The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do not understand why stat points are the way the are for me at the moment.

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
I am puzzled here. I have a levelish 240ish Altmer with about 30 000 magika, 17 000 health and 1000ish stamina. Or something like that. I thought I would try a Dunmer and when he started at level one his stamina was at 17 000 is give or take a thousand. So I thought to myself instead of starting all over again being a mage, why not use my race change token I had.

So I changed my Altmer to a Dunmer, and I even wiped all the skills and attribute points and I still have around 1000ish stamina.

I just don't get it. Even when I changed from Altmer to Dunmer I have lower stamina than the level one Dunmer.

Has something changed since my Altmer is like 3 or 4 years old? Starting a new character has higher stats at level one? Can someone please explain what I am not understanding and why.
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A new character's stats are battle leveled to Cp160 essentially, and as they level up and actually get stat points and stuff to actually increase those that, those starting stats get lower and lower. It's why you start with like 22k health or something but by the time you hit CP160 it's down to like 10-11k if you haven't invested any of your Attribute Points from leveling up into it.

You shouldn't have only 1k Stam tho, you'd have more like 10k roughly if you hadn't put any points into Stam as you level. Are you sure you aren't getting your max Stam confused with your Stam regen?
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low level characters have higher recource pools from a lowbie "buff" thats get weaker as you level up and aquire skills, passives, and attributes.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Battle scaling will always artificially inflate your stats to scale you "up" to cp160. This battle scaling bonus diminishes with each level you gain until you hit level 50 and then the scaling is removed entirely.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low level characters have higher recource pools from a lowbie "buff" thats get weaker as you level up and aquire skills, passives, and attributes.

Yup, it's exactly this. It creates a very strange progression as you move through levels. To be honest, I rather miss how it was before One Tamriel.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reply @Arunei . Yeah I am not confusing the stam regen. :) OH CP 160, I totally forgot about that. So my stats decrease as I actually get to CP160. AH, was wondering why it seemed my low level characters was easier to play.

Thanks to the others who replied as I am typing. Going to see what you said when I hit send.

*edit*

Thank you @Nord_Raseri and @heaven13 . So use to other games I was playing that you get stronger when you level up, instead of actually getting weaker.
    Edited by Davor on May 24, 2020 7:13PM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you mean 10k Stam in your OP and not 1k? That'd be super weird if you only have 1k Stam, as such a low number shouldn't be possible to have (not without a lot of debuffs at least, and even then I wouldn't think it could go that low, and the debuffs would affect your regen rather than your max Stam).
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    So use to other games I was playing that you get stronger when you level up, instead of actually getting weaker.

The buff does get weaker but you start getting access to more skills and passives that you don't have access to at low level. Also as you get more CP your recources will start to go up a little
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will actually get "weaker" as you level up from 1-50 (and CP1-160) stats-wise because the higher your level gets, the lower the "lowbie-buff" is, and your gear does not keep up unless you actively change your gear every level or two.

I kinda sucks I know. But if you think about it, it isn't any different from other MMOs with no level scaling, where you need better gear to go to harder maps, but in ESO's case, every map becomes harder.
    Edited by HowlKimchi on May 24, 2020 7:25PM
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The health debuff is the one that hurts the most. It’s forces you into using bi stat food. You are forced into slotting certain skills to heal or mitigate damage. Nothing worse than food running out halfway through a boss battle when you are DPS and suddenly lay your HP drops from 18K to 10K. Even your healer might not be able to save you if that happens.