The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should our pre-Greymoor vet Maelstrom and vet Dragonst weapons to be upgraded for perfected ones?

• Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. We spent hundrets hours in both VETERAN arena!
    If you put a new muffler on a car or bike and call it a whole new model, you'd get laughed out of the industry. At this point I have little faith any decisions will get reversed. And it was/is a crap decision
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With numerous threads & 100's of posts I have to say this was a poor decision.

It doesnt matter whether you are for or against anymore.

The decision has the player base arguing with each other regurgitating the pros or cons of either viewpoint.

No good leader would sit back & watch the fight unfold & do nothing.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matchimus wrote: »

The decision has the player base arguing with each other regurgitating the pros or cons of either viewpoint.

All that really matters now is carte blanche to make such changes to anything, because there will always be people happy to agree with what they do for as long as it doesn't directly affect them.
    Edited by mairwen85 on May 26, 2020 10:53PM
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matchimus wrote: »

I mean, initially without this whole divisive fiasco, there were essentially no cons to just upgrading the weapons.

Problem is they can't seem to anticipate much. So many back forth with sets, abilities (dot mets then full 180, Incap without stun then with stun). I get that it's a huge game but come on...

They probably didn't anticipate the community's response and the "conflict" is at a point where any polls or post fall on a deaf ear. Don't think they'll change their mind because it's too late but I'm still gonna voice my opinion until the end.
  • RoninOfNight
    RoninOfNight
    ✭✭✭
    This was the straw for me. I moved on to other games.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really couldn't give less of a crap about these stupid weapons. The server has bigger issues. EU died for a bit, people who didn't buy Greymoor have it, people who bought it don't even have their copy of it yet, temporary passes for those who bought it and showed proof aren't getting in.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all!

We have recently removed a few comments due to Baiting. Baiting is a violation of the Community Guidelines and is stated as follows:
    Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    Please keep in mind that all posts should be kept civil, constructive, and within the guidelines of the rules. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. (Write in co0mment please why?)
    I already destroyed my old ones, so no i don't
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean. If I get back all the transmute stones and materials I used on vMA weapons I am willing to compromise.
  • Aleinzzs
    Aleinzzs
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all!

We have recently removed a few comments due to Baiting. Baiting is a violation of the Community Guidelines and is stated as follows:
    Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    Please keep in mind that all posts should be kept civil, constructive, and within the guidelines of the rules. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

-Greg-

lets be honest here. zos is trolling the playerbase by making them refarm 4yo+ content.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aleinzzs wrote: »
    Greetings all!

-Greg-

lets be honest here. zos is trolling the playerbase by making them refarm 4yo+ content.

Worse yet, now they know people will swallow whatever they're sold - bugs, lags, downtime, trolling and forcing to re-grind things anew... Provided it comes with a dirtily slapped together mobile clicker minigame and new crown stone nifties.

And yes, @zvavi is right. They owe now not just time, but also a bunch of transmute crystals and gold tempers.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yes, @zvavi is right. They owe now not just time, but also a bunch of transmute crystals and gold tempers.

Well yes. The game had always horizontal progression. Always. If people knew their weapons would be invalidated like this, they would never get more than one. I got like 6 or 7 goldened out staves, and if I knew that this would happen, I would had probably 2. I would never waste materials on that gear. So that sudden cap increase, is not only invalidation of time, but also in game currencies.
    Edited by zvavi on May 27, 2020 11:30AM
  • dakkiii
    dakkiii
    ✭✭✭
    I just spent an hour there, mostly because it was buggy as hell. I was planning to get a couple staves and bows, but it is just simply not worth the grind. Their response was horrible when it was addressed, and if they had at least fixed the arena to make it a smooth grind, it would MAYBE be worth it, but no fix and no understanding/appreciation for our previous grind for THE EXACT SAME LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY. I won't be grinding UNLESS i need another weapon for a new/different character, otherwise, big nope to that grind.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, previously-earned weapons from veteran arenas should be upgraded to the new perfected versions. WE ALREADY EARNED THEM IN VETERAN!!!

They removed the extra bonuses from these arena weapons before because they were too good!!! And then turned around and made perfected sets for newer content that had the extra bonuses included!!! Without reverting the existing arena weapons to what they were before!!! And now they want us to re-grind the same old crap that we already did, for something that we already had, but they took away from us so they could sell new content?!?!?! Not to mention all the time and materials put into these weapons!!!!!!
    ZestyMassiveHammerheadshark-size_restricted.gif

I just came to the forums today to read the patch notes and see what all has changed before I wasted any time downloading updates. I was considering purchasing Greymoor and checking it out since I haven't logged in to the game in about two months (my interest and patience with this game went from playing all day, every day -- to none at all)... But now I'm glad that I checked before wasting my time and purchasing anything else from this company! I see they're still "killing it"... I'm just surprised it isn't dead yet!
    giphy.gif
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldartar wrote: »
    No is the simple answer.

