Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

GMs getting social banned for no reason

• Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certain segments of the interface were simply not designed to be as useful or functional as they actually need to be.

The mail system needs an overhaul, ripped out by the roots and written anew. It needs a way to run alongside game action, so that you can receive a needed item while in combat, because sometimes it takes forever for the game to accept you aren’t actually in any sort of battle. It needs a mail categorization/priority system to differentiate between guild based mails and friend based mails and system/trading/random based mails. Having that would cover the recipient half of the needed function on the guild side to be able to send a message to multiple people, by rank or by check marking them in a roster list. It needs a reply function, fer chrissakes!
    Xbox NA
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, just to report that the same thing happened to me. But the funny thing is, I never used mail tools because I don't have any guild to manage. I have a very small guild of 15 close friends, but never used any email tool nor sent any email to them. Still, I got social banned for no apparent reason. Or, at least, nothing that I'm aware of. I've opened a support ticket, still waiting for their investigation...
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    I finally figured that I was buying too many motifs in too short a period of time
    Ahhhh reading now the whole thread, so that's the reason why I got social banned. Since it was the last day of the event, and I made almost 3 millions during this event (doing writs dailies on 18 alts every day, 108 boxes per day, tons of motifs to sell), at the end of the event I went shopping like crazy and I bought an insane amount of missing motifs alltogheter. Wasn't aware that I could trigger a fuse, anyway it is a wrong fuse because I was doing something totally legit.
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reviving this post to throw my own issues in, randomly received a social ban, presumably for sending out mails this morning about a change is requirements "/ wth
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at my Seaveil Spire

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Leyawiin, Blackwood)
    ~ Daedric Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in random front row spots across Tamriel)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BansheeVT The one thing i've learned with ESO support is that you have to treat them like remember that they have absolutely no understanding of the game.

Fixed it for you.

Their job is to troubleshoot complaints and deal with issues according to various templates; gaming companies do not pay their employees to play (and understand) the games.

Edited by newtinmpls on April 26, 2020 10:39PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to jump on this topic so late, but I wanted to add in that when it comes to mass e-mail, the automated social bans could also be a result of suspicious copy within the e-mail.

For instance, I got my social ban when Psijic Ambrosia debuted because I put "power-level" in the Raffle mail lol. Oops!
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got hit with a social ban a couple of years ago because the mail addon I was using would often stop working. After that I removed any addons that send out mail to people on a list just to be safe. The systems in place do need to be updated to handle such addons but really, you could just use guild chat or the guild home tab if you're mailing for a guild. I would delete nearly every single guild wide mail I got and I suspect my guildies did the same to me most of the time.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it is worth pinging admin like @ZOS_GinaBruno to look into this, because right now my 3 guilds are essentially crippled "/ and it seems impossible to speak to anybody about this?!
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at my Seaveil Spire

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Leyawiin, Blackwood)
    ~ Daedric Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in random front row spots across Tamriel)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • LeandraC
    LeandraC
    ✭✭
    Soo... this is still happening.
    I got social banned yesterday and did nothing that could have provoked it other than sending out guild mails. I've been playing ping-pong with the support for a whole day now and still didn't get any help.

It sucks that GMs get punished this way for trying to socialize with and inform their community. What about my trader bids? Not being able to get a trader just because I got a false automatic ban would suck, not only for my guild but for my whole community. I also cannot respond to any of my members whispers, cannot do any events because I cannot write into group chat and obviously also cannot trade or make any gold for my trading guild because I cannot access any guild trader or guild bank.

If anyone could help I'd very much appreciate it. Ticket number is 210923-002385
    @Leandra.C - GM of 'Valinor Vendors' and officer for 'Valinor Traders', 'Valinor Overflow' and 'Valinor Merchants'

The Valinor Trading Union:
    Valinor Traders: Vivec, 500k+ sales, <250k sales = 25k fee, <100k sales = kick
    Valinor Overflow: Vivec back row, 150k min sales OR 15k donation
    Valinor Merchants: Elden Root, 50k sales OR 10k donation
    Valinor Apprentices: Wayrest, 25k sales OR 8k donation
    Stendarr's Merchantry: Alinor, 10k sales OR 5k donation
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @LeandraC. We wanted to follow up with our response there.

We are not able to discuss or assist with in-game disciplinary actions on our forums as stated in our rules. That combined with this being an old thread for a different circumstance, we have decided to go ahead and close this discussion.

If you have questions or concerns about an in-game disciplinary action, please contact help.elderscrollsonline.com to ask about a suspension or ban, and any other support-related feedback.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on September 24, 2021 3:25PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.