The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lost use of Abilities and Weapon Swap during Cloudrest Trial.

ZaiZah
ZaiZah
✭✭✭
I did try to look for something similar before posting but couldn't quite find the right words to search.
But to sum it up, i'm sure its not my addons because i had done 3 other trials before this one and I've never encounted this problem before.

This is on the PC-EU megaserver on my stamina dragonknight zaizah.

So here's the rundown on what happened, i joined a group for normal cloudrest we go and kill Galenwe and then run to Siroria.
Well while waiting for the rest to get here, i was waiting just on the step where the barrier spawns when someone starts the fight. This teleported me into the battle as it usually would but this time it bugged out, I had no use of any abilities, i could not swap weapon bars and even rolling, jumping or death and being resurrected wasn't even enough to fix it.

The only option i had was to leave the instance all together where a zone jump had fixed the issue.
I'm hoping it was a one off, but i /bug reported it anyway to be on the safe side.

Here's a quick video (no sound) of me trying to use my abilities (with the keybinds and the mouse too)

Player since Beta (Tenth Anniversary Badge!)
PC - EU (2316cp)
Arcthulhu - Stam Arcanist - DD
Zaizah - Mag DK - DD
Hermora the Explorer - Arcanist - Healer
Step Vrol Im Stuck - DK - Tank
  • ZaiZah
    ZaiZah
    ✭✭✭
    So this is the second time this has happened to me, loss of skills, can't swap bars or re-equip gear. It lets me use potions but that doesn't help when i can't do anything else :D

This seems to only be happening in Cloudrest and i had all addons switched off after it happened the first time, the only solution was to zone jump and jump back into the trial but it happens again.

I noticed it was only happening when i was in the shadow realm and got teleported in the air, once landing on the floor again it was bugged.

I took this video, before leaving the trial to show that i couldn't use anything.
    PC - EU (2316cp)
    Zaizah - Mag DK - DD
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    My buddy had this happen when we were in CR the other day.
  • Valongo
    Valongo
    Soul Shriven
    This has happened to me several times while running Cloudrest, as recently as yesterday.

Any suggestions?
  • ZaiZah
    ZaiZah
    ✭✭✭
    Valongo wrote: »
    This has happened to me several times while running Cloudrest, as recently as yesterday.

Any suggestions?

The only way i've managed to get around it is to leave the teleport out and back in again :(

I also noticed it only really happens to me if you get caught by the gates of each boss and get teleported in or when facing zmaja you get teleported into the portal or out of it.
    PC - EU (2316cp)
    Zaizah - Mag DK - DD
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happens fairly regularly on ps4 in cloudrest. Only way I've found to reset it is to log out and back in again. Once in a blue moon it is purely graphical and I can see the damage numbers I am causing, but bars/weapons/effects are not visible
    Soupy twist