The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should our pre-Greymoor vet Maelstrom and vet Dragonst weapons to be upgraded for perfected ones?

JusticeSouldier
JusticeSouldier
✭✭✭✭
Guys, please lets up this thing.
It's very important to show our reaction to this disrespect to all our lifetime spent for this in the past for this boring content.
We got arena weapons form veteran arenas. Same as now needed for perfected weapons.
Bugs, lags + absolutly terrible random and farm of transmute crystals to get a right freaking trait on weapons on the top...

Dam @ZOS_BrianWheeler HOW??? WHY? REASONS???????
Edited by JusticeSouldier on May 26, 2020 8:41PM
all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.

Should our pre-Greymoor vet Maelstrom and vet Dragonst weapons to be upgraded for perfected ones? 362 votes

Yes. We spent hundrets hours in both VETERAN arena!
70%
TryonisSeadleALeoCat_ESOsilvereyesPdoherty4637_ESOGalenSuddwrathStxKesstrylkennethkatalnalimoleb14_ESOxaraanKalikiSchattenfluegelsantomitob16_ESOIruil_ESOLeglessUKVriendaElara_NorthwindNeillMcAttack 257 votes
No. (Write in co0mment please why?)
27%
BlueRavenAuoraJoy_DivisionItsMeToodaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOSteveCampsOutTerion_FyrDracaneNemesis7884JD2013Stealthk80aubrey.baconb16_ESOKhenarthilord_dalthomas1970b16_ESOGroufLADYKiLLERanitajoneb17_ESOidkkrseb17_ESO 98 votes
What is Maelstrom and Dragonstar?
1%
AtreidusJerklingTyharStarlocktomofhyruleElvenOverlordKaGaOri 7 votes
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Usually metatweaks make you shift your gear so you run content b for gear B after you ran content a for gear A.

The latest clou is to make people run content a after content a to get gear A' after gear A.

Smart, huh?
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    What is Maelstrom and Dragonstar?
    What is this anyways please.. almost 430 now.. no clue .-.
  • iEvilJunk
    iEvilJunk
    ✭✭
    The answer is NO
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't care less now really. Meaningless changes to stuff like vas inferno, petty bonuses on arena weaps, zero communication, performance tanks, no fixes and ignored feedback.

Hell yeah for Indiana Jones chapter, gotta pump that dps (dig per second)
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already said it ain’t gonna happen, with the worst customer service response ever.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's pretty clear that a large majority of individuals aren't keen on repeating content and wasting their time and resources but dev has been pretty clear that, if you're in control, blocking your ears with both hands and screaming "LALALALA LALALALA" means no 4ever.

Very unsatisfied with the content but mostly the attitude.

The initial response of the community may not have helped but still, not listening just makes it worst...

And yeah, I can't look at him and trust that he is competent anymore both from a PR standpoint and on a technical level.
  • GeorgeYung
    GeorgeYung
    ✭✭
    The thing is our Maelstrom Weapons were not changed, we simply received a new item type in MA and the loot-table was changed. I know the MA weapons were nerfd once from a similar state, but that was a nerf and not an introduction of a new set.

Yes technically the perfected VMA weapons can be considered a new set.

Look at the bright side, it will pump some blood to the economy, as everyone will gold a few weapons out.

Honestly I was happy about this change, I know I'll make some gold and finally have some reason again to try to reach some High score. Motivation is appreciated ;)
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I put hours in the first time I did vMA, that moment of pride when I beat it was amazing, not to mention the hours of time I spent farming it for the weapons I needed, only to be told that all someone has to do, is do it on normal and they have the staff I put hours of work into getting.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    So because there are newer, more powerful weapon versions in Vma, the older ( still great but not the best anymore) weapons people farmed for in Vma in the past should automatically be upgraded to the newer more powerful (bestest) weapons?
    no.
    What maybe they could do is offer a trade-in for a set amount of gold to upgrade your old Vma weapon to a perfected one, but i think that would open up a whole can o worms in itself...

• Foefaller
    Foefaller
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously answer is yes.

