The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Highest Burst Potential Class / Stranglers Thoughts? / MagBlade vs MagSorc vs...MagDK?

ACGOG
ACGOG
TL;DR

1. What is the highest potential burst class? I know BombBlade exists but burst + some survivability would be cool...

2. I haven't seen any info on Thrassian Stranglers in PvP. Looks like a high risk/reward build. Has anyone tried it out?

3. Kind of in conjunction with the 1st question, I really want to roll a class that doesn't spam DS. Along with the burstability, what is just... fun? Not opposed to StamBlade either.

Hey ya'll, so I recently rolled a Sorc and so far it's pretty decently fun but it doesn't quite have the burstability I expected (didn't really see any videos that changed my mind either). It more than likely has to do with still being lower level and gear, but wondering besides BombBlade what has the most potential burst? I've heard of Sorcs 1-comboing people but haven't seen it or really experienced it. My nightmare time in IC with StamBlades I think was only really compounded by my really [snip] gear and it seemed like anytime they tried to attack anyone with halfway decent gear they went down pretty quickly.

I was also thinking Thrassian Stranglers could be really fun in PvP. I've seen some PvE content on YouTube where people are getting some absolutely insane DPS on target dummies but there doesn't seem to be anyone using it for PvP. I figured maybe even a BombBlade could get some use out of it but maybe I'm wrong?

Lastly I've got both my StamCro and StamDen and am getting real tired of spamming DS. I've got a lower level MagPlar but there's a million of them out there and it's kind of boring. I really like Scrying and got the TS' early (before I even had a class to use them) and would really like to play a class that could take advantage of them, but am not opposed to playing a Stam class if it's fun and doesn't rely on a 2her. Any recommendations?

Appreciate it as always!

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
Edited by Psiion on June 26, 2020 12:29AM
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just posted my experience playing againts MagSorcs with the Strangler if you want to read it!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/534718/cp-enabled-magsorc-with-thrassian-strangler#latest
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The inherent problem with Stranglers in PVP is that the stacks reset on death, zone change and sneak. Three things that happen a lot. Due to zone change reset, BGs render the set pretty much useless since the match will be over before you really even get a chance to build stacks. And you have to hope that you never die.

Now, with that being said, I am sure that you could build your sets around defense and survival entirely and use Stranglers solely for damage. Something like 40K+ health and lots of resistances. Keeping you alive long enough to build and maintain all stacks in Cyro. But you may end up just as effective as someone running a non Stranglers build.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My gut says the highest burst magicka class is Necro with harmony traits.

In theory Thrassian would work on necro, 3K spell damage boosts your healing to offset the debuff, you have over 40% damage mitigation, and don't use shields. But I think templar or sorc would be massively better, see the link above for the ideal use case for Thrassian.

Sorc has 2% spell damage per sorc ability on bar, plus major sorcery for 20%. Frags, Curse, Overload scale well with spell damage. You have ball of lightning to avoid damage. Sitting in a keep under siege sounds like an ideal way to really leverage Thrassian....you have easily avoid damage and just snipe players at range. After reading that link, I want to try it.

• RamiroCruzo
    RamiroCruzo
    ✭✭✭
    Stranglers are multiplicative. Basically you're losing like 6% mitigation cause of them in CP. Shields are already too big and capped at 60% of HP, so with stranglers you loose like 200ish shield.

Yes, stacks are lost and all, but its totally worth it. Running IP+ Stranglers on Magsorc in IC and Ironblood + Shackle + Stranglers in Cyro. No loss in tankiness, healing is more than without Stranglers cause of Spell Damage. And did I mention you hit 14k frags on tanky Stamcro?
    Having a light side... And a Dark side... Is what makes life interesting...
    High as Nord and Proud as Dark Elf
    Blood for the Pact
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im gonna bring back the Dark flare zerg surfer when i get these.