Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aldmeri Golden Embellishments lead doesn't work past 1/3

MreeBiPolar
MreeBiPolar
✭✭✭✭
I have found and successfully excavated the lead for Aldmeri Golden Embellishments, getting 1/3 codex entries for it.
Since then, I have found it 4 more times, and it does not enable scrying again.

12wips81xxpg.png
uyutdfdn7zdt.png
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to complete the entire 3 piece item. Only then will additional copies of the same lead allow you to scry them. Search out the first and third pieces to complete the item.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me with the lacquered box part too.

They need to put a check in to stop these leads from dropping when they won’t work, the same way you won’t find BG outfit style pages or Murkmire festival memento fragments you already have.
  • wolf2017
    wolf2017
    ✭✭
    Happened to me too
    Edited by wolf2017 on June 14, 2020 12:59PM
    Regards

WFX
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am having some issues with obtaining this as well, but I’m on console and there is not as much information available as I see here for me.

I have successfully completed the purple lead Aldmeri Embellishments twice, and it says 1/3 pieces but it has icons for 2 of the 3 spots filled and only one blank one.

That is the only lead I have got so far so I don’t know if the other pieces are supposed to have purple leads with different names.

I will post a screen snapshot tomorrow so it will be more clear.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    First lead is blue, second, the embellishments is purple and the last lead is gold, you can only have one of each max at any one time, you get all three they combine and then you go get the leads all over again. I have one music box and was after another, I got the blue lead easy enough, but the purple keeps dropping in the strangest of places and vanishing, I have had it about 10 times only to have it vanish, have not yet found it in any of the locations it is said to drop. But then my first one did not drop where it was meant to either, think I got it out of a plain normal chest some where.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is all I see when I look at the leads I've already completed. Like I said before, I did 2 purple ones called Aldemeri Embellishments. I have credit for only 1 piece of the jewelry box but 2 of the 3 icons for the pieces are filled. The way the progress is shown here, it is impossible for me to tell what I need to do to complete this.

pj41dm540cyk.jpg

i84qvfwcef5f.jpg

glatkqgxb98b.jpg
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Lannharr
    Lannharr
    ✭✭✭
    There is a bug on this lead as it will disappear with a message 'Item not available' after being looted from thieves troves.

It had happened 3 times already and I can't complete the fragments set.

PC EU
  • JaneBling
    JaneBling
    This happened to me too. I found the aldmeri golden embellishment lead in a thieves trove, but when I tried to take it I got the message "This item is no longer available" and it disappeared. It did not come up as a new lead in my scrying list. I logged a bug through the in game customer support and left it at that. When I logged back in I checked my scrying list and it showed 2 of the aldmeri symphonia fragments. Pressing square on it apparently I already have the Golden Embellishments, not sure if I had already found it or if they just gave it to me after I logged the bug, I certainly didnt scry the lead that I had just found that vanished and dont specifically remember scrying it before. Looking at the fragments it told me to look in Summerset for the first piece. So I did the blue lacquered wooden tone box lead and now it says i have 2/3 fragments found. So if you select Auridon- select Aldmeri Symphonia (ps4 press square, not sure how other platforms select it) then select each fragment. If you have the fragment it will say to scry for a new lead, if you have the lead and still need to do need to do it, it will say to look for it in -specific zone-. Go to that zone and when you open Scryable it should be there in the list.
  • fortyfivekva_ESO
    fortyfivekva_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The same thing happened to me today -- TWICE. I have 2 completed Music Boxes. I received a Lead for the Golden Embellishment from N. Elsw dragon kill loot but it never showed up as available to scry. Several hours later I got another lead from a safebox in Murkmire for the same Golden Embellishment - and it too never showed up as scryable.
  • fortyfivekva_ESO
    fortyfivekva_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Happened again this morning - Western Skyrim, thieve's trove -- Golden Embellishment=(