The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the point of the repeatable green leads?

alewis478b14_ESO
alewis478b14_ESO
✭✭✭
I do not get any skill line progress repeating green leads I have already done, so what is the point?
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes you do get exp
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    250 gold each?

Wish you could repeat the purple ones, that would probably break the economy if you could given they are 5k each.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not get any skill line progress repeating green leads I have already done, so what is the point?

1 Green lead scryed and excavated gets you 1 exp point. When you get Scrying to L3 you can start scrying and excavating blue leads, which will give you 3 exp points. But only the green leads are reusable, so you need to do Green, Blue, Green, Blue.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well the xp from repeating them was not noticeable. I did 4 of them and I couldn't tell the bar moved. I went and did three different greens in three different zones and got about 20% of a bar each time.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the xp from repeating them was not noticeable. I did 4 of them and I couldn't tell the bar moved. I went and did three different greens in three different zones and got about 20% of a bar each time.

In matter of fact, greens a very important for fast leveling, here is the guide:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-antiquities-grind-guide-scrying-excavation-leveling/

• alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it was some random achievements that boosted my xp, but it went much fast doing a new green in a new zone each time.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a golden lead drop.. or whatever and it said i needed greymoor..can we sell it? I don't think i saw it in my inventory
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The green leads are what get you started in a zone. Do them and you can get a blue lead, and blue leads can award purple leads. It adds onto itself and in a small zone like Eyevea and Arteaum it gives you a lot of experience as well.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    But you have to do many greens before your skill level lets you do the blue and so on.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you have to do many greens before your skill level lets you do the blue and so on.

FFS, it takes 20 exp to get to L3. 8 to get to L2, 12 to get to L3. That's it. You can do it in an hour or so on Arteum.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But only the green leads are reusable, so you need to do Green, Blue, Green, Blue.
    That.
    That is the purpose of the green leads - get you to the blue leads.
    Yeah, the whole thing is a tad grindy.
    But its not really an issue, since you can do it wherever... so, one circle around all the starter isles and base game regions will net you all those green exvacation expees, and a blue lead each to start on once you raised your skill there... and then you can alternate green and blue for a while until you get to purple, and make sweet money from all the stuff you dig up en passant... I would suggest not treating it as a race, but instead doing it as a leisurely activity in between your usual ESO gaming when you just don't feel like fighting stuff much... less change of grind-burnout that way.