Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Do you do achievements that don't give you anything?

JJMaxx1980
JJMaxx1980
✭✭✭✭
So last night me and some guildies went into Veteran Unhallowed Grave to do the 'Relentless Dogcatcher' achievement, which is to defeat Hakgrym the Howler without defeating any of his Flesh Abominations. We did it with three tanks and a DPS. It was super fun and felt like a mini hard mode. However, no one knows we did it, it doesn't give anything like titles, or skins but it was a lot of fun and very rewarding when we completed it.

Do you do obscure achievements that most people pass over due to their unique challenge?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, when I feel like it... after all, a lot of achievements don't give anything, but some are still fun to chase... be it finding the last miniboss in a public dungeon or getting indecently exposed by a guard "fer da lulz"... its something to have fun on occasion, otherwise the game would feel more like a chore then a relaxing stroll away from real life!
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Achievements give achievement points. ;) That said, I usually do those that are a challenge because it's fun. Everything else happens over time. Except fishing, that's just too mind numbing.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do almost all of the ones I can achieve. I did a lot after I had cleared all the content the game had with my Nightblade, however now with the Necromancer it will be a while until then.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes just for the fun of it. Like the Ceramic Panic achievement and beating the menagerie in Fang Lair on vet without a single group member death. If anyone asks whether I've done it or not I just link the achievement in chat, but most of the time I chase after achievements that give me costumes and dyes. Can never have enough of those....
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont bother with achievements. why would i? nobody cares what i do in the game but some people are obsessed by them in heavy form.
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Achievements are one thing in this game I couldn't care less about.
    Options
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, but I prefer those that give titles/colors.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    Options
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame there aren't any achievements for soloing the soloable group content, especially the very tricky almost nonsoloable challenges (such as Blackheart Haven for example) - I really like soloing that kind of "nonsoloable" content just for the accomplishment.

But as for the actual in-game achievements - nah, unless it's something tied to map completion, dyes or titles, or because it's something unusual/fun (roughly along the lines of what OP described).

And then there are many other achievements which are quite pointless to specifically aim for, those are just something that happens eventually in normal gameplay. Such as the PvP "kill 100 Sorcs/DKs/Templars/..." series of achievements.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time I don't bother about achievements at all, I focus on completing quests and fully exploring each map as I come to it, and doing anything else which interests me along the way (like opening treasure chests or collecting materials). Of course in the process I will end up completing a lot of achievements, both ones which give rewards and ones which don't.

Other than that I'll do achievements if they interest me, either because of the reward or because of what's involved. My priority with this game is to have fun playing it, so it doesn't matter to me if other people know I did the achievement, or even if I got a tangible reward for it as long as it was interesting.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel that often "achievements" are a trick to get people to grind more (hence play more and with more contact time with the game, hopefully spend real money).
    They convert an activity (that someone might otherwise not like or not want to do) into something else that gives them satisfaction (an "achievement").
    It really only works best when you actually like doing the activity related to the achievement.
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Must. Do. Everything.
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do everything. Why? Because I just love the game. Trophies or achievements aren't required for the enjoyment! :)
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it's fun, I'm in. 😁
    Options
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like achievments. I try to do them whever I can. I dont do gold sink and time sink ones.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's easy. Yes. Hard or a major grind. No
    Options
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Options
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *looks at current achievement count*

YEP.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, it gives me something to do.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    not intentionally

but they happen anyway

:#
    Options
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJMaxx1980 wrote: »
    So last night me and some guildies went into Veteran Unhallowed Grave to do the 'Relentless Dogcatcher' achievement, which is to defeat Hakgrym the Howler without defeating any of his Flesh Abominations. We did it with three tanks and a DPS. It was super fun and felt like a mini hard mode. However, no one knows we did it, it doesn't give anything like titles, or skins but it was a lot of fun and very rewarding when we completed it.

Do you do obscure achievements that most people pass over due to their unique challenge?

The problem with that is the crown store and loot boxes.
    The game is monetized to spin around the store, not to give and reward the gameplay.

You have old school system where you pay the sub and get all the good stuff with achievements, some hard some easy.

And you have store based, where you swipe your plastic and roll gamble boxes or purchase motifs.
    In this system, your cool deeds anit matter.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also date people who don't give me anything

:#
    Options
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Options
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to do Strangling Cowardice from vmhk one day. I wish that one had a title though.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
    Options
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    If it's easy. Yes. Hard or a major grind. No

This ^^

B)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
    Options