Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

How soon until we can buy a private riding trainer?

thissocalledflower
thissocalledflower
✭✭✭
Like how is this not a thing already?
After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    oops wrong forum... sorry. meant to post in general for discussion?
    After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Your thread has been moved :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its called Crown Store Riding Lessons.

Its also not a thing because ZOS wants players coming into towns, hence why we also can't have a private merchant that repairs armor and a private banker with access to our guild stores.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 30, 2020 3:42PM
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its also not a thing because ZOS wants players coming into towns, hence why we also can't have a private merchant that repairs armor and a private banker with access to our guild stores.

I mean, it IS the answer, but it's such a trash reason to inconvenience people. Players will still go to town - where else would they duel and idle on their flashy mounts?
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    Your thread has been moved :)

Well ok. But tell me please, like you did... elsewise i think i am nuttier than i really am (scary scary that).
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    BUT having a private trainer that you can train on once a day ISNT the same thing as buying lessons in the crown store.... they are not equivalent...
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will probably come right after writ boards and turn-in crates for your home. 😁
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    It will probably come right after writ boards and turn-in crates for your home. 😁

I think you meant to say the officially recognized and zos approved guiild hall
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you meant to say the officially recognized and zos approved guiild hall

Actually, I think the writ boards are between the guild hall and the stable master.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno. It may actually be a thing. The Steadfast Stablemaster Bundle was datamined over at https://elderscrolls.net/2020/04/20/33011-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-obnovlenie-6-0-0/

aw_crwn_starterpack_bundle_steadfaststablemaster_1x1.jpg

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUT having a private trainer that you can train on once a day ISNT the same thing as buying lessons in the crown store.... they are not equivalent...

What's wrong with logging your character out by the Stablemaster, @thissocalledflower?

Is that too impersonal?
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will happen the day after lag is completely fixed...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »

I mean, it IS the answer, but it's such a trash reason to inconvenience people. Players will still go to town - where else would they duel and idle on their flashy mounts?

If I could everything in my house, I'd never go to most towns again precisely because of duelists. I'd only go to like Craglorn because of the pickup groups.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really understand why so many are afraid to let people have QoL features in their homes. I understand that towns will empty out, but they already do that as most people who have their characters live in one town so it tends to congregate the lag in one area.

I would love to see more QoL npcs/boards added to housing so that homes would actually become useful while not forcing players who don't want housing to engage with the content.

As for the mount trainer, it seems like it would have limited function for a personal home but might be a nice feature for guilds.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Lenox
    Lenox
    ✭✭
    I dunno. It may actually be a thing. The Steadfast Stablemaster Bundle was datamined over at https://elderscrolls.net/2020/04/20/33011-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-obnovlenie-6-0-0/

aw_crwn_starterpack_bundle_steadfaststablemaster_1x1.jpg

Seems VoodooPlatypus was correct.
    Nord TankCro
    Redguard StamCro
    Orc StamKnight
    Khajiit MagBlade
    Argonian HealPlar
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that sort of addition is never made. New players are deterred by empty cities. However, if enough people complain they don't have it then ZOS will monetise it and then all those who asked for it can complain that they have it but not how they wanted it.
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't think main reason people visit towns is their daily horse training. It is mostly because of; guild traders, LFM to their dungeon-trial runs, resetting their skills, undaunted stuff even though they are just outside the cities and dueling at the wayshrine.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say that it would be nice to have. I've created mules where they just log in for a few minutes and log out, and have thought "oh it would be nice to 'live' in my house... oh, right." Trust me, they aren't adding to the town population for more than a few minutes.

I actually think that because of the riding lessons, we might as well get a trainer.

Also I'm not going to travel to my house just to do feed horses if I need to do the regular banking/posting needs so it doesn't really hurt there either.

If this gets released I would consider acquiring it.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.