When I bought my GSXR750 new and they bring out an updated version the following year am I entitled to the newer model? No.

So why should you get a free updated version? Just because you spent hours grinding, I spent hours working long hours to buy that bike doesn't entitle me to a free updated model does it.

Your analogy does not mirror up with the situation though.

Here it is more accurately.

You buy a GSXR750 that you are very happy with, a great deal of hard work went in to acquiring it and your pretty pleased with yourself. 6 months later a firmware update for your bikes onboard computer comes out that, if you don't update, it does not start. This update nerfs your bike.

Another 6 months later, your bike is now on sales for 10% the price (in this case the effort) of what you paid for it but a new version of your bike is now on sale for the full price, but it has essentially the same stats, perhaps a few extra bells a whistles, as the bike you initially purchased prior to the forced firmware update.

Your request that the firmware simply gets reverted for people that purchased the bike a year ago gets ignored.
  • Mr_Hokusai
    Mr_Hokusai
    Soul Shriven
    Running new content to get new gear => fun
    Running old and super-completed content to get new gear => not fun
    I have no interest in spending 50-100 hours again in this older content.
    I play this kind of games to feel like a virtual warrior, not a goldfish in a bowl. :smile:

Here the feeling is not good. Yesterday I passed from being about to buy Greymoor to.... finally simply uninstal the game!.. No drama (many other things to do and test).

Thanks anyway to the devs and community for all these years and great moments of fun.
  • Rash_Ta
    Rash_Ta
    ✭✭
    Yeah would be nice if our old perfected weapons stay perfected... But we still can play anyways

[Edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on May 27, 2020 2:21PM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    Old was
    Vet = Weapon
    Norm = Nothing

New
    Vet = Perfect weapon
    Norm = Weapon

You did the content on vet, you deserve a vet prize.

If they are doing this purely for clean tables, they should make 3 tables
    1) Perfect weapon (New)
    2) Non perfect weapon (New)
    3) Old Weapon* buffed to the same stats as Perfect because the old weapon would only drop in Vet.

Then have a system that when you go to MA, you can talk to the trader and convert your 3) for a 1).

I thought ZOS was joking when they said this, and the community response was clear, there is no reason for them to f'over their vet players like this other than it gives them a bit of joy.

Why wouldn't they just make existing ones "Perfected", it can't take much more than renaming a few posts in the tables? The stats/bonuses can be changed without any problem, we are seeing sets being changed literally every update.
    Then just make a table for "Non Perfected" ones, that are dropping from normal content.

Too late for any of this already it seems, but they sure can't say they "couldn't", they have already changed these weapons. And they know exactly which ones we've had too, remember when they spammed out inboxes with daggers and shields and stuff after they changed enchants to sets?

I just think they had some weird pot hazed idea of making VMA/VDSA "hot" again, by forcing min/max'ers to regrind these arenas. At the same time they are concerned about "power creep", giving even stronger VMA/VDSA weapons to like EVERYONE with two thumbs. Great strategy! :smiley:
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should have been done. Mainly because of the RNG regarding drops. This whole business of "earning it" and referring to "the old model" is nonsense. Pretend in that example that everyone paid x amount for the car but it was random whether you received a Mercedes, a Honda, or a ten year old VW Beetle. And some people had to pay a thousand times before they finally received the Mercedes.

Introducing some kind of token system would have been the right thing to do if they wanted to make people re-run it.

It is not as much about earning it again as the fact that you could NEVER AGAIN get the gear no matter how much you try. I still don't have my BSW flame staff and I have never seen either a vMA lightning staff or bow drop.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    Raise the gear cap next time
    Edited by kyle.wilson on May 27, 2020 11:38AM
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the reasons I see for upgrading them boils down to "I had to work super hard for this thing, why shouldn't everyone else?" and I just can't get behind that. Things change and the game moves forward. My reward for doing vMA was having a good weapon for years that most people did not have. I am OK with raising the floor. I earned a veteran weapon, not a perfected one.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the reasons I see for upgrading them boils down to "I had to work super hard for this thing, why shouldn't everyone else?" and I just can't get behind that. Things change and the game moves forward. My reward for doing vMA was having a good weapon for years that most people did not have. I am OK with raising the floor. I earned a veteran weapon, not a perfected one.

No you didn't. You earned a normal weapon. You completed veteran content for a normal reward.

To be straight, I don't care that others can get maelstrom weapons from normal content. That isn't my issue, whatever challenge or lack of it involved for anyone else to get theirs from the content they choose. But I did have a veteran weapon, at least I was allowed to pretend I did. I don't have any of them -- I have a chest full of normal rewards for veteran content that has undergone no change to the criteria to earn them.

