The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Antiquity leads behind fishing is proof ZOS hates us

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ok...maybe not. But dear lord...hour after hour of staring at the screen pushing the same key/button every few seconds with nothing but a bunch of fish you can filet by staring at the screen and pushing a key/button every few seconds. It's just cruel and inhumane. In addition to "Stormproof", they should add the title "Fishproof" for anyone who can sit through hours of such mindless mundanity. :/
  • Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭
    Solution: make fishing a better minigame.

Problem: there has never been a fishing minigame that wasn't awful.
    Luxe Khanna - AD, Rank 49 Argonian Magblade Healer
    Crystala Khanna - AD, Rank 40 Khajiit Stamplar
    Guilds: Fantasia, Dominant Dominion.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somnilux wrote: »

Not even in meatspace.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love it if fishing was a minigame similar to the new ones, as it is now, hate it.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    In addition to "Stormproof", they should add the title "Fishproof" for anyone who can sit through hours of such mindless mundanity. :/

it's called "Master Angler" :D
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was definitely some hard core trolling. Lock a very powerful piece of DPS gear between not one but two fishing gates. Worst part is, the gloves will get nerfed. If I hadnt already done it, I wouldnt do it again. haha
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an advice and who has endured almost 20 hours of fishing straight this week, grab a book or watch a stream/tv. I use votan’s fisherman that allows me to ‘hear’ when there’s a catch. I multitask this way.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make fishing something similar to ff14. Complete with lures and a fishing guide. I loved fishing in that game Add in some quests ever so often and you got a fun side-game. Oh and get rid of the node fishing, this isn't EQ2.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember in Warframe we were given spear fishing which blended the first person shooter mechanics with a boring task usually associated with waiting. Was actually pretty enjoyable for a while and a good time killer.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trying (again) for Master Angler before Greymoor comes to console but after a good start (AD & DC done), The Rift is so damn frustrating I might give up again.

But I want that boat.

(Looked briefly last night at how many fish I have to fillet and nearly wept)
  • NoXHealeR
    NoXHealeR
    Soul Shriven
    Unpopular opinion here:
    All antiquities should be obainable by digging up antiquities - without grinding dragons, treasure chests, fishing, bosses etc
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hear you. I'm on the opposite side of the issue but it's similar; I love fishing, but can't do vet trials without literally injuring myself (severe carpal tunnel), so THAT boat is locked behind something that's going to cause me a lot of physical pain for days. I would rather have fished again. I wish we could trade chores with other people who like some stuff or can do some stuff better.
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok...maybe not. But dear lord...hour after hour of staring at the screen pushing the same key/button every few seconds with nothing but a bunch of fish you can filet by staring at the screen and pushing a key/button every few seconds. It's just cruel and inhumane. In addition to "Stormproof", they should add the title "Fishproof" for anyone who can sit through hours of such mindless mundanity. :/

Votans Fisherman, Right Click, Fillet All Stacks, Walk away and grab a coffee..
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Trying (again) for Master Angler before Greymoor comes to console but after a good start (AD & DC done), The Rift is so damn frustrating I might give up again.

But I want that boat.

@Hallothiel I weep for you console folks as well. That seems grossly unfair; I can install an addon and let it fillet nine hundred thousand fish for me while I watch Netflix. It's just rude that you guys have to do everything the hard way. I wish they'd figure out how to let consoles use addons!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I hear you. I'm on the opposite side of the issue but it's similar; I love fishing, but can't do vet trials without literally injuring myself (severe carpal tunnel), so THAT boat is locked behind something that's going to cause me a lot of physical pain for days. I would rather have fished again. I wish we could trade chores with other people who like some stuff or can do some stuff better.

@Minyassa

Once you achieve Master Angler, you can purchase the boat. You don't need to do vet trials for the boat. All you have to do is fish but you will need to fish in Cyrodiil.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

@Minyassa

Once you achieve Master Angler, you can purchase the boat. You don't need to do vet trials for the boat. All you have to do is fish but you will need to fish in Cyrodiil.

Not the Master Angler boat...there's a new boat, an Antiquity. For the lead for that you have to complete a vet trial.

And of course it's a bigger, prettier boat. Sigh.

Edit: My bad, not an Antiquity, another Achievement furnishing. For the vet trial.
    Edited by Minyassa on June 3, 2020 1:56AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Minyassa

Not the Master Angler boat...there's a new boat, an Antiquity. For the lead for that you have to complete a vet trial.

And of course it's a bigger, prettier boat. Sigh.

Oh! I did not know about a new boat. I'm glad I posted even though I was wrong because now I learned something new. Of course, I probaby won't be getting the new boat, either, as my age and hand problems keep me from doing trials. Oh, well!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But I want that boat.

Are you looking for the river spots? There are some in the Public Dungeon, including in the area where the group challenge is.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On further consideration...after nearly an entire day of staring at the screen and pressing the E key, I'm convinced...they hate us. Doesn't appear they've even fixed the no drop issue with the Coral Plating lead for Thrassian Stranglers. I think I'll go do something more enjoyable...like punch myself in the face. :/
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On further consideration...after nearly an entire day of staring at the screen and pressing the E key, I'm convinced...they hate us. Doesn't appear they've even fixed the no drop issue with the Coral Plating lead for Thrassian Stranglers. I think I'll go do something more enjoyable...like punch myself in the face. :/

its been fixed. i got the Coral Plating on my first cast after relogging later in the day.. 2hr session in the morning proved unfruitful though.
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But I want that boat.

@Hallothiel I weep for you console folks as well. That seems grossly unfair; I can install an addon and let it fillet nine hundred thousand fish for me while I watch Netflix. It's just rude that you guys have to do everything the hard way. I wish they'd figure out how to let consoles use addons!

Yeah, I was really hoping that when they added the "multi-crafting/demo'ing" option to consoles that it was going to include "multi-filleting" but alas... <sadface>
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    Somnilux wrote: »

Not even in meatspace.

I really liked the one in FF15. I could have played a whole game of mostly that.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Minyassa

My only issue with this is the distribution of fishing locations. I might consider changing alliances on my main just for that.
  • Grey17
    Grey17
    ✭✭✭
    But I want that boat.

Wait till you get to Alik'r Desert and have to find those Foul Fish. Hours and hours of fun.........
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The whole system is a distraction and a bit annoying. I like the idea of getting stuff from doing everyday stuff. But ditch the grindy parts, including the skill line leveling.

Sometimes is feels like ZOS is on a mission to distract us from having fun.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, it’s less obnoxious than sticking one in IC sewers by a landslide...
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you mean they still haven't made cutting fish a refining exercise done at a provisioning station with the abilty to cut multiple fish at once. Get cracking ZOS and make it happen
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was also thinking of how they could improve fishing while i got my mythic pieces.
    Final Fantasy 15s fishing mini game is cool. but implementing something too drastic is unlikely, so what about just increasing its loot pool.
    could make it even cooler by adding monster spawns to them that drop good loot. there is a small chance that someone will fish up some sort of aquatic creatures like dreugh, seagons, sloads, maormer...
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As someone who has zero interest in vet trials and really want that boat, I feel the same way. At least we can buy a vet run from some of the players that sell those in the game. Will cost a ton of gold but at least it's a way to get it.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If fishing was at least as it was in Breath of Fire but no all we have is the basic node hitting.

66097-breath-of-fire-iv-windows-screenshot-fishing-in-the-game-is.png

• Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO it's far worse farming bosses for leads in IC/sewers than fishing :s
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points