Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Siroria vs False God!

IWinWithPewPew
IWinWithPewPew
✭✭✭
Hi everyone!

Yesterday i finally found all items needed for false god, BUT i'm actually pretty used to siroria...
It feels like my damage is lower with false god... and i was thinking to revert back to siroria ( magsorc)

i do see the use of false god in maelstrom arena tho.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

Yesterday i finally found all items needed for false god, BUT i'm actually pretty used to siroria...
    It feels like my damage is lower with false god... and i was thinking to revert back to siroria ( magsorc)

i do see the use of false god in maelstrom arena tho.

It depends on what you need. If your sustain without False God is good, then you don't need it.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
    Options
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it honestly depends on your group. If your healers are optimized, using sets like Master Resto, Simphony/Rkugamz, and if you're lucky Hollowfang and Worm, you will never have sustain issues, therefore False God's is kinda useless, making Siroria BiS.

False god's is excelent on fights where you will have to split from the group though, for example, if you're doing downstairs on vCR, or you have to move a lot like in vAS. I'd consider Spell Strat for single target fights too if you don't have any sustain issues with blue food.
    Edited by Nevasca on April 10, 2020 1:12PM
    Options
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it honestly depends on your group. If your healers are optimized, using sets like Master Resto, Simphony/Rkugamz, and if you're lucky Hollowfang and Worm, you will never have sustain issues, therefore False God's is kinda useless, making Siroria BiS.

False god's is excelent on fights where you will have to split from the group though, for example, if you're doing downstairs on vCR, or you have to move a lot like in vAS. I'd consider Spell Strat for single target fights too if you don't have any sustain issues with blue food.

How do you feel about Sioria on Stationary fights, and BSW on Mobile fights?
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find Siroria to be highly situational- it only gives me higher DPS than FG (though I have perfected FGD and imperfect Siroria) on completely stationary boss fights that are long enough that I can get up to and maintain the 20 stacks for a non-negligible length of time... which is basically vet Sunspire and a few of the fights in the other vet trials. Otherwise, FG always wins.

I ran nAA with a pug group last night and our group DPS was quite high, so we blasted through bosses. My DPS was actually a bit lower with Siroria than it's been in the past with FG. That could perhaps also be attributed to getting different buffs from a pug group vs. my more organized guild runs, but I also didn't have almost any time with the full 20 stacks up because the fights were over so quickly.

Switching to Zaan from Iceheart (slash anything else) is what gives me the biggest DPS increase.

In the end, I prefer FG simply because I don't have to worry about standing in that damn circle...
    Options
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I look at this from a different angle.

False Gods is going to provide better DPS than Siroria in a "mobile" fight that requires the DPS to move around a lot. This is because the damage boost it provides is not dependent on staying in a fixed position.

Siroria requires you to stay relatively still (within a small area) to enjoy maximized benefits, and with the imperfect Siroria set, I believe the break even point where Siroria passes sets like False Gods and Law of Julianos is 10-12 stacks, so you have to be able to be in a relatively "fixed" position for a time in order to get maximized benefits and if the fight causes you to move around a lot, then you simply aren't going to get the most out of Siroria. In those instances, False Gods > Siroria. However, the longer you are able to sit there and simply burn a boss by going through your rotation, the more the scales tip in favor of Siroria.
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    False God's will give you a substantial amount of sustain (cost reduction, and magicka regen when adds are around), and it has no restriction on moving around.
    If both things are not an issue - the sustain would be overkill, and you can stand in the circle for most of the time -, then Siroria has the higher ceiling.
    Options
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can keep 20 stack of siroria on movible fights, if you can do that then siroria is better
    Options
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    FG better dps output and better movement in hectic fights. The problem with any of the stacking effects ive encountered is that they fall off before firing.
    Options