Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Question about reaching 90k+ dps

CopyNinjaLu
Xbox NA

I main a 810cp mag necro that consistently hits 79-80k every parse. When I parse, I wear perfected Siroria front bar, mothers sorrow, Zaan. Divines most pieces but 3 (arms, belt, feet). Staves are infused (flame enchant, wpn/spell power enchant). Champ points are in the right spots.

I’ve seen multiple rotations on YouTube and most were very similar, also very static.

If this matters, I’ve completed most HMs besides Sunspire and Cloudrest (currently prog). I’m very familiar with the dps role and mag necro class. I know you really don’t need 90k to complete trials and/or HMs, I mainly just want to hit this for my personal records.

TL;DR
My question here is, performing the rotation very smoothly, how is my dps 10k or so away from the people parsing 90k with the same gear, cp allocation and rotation?
Am I missing something while I parse?
Edited by CopyNinjaLu on May 30, 2020 6:16PM
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA

I main a 810cp mag necro that consistently hits 79-80k every parse. When I parse, I wear perfected Siroria front bar, mothers sorrow, Zaan. Divines most pieces but 3 (arms, belt, feet). Staves are infused (flame enchant, wpn/spell power enchant). Champ points are in the right spots.

I’ve seen multiple rotations on YouTube and most were very similar, also very static.

If this matters, I’ve completed most HMs besides Sunspire and Cloudrest. I’m very familiar with the dps role and mag necro class.

My question here is, performing the rotation very smoothly, how is my dps 10k or so away from the people parsing 90k with the same gear, cp allocation and rotation?
    Xbox NA

If this matters, I’ve completed most HMs besides Sunspire and Cloudrest. I’m very familiar with the dps role and mag necro class.

What is your LA ratio?

I’m roughly on same dps par, ~75-80k on magsorc every parse. But my LA ratio is 0.7 to 0.75

I don’t see how the math could work, but been told a 0.3 ratio improvement equals +10k parse. Assuming I hit 1.0 that theoretically translates to 85-95k. Except I don’t see how this could jump that much, but saw on some streamer videos that is supposedly the expected gain from a 0.3 ratio improvement.

Again, not saying this is correct but curious what your LA ration on 21 mil atro is
  • CopyNinjaLu
    I wish I could see that on console, but I don’t think there’s a way to show my LA ratio...

But I agree, light attacks could warrant the 10k I’m looking for.
    At the same time though, I hit my LAs after every skill. Maybe I’m missing some though.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might be gear? My difference from live to pts is 80k to 90k dps while i am from eu and playing on 80 ping live an 200 on pts.
    The gear difference is 2 epic pieces, normal siroria and 2 infused instead of divines, but i'm not sure if so little stats can make such a big difference. I would blame my personal skill aswell but using same class and rotation with nearly the same gear my difference is a staggering 10k.

And thats on mag dk with 5 elf bane 2 illambris 5 siroria using blood for blood spammable, which to my knowledge didnt go thru any changes from pts to live version.
    Edited by daemonor on May 30, 2020 6:47PM
  • CopyNinjaLu
    daemonor wrote: »
    Might be gear? My difference from live to pts is 80k to 90k dps while i am from eu and playing on 80 ping live an 200 on pts.
    The gear difference is 2 epic pieces, normal siroria and 2 infused instead of divines, but i'm not sure if so little stats can make such a big difference. I would blame my personal skill aswell but using same class and rotation with nearly the same gear my difference is a staggering 10k.

And thats on mag dk with 5 elf bane 2 illambris 5 siroria using blood for blood spammable, which to my knowledge didnt go thru any changes from pts to live version.

Well in my situation, I’m pre-Greymoor at the moment. So we, console players, don’t have the new vampire skills right now.

Mag Dk i easily hit 85k, but again, that’s before the perfected Asylum inferno staff nerf...lol
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do I get the other 55K needed to reach your 80K? Now granted I’m wearing 1 set of crafted and one overland set all purple except weapons are gold and only 350CP. But seriously though I feel like I’m struggling for 25K. Does the trail equipment, extra CP and vamp skill line add that much or am I destined to be mediocre forever?
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where do I get the other 55K needed to reach your 80K? Now granted I’m wearing 1 set of crafted and one overland set all purple except weapons are gold and only 350CP. But seriously though I feel like I’m struggling for 25K. Does the trail equipment, extra CP and vamp skill line add that much or am I destined to be mediocre forever?

They are talking about parses on 21mil trial dummy. It gives alot of group buffs that you would normally get in trial group. Do your parse on that and your dps will most likely go from 25 to 50k.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xbox NA

If this matters, I’ve completed most HMs besides Sunspire and Cloudrest (currently prog). I’m very familiar with the dps role and mag necro class. I know you really don’t need 90k to complete trials and/or HMs, I mainly just want to hit this for my personal records.

TL;DR

Don't worry about 90k that's a joke now. Wait for Graymoor and get thrassian stranglers set and you will get over 100k+ and if you're vamp, you can even reach 120s. Parses mean nothing anymore, there's so much cheesing.