...but, I wonder if the reason is more technical than any ulterior motive. Some hurdle that would make it too risky or cumbersome.

...or they're embarrssed to admit that noone had the idea of changing the current Maelstrom and Dragonstar sets into the perfected set bonuses and making "new" sets for the original bonuses until it was too far along in implementing to go with that.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG give it up already.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bored with the whinning now
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old was
    Vet = Weapon
    Norm = Nothing

New
    Vet = Perfect weapon
    Norm = Weapon

You did the content on vet, you deserve a vet prize.

If they are doing this purely for clean tables, they should make 3 tables
    1) Perfect weapon (New)
    2) Non perfect weapon (New)
    3) Old Weapon* buffed to the same stats as Perfect because the old weapon would only drop in Vet.

Then have a system that when you go to MA, you can talk to the trader and convert your 3) for a 1).

I thought ZOS was joking when they said this, and the community response was clear, there is no reason for them to f'over their vet players like this other than it gives them a bit of joy.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeorgeYung wrote: »
    The thing is our Maelstrom Weapons were not changed, we simply received a new item type in MA and the loot-table was changed. I know the MA weapons were nerfd once from a similar state, but that was a nerf and not an introduction of a new set.

Look at the bright side, it will pump some blood to the economy, as everyone will gold a few weapons out.

Honestly I was happy about this change, I know I'll make some gold and finally have some reason again to try to reach some High score. Motivation is appreciated ;)

Our items are the same but adding a bonus is the same as increasing the level cap on gear they only did it for first 2 arena weapons. I guess you're gonna say something like "then we should e thankful they increased the level cap on those weapons only" to which I would answer that they made a point out of the "we won't increase gear level cap".

It's a waste of time and ressources and it's again the ones with the most characters that lose the most...

Edit: I hope you can understand that introducing new stronger weapons is equivalent to increasing gear level. And if you think the bonus is not high enough to make it as significant as increasing gear level, craft a CP 150 jerkin and a cp 160 jerkin with same traits etc.
    Edited by CleymenZero on May 26, 2020 9:25PM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This horse's death was swift, violent and greatly entertaining for our Demiprince
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think all you people that spent the many hours deserve this! I could not do it or dedicate myself to doing it!

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There were many sad decisions during these years in the game. Even in this update, there are lot of other things I dislike. But changes to Maelstrom and Dragonstar weapons - it was the ultimate spit to the face of veteran players :/

It's especially hilarious to see that, for example, Perfected Master staff gets magic stat back. It already had magic stat on it long time before... But of course it was nerfed back then :D And now it's getting magic bonus back, but you have to refarm it! :smiley:

And all weapons which only experienced veterans could have, can now be earned by doing some normal leveling content (normal arenas). This is hilarious.
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    No is the simple answer.

When I bought my GSXR750 new and they bring out an updated version the following year am I entitled to the newer model? No.

So why should you get a free updated version? Just because you spent hours grinding, I spent hours working long hours to buy that bike doesn't entitle me to a free updated model does it.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If not, there had better be some bug fixes because vMA performance is a meme and getting hit with a DoT 100x with a tick 10x your hp bar instantly without it even ticking once is plain stupid.

Complete RNG, and RNG weapons. I didn't think the artificial difficulty could get worse in the game, but man, the performance and bugs are an added layer that might just be intentional at this point.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    what_the wrote: »
    So because there are newer, more powerful weapon versions in Vma, the older ( still great but not the best anymore) weapons people farmed for in Vma in the past should automatically be upgraded to the newer more powerful (bestest) weapons?
    no.
    What maybe they could do is offer a trade-in for a set amount of gold to upgrade your old Vma weapon to a perfected one, but i think that would open up a whole can o worms in itself...

Actually second property of MA and DSA weapons was removed near Clockwork patch... from all weapons obtained in veteran content.
    Content is the same.
    but now here we go back with second property...but our weapons, which were downgraded in clockwork...are not upgraded back now...
    don't u think it's wrong dude?
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on May 26, 2020 10:27PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heh
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldartar wrote: »
    No is the simple answer.