Had they simply cloned the existing items for the normal version and updated the ids for the veteran weapons to perfected, or otherwise added a new stage or a hard mode to earn perfected, wouldn't have been an issue and the latter choice would even have been an incentive to re-run. There were multiple please everyone solutions here, they didn't need to put one group of players before the other, or have any negative feedback whatsoever -- had they the foresight to recognise this and the willingness to receive feedback from the outset.
    Edited by mairwen85 on May 27, 2020 12:42PM
  • Lastdragonborn92
    Lastdragonborn92
    ✭✭✭
    I know its late after the patch dropped. Let's be realistic they won't do it. This was posted on PTS days ago nobody cared. Nobody cares about your time spent on vMA because in the end of the day they gain extra hours of game play by those end game players meaning that they win anyway. I logged in yesterday after the endless amount of time waiting to log in.i realized that i had to get back to vMA to be meta again. Perhaps the change is minimal but i find it disrespectful for those who spent hours on vMA /vDSA with that horrible rng. A few weeks ago I found out that vMA weapons and vDSA weapons were being reworked and i hoped that they would have the common sense to upgrade it for everyone who had it to start with. Unfortunately they won't since its convenient for them. I got all the statuses of ESO ever released and 3.7k hours put into it.I got 66 vMA (non perfected)weapons a few dozen vDSA weapons and my will to go back is rightfully in-existent since this is a late April fools joke.
    Edited by Lastdragonborn92 on May 27, 2020 12:27PM
  • maxchaos92
    maxchaos92
    ✭✭
    I won't go there,I don't have eso plus and can't go back to maelstrom Arena, so this Is a good joke to buy the dlc or eso plus for farm again that weapons? No,I already stopped playing when no One need
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vets are bored and dont care any longer for perfected gear.

Noobs can farm them on normal and pretend to be bored vets. It just works. Or ...

... whenever one tells you they got an old non-perfected weapon and are just too bitter or bored to run vet again, ask for the achievement link. B)
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all!

-Greg-

Ask please Brian Wheeler when he's going to excuse and upgrade our weapons!
    wtf is going on? Why any feedback with explanation why players should repeat X times old content and spend money to retrait and upgrade arena weapons in the same bugged and boring old content?????
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on May 28, 2020 10:03AM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    They should, but they won't and the last word has unfortunately already been spoken on the matter.
    Hey all,

We recognize that this was a sensitive topic during the PTS, as we did read all of your feedback. We should have offered you a more official answer on our stance, and we do apologize for failing to do so. That's on us.

The stance that Rich stated is accurate: we want all players to earn the new Perfected Master Maelstrom Weapons through gameplay, regardless of their previous progress.

We are closing this thread now, as it has devolved into bashing. It's okay to not like or disagree with our decision - please remember that even then, we do expect everyone to remain constructive and respectful while on our forums at all times.

If that's how they want to play it, so be it.

They aint seeing 1 single penny from me ever again.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom WHY "regardless of their previous progress"?
    Who decided this?
    What was argument to force each player to do this?
    We spend XXXXXXXXXXXXXX hours to collect them...WHY?

Can someone of u to stop hiding the head in sand? Answer please.
    It's not sensitive topic, it's reasonable question. Just watch poll results. 202 votes are enouch representative.
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on May 28, 2020 10:11AM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    They should, but they won't and the last word has unfortunately already been spoken on the matter.
    Hey all,

We recognize that this was a sensitive topic during the PTS, as we did read all of your feedback. We should have offered you a more official answer on our stance, and we do apologize for failing to do so. That's on us.

The stance that Rich stated is accurate: we want all players to earn the new Perfected Master Maelstrom Weapons through gameplay, regardless of their previous progress.

We are closing this thread now, as it has devolved into bashing. It's okay to not like or disagree with our decision - please remember that even then, we do expect everyone to remain constructive and respectful while on our forums at all times.

So they basically apologised for not saying "no shut up and go away" as clearly as possible? Thats kinda how that response comes off lol
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my relic weapon on my Bard today on FF14. That was a fun way to earn content, and they gave us 2020 content too, to match the new items. Not planning on going back to vMA when ESO runs this way (terrible performance) and when the dev response was they just wanted to make perfected just because. So next patch what's stopping them from putting super perfected vMA weapons and handing out perfected vMA weapons in normal arena? They're unpredictable and want to waste longtime players' time / effort / gold materials after farming. They could've introduced cp170 gear and added a new difficulty for vMA or something, instead of recycling the same content for no reason. They didn't even give us tickets or tokens, just some have fun with the RNG farm type of reaction. The cherry on top is the Twitch bans and deleted comments on their livestreams whenever people talked about vMA, performance, Cyroiil, lag, servers, etc. Okay, if they don't want to communicate the whys and hows on changes nobody asked for, then that's fine. I went back and spent a few hundred on microtransactions on another MMO today because I realized how nice it is to have a game that works properly with devs that communicate consistently & respect their playerbase. As much as I want to love ESO, and I already had low expectations when I came back, the server quality keeps lowering & the little surprises like vMA + other nerfs make me realize ESO is best for casual play. I can be a free to play player and just do overland quests every couple months if they don't want to support pvp, can't improve performance, can't put out more than one laggy trial a year, and they keep changing sets we already farmed.
This discussion has been closed.