Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

I'm going to keep it real. Fire light attack damage is to high. I will NOT BE A VAMPIRE

phoenixkungfu
phoenixkungfu
✭✭✭✭
I'm going to say it as long as leap hits for crazy numbers and fire light attack hits me to the point I cant keep a shield up I will not be a vampire. Fire light attack damage is way to high in pvp. Hopefully something is done because currently the damage is way to high.
Edited by phoenixkungfu on April 9, 2020 12:47AM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm going to say it as long as leap hits for crazy numbers and fire light attack hits me to the point I cant keep a shield up I will not be a vampire. Fire light attack damage is way to high in pvp. Hopefully something is done because currently the damage is way to high.

Here we go again...ANY damage is too high? In TANK META?
    Edited by JumpmanLane on April 9, 2020 12:48AM
    Options
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I got my hopes up to be a sorcerer vampire. God luck in pvp and trying to run a heavy attack build. If they are now not make changes to light attack. I WILL NOT BE A VAMPIRE. THE SPAM "WEAVE" LIGHT ATTACK DAMAGE IS WAY TO HIGH.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3vxlwj.jpg

On a more serious note, you can always stay vamp lvl 2 or 3 where fire doesn't hit as hard, it is a choice. DK that specialize in fire should have upper hand on vamps.

PS: didn't you say that stamina is too op and unbalanced? And now you are asking to nerf magicka characters light attacks? Where is the consistency...
    Edited by zvavi on April 9, 2020 12:56AM
    Options
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly on live trying to make a build work with heavy attack and vampire. And the light attack damage is way to high to be a vampire. SORCERER VAMPIRE IS NOT WORTH THE FIRE DAMAGE. LIGHT ATTACK HITS WAY TO HARD. GUESS I MISS OUT AGAIN. I honestly might not even buy the dlc
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok then don’t be a vampire. All my mag characters including sorc are vamps and I do fine. Buffs, hot’s, and shield, combined do wonders.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhhhhh..... Okay???

I mean you're talking about a damage type used by only three classes and only on their magic builds. Sure you can use a flame staff and/or enchantment but... Really? I mean werewolves get 25% poison damage while transformed and you don't see them complaining about it, and you have all those stamina builds with poison running around.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires are weak to fire of course it will hurt lol so it should and our undeath passive makes us very tanky under 50% health against anything other thn fire damage well and fighters guild skills.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on April 9, 2020 1:08AM
    Options
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Light attack fire will nuke you. Dont sit here and calm lies. I honestly put on 33k resistance full fire resistant enchant for another 9k... and I got NUKED BY LIGHT ATTACK FIRE DAMAGE. LIGHT ATTACKS HIT WAY TO HARD. YOU CANT ENJOY VAMPIRE WITH THE FIRE DAMAGE. Especially as a heavyattack build.
    Options
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be a Dunmer Vamp, and then you can literally swim in lava.

S.
    Options
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just be a Dunmer Vamp, and then you can literally swim in lava.

S.

Go on live now. Be a sorcerer and run what you said and get back to me. In pvp good luck being a vampire. Light attacks FIRE DAMAGE HITS WAY TO HARD. It's a joke that patch is about vampire and the selling point just got nerf...that finally you can be a vampire and not get blasted by light attack fire spam.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I...really don’t know what to say. My sorc is a vamp. My mag blade is a vamp, my Templar is a vamp, my mag dk is a vamp. I’m sure I get hit by inferno staff light attacks all the time. I’ve never taken notice of it. Ever. I don’t doubt OP is experiencing what they say, it just seems weird. And completely contrary to any of my experiences.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well resistance doesn't mean immunity and fire is basically lethal to the normal people not just those afflicted with a magickal disease. One can reduce the weakness. Certain racial will do it and so would cp points.

The Fire weakness balances them out basically. With Greymoor at stage four you will have a 20% weakness so in a way they are nerfing the fire weakness though stage one will have a 5% weakness.
    The Fire weakness isn't as bad as it use to be, at one time it was like 75% then 50 then they reduced it to 25% at Stage four.
    So be glad it isn't worse then it once was.

PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your once again force to play the game to meta. And meta is not being a vampire as a sorcerer.
    Options
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smh, I was excited to be a vampire and heavy attack. Now it just another let down. Disappointment. I will not be a vampire in pvp the light attack fire damage is massive. Pass
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh, I was excited to be a vampire and heavy attack. Now it just another let down. Disappointment. I will not be a vampire in pvp the light attack fire damage is massive. Pass

With those numbers on the PTS a person with a flame stuff could hit you with a 50k+ heavy attack with a flame staff. If anything you've just been saved from getting one shot.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One does not need to meta at all. I mean here is how I see pvp death. Players have very good skill its not just the light attack fire damage that is doing it but if your not skilled enough your cheese and evne there is some players that are so good the vrey good players are cheese to those types of players.
    I'm not a good pvper, I don't do meta builds I just play with whatever armor I'm wearing a lot of the time and whatever skill points I put on my bar that seem neat and I want to use. Sometimes I can get a couple of kills or get a bunch of assists but also have like a 16, 17 or 18 death count in a battlegrounds match Cyrodiil yes its more important to stay alive and well there is builds out there even not very effective ones that could help. Me I just play it how I want to at the time I don't go chase meta.
    Fire resist enchants do help but nothing that gives resistance gives full on immunity. Found this in another older thread when I googled Elder Scrolls Online Fire Resit.I'm copying and pasting it here and you can get an idea of how it works.
    Assumptions
    Maximum resistance is 33,000.
    From the referenced article, maximum resistance = 50% damage mitigation.

