The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't see maintenance/announcement banners if logged in to the forums

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hello,

I can't see maintenance/announcement banners when I'm logged in to the forums, HOWEVER, if I sign off I can see them.

If I login again, the lobby area of the forums has no announcements once more.

Any ideas how to fix this? I mean, I don't want to log off the forums everytime I want to see if maintenance is complete, or if an annoucement has been updated, etc.

Thank you.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Dragonnord

Is this issue with the forums happening in multiple web browsers?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning @ZOS_BillE,

Yes, I use Google Chrome and tested now in Microsoft Edge. This has been happening for some months now.

To be more accurate, it seems I see banner/announcements when I'm logged in to the forums, ONLY when they say "[COMPLETE]" (only those, the [COMPLETE] ones).

For example, now, logged in, I can see the YELLOW banners/announcements that say:

[COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 24

Maintenance for the week of June 22:
    • [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA for maintenance – June 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
    • [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU for maintenance – June 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
    • [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
    • [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA megaserver for patch maintenance – June 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
    • [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: EU megaserver for patch maintenance – June 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

However, if I log off, I can also see this one (that doesn't say [COMPLETE]):

The issues related to logging in to the megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

This happens in both browsers.

Also, very important, I can NEVER see any RED banners/announcements when I'm logged in to the forums. I can only see the red banners/announcements (like the ones that say: "We are currently investigating an issue with..." if I log off.

So, unless I log off from the forums, I never know if there are issues being worked or resolved since, if logged in, for some reason, I only see banners that have the "[COMPLETE]" word.

Thank you in advance for checking this.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Dragonnord

Thank you for letting us know this is happening in both Chrome and Edge. I've checked your forum account and you have the normal permissions other users would also have.

Have you tried testing on other devices?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing here, using Firefox, started happenign recently.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With this being mentioned I have not seen a banner in awhile using Microsoft Edge. Yesterday when we could not log into the forums I did not see a banner announcing Zos was working on it. I also have not seen announcements for any of the PC or console maintenance this week.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this is happening on google chrome haven't seen a banner in days
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

This happens only from my PC, from my mobile I always can see the banners and announcements, regardless color, and regardless if I'm logged or not to the forums.

I see more users are experiencing the same issue, so it's definitely not only me.

Please check, as it's very important for us to be able to see those banners and announcements.

Thank you again.

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_BillE!

Any updates on this issue?

Now, for example, we are having maintenance and if logged in to the forums (in the lobby/categories area), I see NO maintenance banners, however, if I log off I see:

Maintenance for the week of July 6:
    • [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – July 7, 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC) – 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
    • [IN PROGRESS] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – July 7, 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC) – 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
    • [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – July 7, 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC) – 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
    • [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 7, 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC) – 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)

Edited by Dragonnord on July 7, 2020 1:17PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only place that the forum banner shows up is Categories. For me, at least. Does not matter if I am logged in or not. No banners anywhere else that I have found, logged in or not.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed, apparently.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, becasue, as I explained above, if I'm logged in to the forums, I ONLY see YELLOW banners when they say "[COMPLETE]...", ANY other tipe of YELLOW or RED banner, I can't see them.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Not really ... YELLOW or RED banner, I can't see them.

I went from what you described, on multiple platforms, for several days, to working starting at about 9am ET today, to not working again on all platforms. Nothing but F5 as my friend.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 7, 2020 3:02PM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still can't ee it either, mutiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Samsung internet, IE *shudder*) whether logged in or logged out. Makes no freaking sense.