The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I keep losing "Lead: Lacquered Wooden Tone-Box"

Rosabel
Rosabel
✭✭
I keep finding Lead: Lacquered Wooden Tone-Box but whenever I try to pick it up from the container that I found it in, it disappears. The game does that one kind of error sounding sound and then tells me the item is no longer available and I don't have it in my antiquities list under "J".
This has happened 4 times now with the same lead.
The 4th time it happened I screenshotted me finding it and then the message appearing in the top right corner as I click it (have to click it, can't click "Steal all" because it just won't work when the lead is there for some reason). See screenshots below.
j8yw752ehitd.png
pyixpn41trez.png

• ALaiham
    ALaiham
    Soul Shriven
    same , but I already got it before , is it same case for you ?
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have already completed this lead for the music box part, you cannot do it again. It might be repeatable AFTER you complete the music box, but I haven't got that far yet.
  • Rosabel
    Rosabel
    ✭✭
    Hmm, that might be the reason.
    I did complete one lead in the music box... Feels like it shouldn't even show up if I already did it, or to give me that specific message..
    This way it feels like I'm bugged..Super confusing.

I hovered the other leads and they are different grades (purple and yellow) so I guess they drop somewhere else.

I'll just go with the assumption that it's a "feature" and it's supposed to be found but disappear if I already did the lead. xD

Thank you both for putting some light on the situation!
  • RawBrightSilver
    I'm getting that too. I steal it but it doesn't show up because I've already excavated it, but haven't completed the music box.