The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What did you think about the greymoor quests (avoid spoilers)?

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I felt there weren't that many memorable questlines to be honest

Dusk Town was decent, Karthwatch probably the best side quest, a certain adventurer was a fun story even when the ending was a bit weird...but others than that, most side quests werent really that memorable? Especially Morthal was kinda disappointing to be honest...

And the main questline felt kinda short to me? Maybe thats just my subjective impression....
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And the main questline felt kinda short to me? Maybe thats just my subjective impression....

The chances are that you're not wrong. Especially when the end story bosses have become too easy for the sake of accessibility, a consequence being a lack of a memorable experience. Same issue with Elsweyr

People's memorable experiences generally come from overcoming a challenge because the emotions generated in that time stick. If there are no challenges and everything can be done with little trouble then that leaves no experiences worth remembering.

A lack of content can be true when examining that their expansion output is not as big as the other large MMO titles (Note: ESO may lack the amount side quests but it makes up for it with the quality of their side quests)
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am taking it slow and have only done dusktown and bard's college so far and I liked them both!
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests are enjoyable if you aren't rushing through them, but the wording and speech of the NPCs seem awfully rushed.
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the main story was flat lol

Main year long villain was a bust for me. I did not feel any threat whatsoever, they were boring lol

I've gotten more enjoyment from exploring blackreach and antiquities.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liked the main quest a lot, preferred it over the Elsweyr one because the pacing and the twists.
    But do the chapter quest first, else you have to redo lots of stuff and parts makes no sense as it you you knew the event but no way to tell the quest npc breaking the 4th wall.
    Side quests, as Khajiit the Elsweyr ones was better, I also think they was more funny.
    They might want to make this more serious as some Elsweyr quests was a bit on the joke side like finding an alfiq in an bag.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:22PM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »

The chances are that you're not wrong. Especially when the end story bosses have become too easy for the sake of accessibility, a consequence being a lack of a memorable experience. Same issue with Elsweyr

People's memorable experiences generally come from overcoming a challenge because the emotions generated in that time stick. If there are no challenges and everything can be done with little trouble then that leaves no experiences worth remembering.

A lack of content can be true when examining that their expansion output is not as big as the other large MMO titles (Note: ESO may lack the amount side quests but it makes up for it with the quality of their side quests)

Honestly, the bosses and the end boss die so fast that i started only light attacking them to have at least some sort of experience
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StevenIV wrote: »
    I did not feel any threat whatsoever, they were boring lol

I've gotten more enjoyment from exploring blackreach and antiquities.

I also felt that the main quest punished you for exploring due to relying on big reveals. I had already visited Karthwatch and Blackreach chasing antiquities and my preorder treasure maps, which rather spoiled the big reveals for both. I don't believe I've had this problem in any other zone before in a game that encourages you to explore.

yeah, maybe for next chapter id be good if they drop some hints how they think progression is best done through the map but i t hink the general idea is that the main quest brings you to all the areas and than do the side quests there....
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was so ready to love this chapter and proclaim it the best one yet. The zone is just gorgeous, titles and costume rewards seemed interesting, I like the base game update, all things ready to go.

But as I did side quest after side quest, I kept wondering "where is the meat?". Everything felt so inconsequential, unrelated to Nord culture, trivial. Even Blackreach disappoints, it is treated as something so mundane, and none of the stranger things are ever explored. Instead we spent our time with ghost hunters chasing a corrupt miner, or gather the crew of a stranded ship, yawn.
    It feels like there is no mystery to explore. There might be a giant cave under the zone, but everything is as it appears on the surface. I finished the content, and it doesn't even feel like I started yet.

Complete disappointment.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the one hand I generally think ESO quests are pretty dull since they all seem to follow the same format.
    But another issue with questing in eso, is that to me, the game just fails to achieve the same sort of atmosphere that Skyrim or the Witcher 3 had.
    Enjoying say a vampire questline is heavily reliant on dark and frightening environments. And in eso there just aren't any.
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on June 1, 2020 8:51AM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, writing is pretty bad this time around. Shame, really.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that the Chapter has not arrived on console yet... I don't think anything, yet.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So far I've loved the questing... yes, most stories seemed familiar. But that is to be expected after so many quests, DLC, and zones already existing. There were too many quests trying to be funny though, would have loved some more serious choice quests. Like the one where you have to choose to sacrifice your general, or a captive who wants to get home to his family(forgot which overland zone, not western Skyrim). But quests like that actually get to me, and make me stop to think about what I would do and why.

I do wish they had placed alot more wayshrines in western Skyrim. In Blackreach it is easy to reach one, while in western Skyrim it takes ages to move around.

About the zones themselves, I really like western Skyrim. Not many obstacles, and lots of free space to move around. Making it feel huge. The only small downside is the too few wayshrines.
    Now Blackreach... that really is something. Absolutely love this zone and atmosphere. It is so easy to get lost in there, which feels great. The only downside to this zone is that it is easy to get lost in there, when you are actually looking for something hehe.

PS: Dusktown is bugged for me, can't read the note.
    Edited by Sarannah on June 1, 2020 9:13AM
  • Efaritay
    Efaritay
    ✭✭✭
    I feel as though the main quest was good but predictable.

The difficulty is where it was lacking. I understand the ability curve is vast for ESO but I feel Main quests could do with a difficulty slider? The 'bosses' were dead before they could finish their sentences. The final fight could of been incredible which disheartened me when it came to it.
    "Don't tickle the Dragon if you can't take the heat"

EU ¦ EP
    Project Nova

Efaritay ¦ Breton ¦ Sorcerer - Calloniel ¦ Redguard ¦ Templar
    Arrow Rain ¦ Bosmer ¦ Nightblade - Breath of Life ¦ Breton ¦ Templar
    Taunts-with-Spoons ¦ Argonian ¦ Dragonknight - Kipp's Secret Lover ¦ Redguard ¦ Sorcerer
    Vrixaura ¦ Breton ¦ Nightblade - Miss Snuffles ¦ Khajiit ¦ Nightblade - Effy ¦ Dunmer ¦ Dragonknight
    Deadric Lord Slayer ¦ Monster Hunter ¦ Tamriel Hero ¦ Savior of Nirn ¦ Enemy of Coldharbour ¦ Explorer ¦ Hero of Wrothgar ¦ Master Theif
  • Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    It was boring. The main villain has no serious motivation, Svana has daddy issues much like Serana from Dawnguard, and while Greymoor Keep is an impressive piece of architecture, the whole thing is basically "go in a hole in the ground and beat the old guy up."