The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

With nightfall crates coming, vampire friendly hairstyles?

TropicsDelight
TropicsDelight
✭✭✭
It would be fairly cool with the nightfall crates coming out and coinciding with the release of the Greymoor vampire chapter if we were to get a few hairstyles that work well with vampire builds.

I pulled a few examples from Skyrim mod hairstyles that would be cool to see in this game that would work well with a vampire build. These would all be a insta-buy for me. Combined in a pack I would blow 5000 crowns for a hair pack that had the below styles.

The first is a high bouffant long hairstyle that has long bangs and a whisp coming down between the eyes. Both sides of the face are framed with hair that curves in. This would look outstanding on many vampire builds and has the added bonus of still showing the ears to the elves out there.
N0JoaF7.jpg

The second, a short bob with hair coming down over one eye. As a classic bob the hair curves in on both sides at the bottom. The second image shows a similar hairstyle but with straight bangs.
peG746D.jpgx6xbqkX.jpg

The third has a classic thing many vampire hairstyles have, and that is the bangs that get longer in the center of the face making a V shape. The second image also shows this but in a long style instead and with whisps of hair again angling in to the face on each side.
W9hLMcc.jpgtpOaTjFm.jpg?1

The fourth is quite distinct being very long at the front and shorter in the back. It has some similarities to the bob above but with no bangs and an uneven part. It is effectively a cross between "The Rachel" and a bob.

gLXy4LGm.jpg
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see how any of those styles are vampire-centric. They just look like different hairstyles? So what is a vampire centric hairstyle?

Also, why not just ask for certain hairstyles vs asking for them to be placed into the loot boxes where RNG rules the day instead of players making a choice on what they want to buy?
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Also, why not just ask for certain hairstyles vs asking for them to be placed into the loot boxes where RNG rules the day instead of players making a choice on what they want to buy?

Most crate items sell for gems as well. I am totally fine if they sell for crowns instead, I think I stated I would pay crowns for them in the post.

What would be a hair style you think would be vampire-centric? Can you post an example?

The forth row in particular is a very commonly used look for vampire characters in lore with the V shaped bangs that cut low in the center of the face. It is very common for vampire looks and very rare for basically anything else.
    Edited by TropicsDelight on May 30, 2020 9:50AM
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of those strike me as vampire-centric. Sorry.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anime-Goth does not look like Vampire to me, sorry.
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, why not?

More hairstyles are always nice.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »
    You want anime hair?

None of these are anime hairstyles. Every hair style you see there predates anime, and many pre-date TV. Anime may have borrowed from them, but anime absolutely does not define them.

The bob hairstyles were developed and mostly came into popularity in the 1920's.

The bouffant hairstyle came into it's own mostly in the 1960's and would be better stated "you want the Priscilla Presley hair style or the Brigid Bardot Hairstyle? The top hairstyle is a classic 60's look.

I am not pushing for hair styles from anime. I want some more older classic styles seen in the past that might not be as common today.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Tousled Bard looks quite gothic, just saying.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually quite tired of the "vampire = gothic" trope that many settings (including TES to some degree) like to exploit. Becoming a vampire doesn't automatically make someone into an uber-goth, if they weren't one in life. Most of them would just keep dressing the way they used to do as mortals.

But anyway, I digress. Regarding the hairstyles, most of them wouldn't really look right in a medieval fantasy setting. There were no v-shaped bangs, or huge coiffed ponytails and such, and for the better or worse ESO seems to stick to a relatively period-appropriate aesthetic.

The simple bob I could see, though.
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on May 31, 2020 2:54PM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petition to keep anime-goth out of The Elder Scrolls. Exist to sign.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire friendly hair? Does that mean Elvira, Mistess of the Dark hair?

Or, you know,all of them? Because a lot of vampires in Elder Scrolls tries not to stick out, just have what they used to have, or live very remote so there isn't really anyone to give them fancy haircuts. Becoming a vampire doesn't give you a sudden extreme urge for bat theme, black velvet and leather or goth hair.

[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Most crate items sell for gems as well. I am totally fine if they sell for crowns instead, I think I stated I would pay crowns for them in the post.

What would be a hair style you think would be vampire-centric? Can you post an example?

The forth row in particular is a very commonly used look for vampire characters in lore with the V shaped bangs that cut low in the center of the face. It is very common for vampire looks and very rare for basically anything else.

Gems are tied to crates as well, and more RNG of what we can change into gems.

All I am saying is I think it would it would make more sense to just ask for them than to suggest Zos put them into crates. It would give us more control over our purchases.

To each their own. I do not buy crates because I choose what I will buy instead of playing the slot machine.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a8e56db4c7d2ca3a41ebea9e0335aa376004141cr1-1024-576v2_uhq.jpg
    the only appropriate vampire hairstile :D