenax
    aenax
    ✭✭✭

I just go crazy having to regrind. I just re rolled for a MagDK and I want scalding rune and spell symmetry to complete the build. Those mage books are a grind and I’m on console so no add ons. I’ve got a companion app on my phone at least but still have to mark my map and search around a bit for some of them. I wish mages guild was as easy as fighters guild, grind some zombies for a few hours and done.

Oh yes it is quite grind but sort of fun, i only wish the glow were stronger.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go watch some solo dungeon run videos from theorycrafters (e.g., Alcast). You can see how they play a particular soloing character and maybe get an idea if it would be fun for you too. Sometimes they will post their builds as well.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 28, 2020 9:07AM
  • BigSpiders
    BigSpiders
    Soul Shriven
    After some thought/reading replies, I think I'll try out MagSorc and a stamina build later down the line. Maybe a stamsorc, stamcro or werewolf.

Thanks again everyone!
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orc Stamina DK i use for VMA etc. and can solo nDSA as well.

2h/bow setup with brawler and lots of dots. :)
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer, I accidentally solo’d arx corinium Vet trying to get an undaunted lightninv staff. I was switching back and forth between normal and veteran for chests lol
  • aenax
    aenax
    ✭✭✭
    vampires bane,

I picked the other https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/reflective-light because it affects 3 target, but considering how short aare our buff i m thinking about changing it to vampire bane too for a longer duration.
    Edited by aenax on June 28, 2020 4:59PM
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vampires bane,

I picked the other https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/reflective-light because it affects 3 target, but considering how short aare our buff i m thinking about chagung it to vampire bane too for a longer duration.

The extra time amounts to 1-2 more sweeps you can throw in there. I see why people use reflective light though because it’s basically an extra buff to AOE which is what Templar does best. The AOE is so strong on this class which makes it great for this type of content.
  • aenax
    aenax
    ✭✭✭
    vampires bane,

I picked the other https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/reflective-light because it affects 3 target, but considering how short aare our buff i m thinking about chagung it to vampire bane too for a longer duration.

The extra time amounts to 1-2 more sweeps you can throw in there. I see why people use reflective light though because it’s basically an extra buff to AOE which is what Templar does best. The AOE is so strong on this class which makes it great for this type of content.

Funny i m sure that i switch to vampire I will miss the aoe feature and if back to reflective light i will find it too short.
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka nightblade. Haha...jk
  • Kosef
    Kosef
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar 1 bar - Elemental Blockade - sweeps - vampire bane - elemental drain - channeled focus - Destro Ulti
    2 bar - 1 Heal

Run in drop aoe, vampire dot, ele drain, channeled focus.....and stabbity stabbity stabbity
    Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
    Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
    Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
    Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
    Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
    Khur - Redguard - Warden
    Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
    Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
    Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
    Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
    Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden