Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Should Zos make NPC Steward system ?

lelink88
lelink88
✭✭✭
I love ESO housing system. However I still feel missing something. A warm of NPC. It will be great if Zos let us do some reputation system, gain some NPC loyalty through quest line, dungeon and trial, then we can have some of them serve inside our house as loyalty friend.

Try to immage if we have a retire warrior guarding our treasure. a smuggler cooking inside our kitchen, a mage to take care our library. All of them have a background story, and some interesting dialog to explore, not just souless NPC we can buy from crowstore.

Then the most importain thing is that, Zos can make more money by letting us buy outfit for our servant, and encourage player to purchase big house, or encourage player to buy dlc to have loyalty from NPC who they like. It will super profitable and it will extreamly fun

What do you guy think about my opinion, if it's helpful plz help me send some word to dev team
Edited by lelink88 on April 12, 2020 4:35AM

Should Zos make NPC Steward system ? 60 votes

YES
71%
navystylz_ESOGilvothvailjohn_ESOElekestlordspyderjotto32b14_ESOScardyFoxIluvrienSilverwillowlelink88MayraelUniverseHu-RikanKuro_UrufuLadyNalcarya0lbertikusXDark_One13nk125xBRCOURTNmax_only 43 votes
NO
16%
idkKnightpantherpod88kkTheValar85barney2525oXI_Viper_IXoM_VolsungSphinxmothOzbybmnoble 10 votes
OTHER
11%
DaveMoeDeeMalmaiTyharKiralyn2000Zulera301SylvermynxWandering_Immigrant 7 votes
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    Just make NPC bartenders, cooks, cleaners, whatever available in the crown shop to go into your collections

I don't need some complex reputation earning system.

IMHO

:#
    Options
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Just make NPC bartenders, cooks, cleaners, whatever available in the crown shop to go into your collections

IMHO

Complex systems give a game depth. Just look at EVE
    Options
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Dont distract them, they need to fix the game before anymore harebrained schemes.

Be Safe
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IMHO

Reputation could be fun for some special NPC's, however the basics I think I agree they should just sell them. ZOS gets more new things to sell, players get those NPC's at last.

BRCOURTN wrote: »

IMHO

Complex systems give a game depth. Just look at EVE
    As someone who played it for ten years, complex systems also were circumvented every time we got a chance and often were terrible and annoying. :joy:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Damn i dont like reputations if i want to grind reputaions i go back and play with WoW again you can basicly farm reputations endlesly...

this game dont need that system at all.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Once again. Let us place our characters, dress them up, bind some emotions in loop to them and there you go. You have advanced system allowing for thousands of customisation options.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I just wish we load other characters from our houses
    Options
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply have options that include a combination of reputation grind and crown store purchase. Game play earned NPCs of course would be essentially free and crown store NPC versions for those that do not wish to grind it out. They would be house only NPCs so essentially cosmetic and fun for those that want them. Potential for more revenue streams and more game play.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    This can add more to the housing system.
    Housing needs a major update for a long time now, this can be a part of it.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER
    I wouldn't mind buying them through the crown store, but I am seriously unwilling to mess with rep systems any more. Cringy-grindy stuff like that annoys me no end.
    Options
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »
    I just wish we load other characters from our houses

Yeah me too, and be able to swap gear directly with them. Would save a heap of time on inventory management.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER
    More placeable NPCs, like the current Assistants but decorative (like the various ones in SWtOR), would be nice.

Making it some sort of complex system (even if just trying to path them to walk around) is just asking for trouble, though.
    Options
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    lelink88 wrote: »
    I love ESO housing system. However I still feel missing something. A warm of NPC. It will be great if Zos let us do some reputation system, gain some NPC loyalty through quest line, dungeon and trial, then we can have some of them serve inside our house as loyalty friend.

Try to immage if we have a retire warrior guarding our treasure. a smuggler cooking inside our kitchen, a mage to take care our library. All of them have a background story, and some interesting dialog to explore, not just souless NPC we can buy from crowstore.

Then the most importain thing is that, Zos can make more money by letting us buy outfit for our servant, and encourage player to purchase big house, or encourage player to buy dlc to have loyalty from NPC who they like. It will super profitable and it will extreamly fun

What do you guy think about my opinion, if it's helpful plz help me send some word to dev team

Was just thinking earlier, that with all the new changes ZOS added to ESO over the years, i'm surprised there isn't some kind of companion or steward system yet. And was wondering if that was something we might be able to look forward to in another chapter. Also some new "cattle" to place in homes for the vampires out there ;)
    Edited by navystylz_ESO on April 12, 2020 6:22PM
    Options
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    OTHER
    I would much prefer if we could place our alts into houses. Even better if we could access their inventory by interacting with them, but I don't see that last part as feasible since it would mean the game would have preload a bunch of alts Everytime someone entered their home which would be a lot of stress on the server. But I would think simply having a shell of you character's appearances could be doable.

Being able to swap characters by interacting with them would be cool too, and also could be doable since it again wouldn't require any preloading beyond their appearance. You would of course have a long loading screen during the swap since it would have to fully log out your current character and then log into the new one, but that would be fine with me.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OTHER
    I have zero interest in housing and prefer attention spent elsewhere, but I am not against adding systems for housing people now and then.
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Additionally, I'd like a version of this system where we can design our own NPC's using the character creator and motifs so that we can include characters in our homes that we invent ourselves, but do not necessarily wish to play.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER
    They need to do performance steward...
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    We already earn rep with some small factions like Ashlanders, so I don’t see why not.

I just want some liveliness in our homes, so yes to whatever idea.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    She should be a nord woman named Lydia. She loves to run in front of you, and then dead stop in doorways. But her heart is pure.
    Options
  • Elekest
    Elekest
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    I like this idea, they could take it a bit further even. Earn enough loyalty with certain NPC's and make them available for marriage sorta like in Skyrim.

OR, something completely different, I haven't seen this in a game before, but why not offer the players the option to place your OWN CHARACTERS in your home as "NPC's" when you're not playing them? Give them some of the functionality of normal NPC's and even be able to interact with them in your house. Might be kinda cool. :smile:
    Founder & Guild Master of the Mystic Wolves
    Member of the Royal Bank of Tamriel guild

Characters

Tabaqui AD NB, LVL50+
    Milosh DC SORC, LVL50+
    Jinora AD TEMP, LVL50+
    Options
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTHER
    Other. I just want the option of putting our alts in our houses. Let us outfit (or costume) our alts so we can show them off to people the same way people (yes, myself included) like to show off our houses. We worked hard to unlock those styles and motifs and dyes, etc. Let us show them off without having to suffer through a million age-long load screens.

they don't even have to do anything beyond stand there posed like Tythis or Nuzhimeh. but let us have 'em.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
    Options