When I bought my GSXR750 new and they bring out an updated version the following year am I entitled to the newer model? No.

So why should you get a free updated version? Just because you spent hours grinding, I spent hours working long hours to buy that bike doesn't entitle me to a free updated model does it.

Where is the updated arena?
    Edited by Matchimus on May 26, 2020 10:10PM
  • GeorgeYung
    GeorgeYung
    ✭✭

Our items are the same but adding a bonus is the same as increasing the level cap on gear they only did it for first 2 arena weapons. I guess you're gonna say something like "then we should e thankful they increased the level cap on those weapons only" to which I would answer that they made a point out of the "we won't increase gear level cap".

It's a waste of time and ressources and it's again the ones with the most characters that lose the most...

Edit: I hope you can understand that introducing new stronger weapons is equivalent to increasing gear level. And if you think the bonus is not high enough to make it as significant as increasing gear level, craft a CP 150 jerkin and a cp 160 jerkin with same traits etc.

No man I simply repeat that yesterday we had one set to farm from MA, now we have 2 :smile:
    I don't want to go into the level cap line you just picked up, seems like an endless trip and I was not even talking about that.

And again you did not loose anything, you just got some reason to revisit VMA in the form of a new set. You do whatever you want to do with that.
    This makes me remember the time when I farmed out my defending restoration staff of the Lich. That required some dedication :smile: However I did not feel any loss when they introduced the transmute system later, I felt OMG finally! :wink:

There is just a long list of things we can get frustrated about, save your rage for the good cause :blush:
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    And again you did not loose anything

We lost it before. Arena weapons had second property before Clockwork.
    That they removed them, but Asylum weapons got perfected and normal variations.
    And they made there every set weapon to have 2 properties except our arena weapons...

Now, our weapons stayed the same as after nerf.
    But "new" perfected ones require same actions as we done fto get nerfed ones...
    it's unfair and completly irresponcible.

I don't want to invest my time for something which can be same downgraded without any reason.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno where is your reaction?
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No man I simply repeat that yesterday we had one set to farm from MA, now we have 2 :smile:
    I don't want to go into the level cap line you just picked up, seems like an endless trip and I was not even talking about that.

And again you did not loose anything, you just got some reason to revisit VMA in the form of a new set. You do whatever you want to do with that.
    This makes me remember the time when I farmed out my defending restoration staff of the Lich. That required some dedication :smile: However I did not feel any loss when they introduced the transmute system later, I felt OMG finally! :wink:

There is just a long list of things we can get frustrated about, save your rage for the good cause :blush:

Nobody needs a reason to go in vMA, you go when you feel like it at your own leisure. I got Flawless conqueror on every class... I got TONS of weapons already golded out. Yes we lose, we lose a lot of our time that could be spent on other things like the antiquities system etc.

And don't get into the gear cap increase cause you can't argue that out guaranteed.

There's no reason not to upgrade the weapons absolutely no reason. It just couldn't be justified.

And let's face it, the "no" is the minority so expecting this issue to just vanish is just foolish.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I'm happy to debate for hours... You enter a 5 minutes load screen every time you change zones...
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't want to invest my time for something which can be same downgraded without any reason.

If it's not worth your time then you can't want it that much

• mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voted yes, but it's a pointless poll as no action will be taken, the decision was final and now people have already been farming normal for their drops, there is no way to distinguish from which content it came -- the window for this to be possible has passed, it will not happen.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should, but they won't and the last word has unfortunately already been spoken on the matter.
    Hey all,

We recognize that this was a sensitive topic during the PTS, as we did read all of your feedback. We should have offered you a more official answer on our stance, and we do apologize for failing to do so. That's on us.

The stance that Rich stated is accurate: we want all players to earn the new Perfected Master Maelstrom Weapons through gameplay, regardless of their previous progress.

We are closing this thread now, as it has devolved into bashing. It's okay to not like or disagree with our decision - please remember that even then, we do expect everyone to remain constructive and respectful while on our forums at all times.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
This discussion has been closed.