Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Music Box, in Dreams and Memories

Eliahnus
Eliahnus
✭✭✭
This antiquity has three pieces, I have been looking for the golden part, the preserved music box mechanism. I already have the other two parts.

According to information on the internet, its lead can be found in safeboxes in Glenumbra and Greenshade, and I choose Greenshade for my hunt. However, after looting about 30 safeboxes, which took quite some time, still nothing found. So, I was wondering if someone could confirm if the lead do drop in safeboxes in Greenshade.

I could also look for it in Glenumbra, but a lot of people are already farming there.
Thanks.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2023 11:11AM
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering this as well. I got the first part (can't remember where) and I noticed in my scrying journal that it appears under Auridon, Grahtwood and Summerset. Confusing.
    PC EU & NA
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I understood the golden part can be excavated in Grahtwood. But it does not mean the lead is also found there.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine from Shornhelm. There were literally 10+ Safeboxes in that city because no one else was farming it. Those lists aren't comprehensive; there's very clearly a lot of places this drops from. Good luck!
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got mine in Stonefalls after trying Grahtwood and Glenumbra. I think you just have to persevere, which can be hard when everyone in creation is trying for it and not many safeboxes are available.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got mine from Stonefalls and it took less than 20 safeboxes.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can drop from any safe box. I can't remember which zone I finally got mine in, but I went down the alphabet and was starting back at the beginning when I finally got that lead.
    The Moot Councillor
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    Got mine from a safe box in Bal Foyen.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got mine from a safebox in Stros M'Kai
  • vendeatha
    vendeatha
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually glad i am not only one have serious issues Trying to find preserved music box mechanism
    I use my maxed ''legerdemain'' and Thieves Guild NB to do all my stealing and lockpicking. I have now done this week alone! 5 days a week around 300+ Lockboxes. and still 0! on the preserved music box mechanism
    Starting think this item is broken and it will not drop!
    Strange thing is i am having issues with this same item(lead) on both EU and NA.
    Getting annoying and sick of trying.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vendeatha wrote: »
    I am actually glad i am not only one have serious issues Trying to find preserved music box mechanism
    I use my maxed ''legerdemain'' and Thieves Guild NB to do all my stealing and lockpicking. I have now done this week alone! 5 days a week around 300+ Lockboxes. and still 0! on the preserved music box mechanism
    Starting think this item is broken and it will not drop!
    Strange thing is i am having issues with this same item(lead) on both EU and NA.
    Getting annoying and sick of trying.

It does drop. I got it twice already. But you will get rich in the process.

I'm probably going to have Black Market Moghul before I get all the music boxes I want.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This lead can be found anywhere in safeboxes.

I looted over 200 safeboxes before getting it :(
    EU PC
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    (...)anywhere(...)

Lost the count to how many safeboxes I've looted so far.... Still looking for it...

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does exist...

Took about 180k gold of fencing almost entirely safebox loot, whatever that might equate to in safeboxes.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s easier to get now than when this was being discussed in 2020 — fewer people farming for it and you can get the lead from safeboxes across different zones (it used to be more limited or I thought it was and regularly combed the safeboxes in Daggerfall). Since then, I’ve collected eight more music boxes without deliberately farming for it. :)
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in June 2020. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.