Calculations
    2079 resistance is 6.3% of the maximum resistance (2079/33,000).
    The total incoming flame damage mitigation will be 3.15% of incoming damage (0.063 * 0.5).

Example
    5,000 incoming damage
    157.5 mitigated damage: 5,000 * 0.0315
    4842.5 post-mitigated damage: 5,000-157.5

With stage 4 vampire:
    6053 damage taken: 4842.5 * 1.25
    197 damage less than without any flame resist: (5000*1.25)-6053
    3.94% total savings with vampire: (197/5000)

If you are running as a stage 4 vampire, this effectively means your new multiplier is 21.06% (as opposed to 25%) increase in damage (5000*1.2106=6053).

So the idea is it helps but to keep it balanced it doesn't get rid of it. The more you have the better off you be the higher the mitigation. So for example having several pieces of high flame resist enchants plus something like a bretons spell resistance or a dunmers flame resistant and then cp points into perks that decrease incoming flame or magical damage. This all comes together to mitigate the fire damage you receive. So it does nothing but actually lesson the pain it doesn't give you fire immunity. I'm guessing that you could get a higher mitigation maybe even up to ten percent not sure but you won't block out of all of it and that is for balancing reasons. So your still receiving so much of that bonus damage its just not as much as it could be without it.
    A hypothetical example.
    So say your a stage four vampire you have fire resist enchants, cp points placed in in resist flame and magical damage cp system perks and then say you have Spell resistance or Flame resistance from either Breton or Dunmer all that together and you get (Just an example not fact) 15% Flame Mitigation from all that combined. You would still have to worry about that 10% Extra flame damage. Which is by the way is much more manageable if you do it that way then having the full 25%.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on April 9, 2020 1:35AM
    PC NA
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added fire damage is the cost of being a vampire. Early in the game, I became a vampire and quickly saw how important actively avoid fire damage and mitigate what cannot be avoided. That is what it comes down to. So, it seems there is room for improvement in that area.
    Options
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can dodge react to a heavy attack as magic but endless spam light attack weaving never run out of resources plus lag is WAY MORE FIRE DAMAGE. NO SMH TO BEING A VAMPIRE
    Especially as a heavy attack sorcerer.
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vampire stamblade actually very healthy no weakness to fire because I never miss a meal on the good mortals on Tamriel 😈
    Options
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just testing and ran as a test today
    Fortified bass
    Might chuan
    Knight slayer
    3×fire enchantment
    Vampire

My resistance was 34k plus 9k fire resistant...I got nuke mainly because fire damage in bgs

Ran the same build in bgs with NO VAMPIRE
    AND I WAS FIRST PLACE

Light attack fire damage is a BIG NO ON BEING A VAMPIRE.

THE DIFFERENCE IN DAMAGE IS MASSIVE
    ESPECIALLY AS A HEAVY ATTACK SORCERER IN PVP
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was just testing and ran as a test today
    Fortified bass
    Might chuan
    Knight slayer
    3×fire enchantment
    Vampire

My resistance was 34k plus 9k fire resistant...I got nuke mainly because fire damage in bgs

Ran the same build in bgs with NO VAMPIRE
    AND I WAS FIRST PLACE

Light attack fire damage is a BIG NO ON BEING A VAMPIRE.

THE DIFFERENCE IN DAMAGE IS MASSIVE
    ESPECIALLY AS A HEAVY ATTACK SORCERER IN PVP

I'd would love to be in a bg match with you I'd bet my death score would be so much higher then yours :).
    There is this lovely thing called respawn so why worry about the death count? Just focus on your score points, kills and assists.
    Get a higher death count so what?
    Doesn't matter in Battlegrounds except for death matchs in those you want to try and limit how many times you get killed because it goes against your teams chances of winning. So just run with it don't worry about the Death score except in Death Match and you'll be fine.

Edited by Thevampirenight on April 9, 2020 1:46AM
    PC NA
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this about the upcoming changes? They're not out yet, so judging it is too early.
    As for the current situation...
    Magicka light attacks hurt, yes. But they are additional pressure, dps. Undeath kind of helps with that. It's not 100% balanced, but that is where Supernatural Recovery comes in. So, more glassy for more sustain. It's fine. If you don't like that, that's fine, you don't have to be a vampire. It's a choice.

Just be glad Dawnbreaker doesn't nuke for +50% damage anymore. And is telegraphed. And not 100% on every stam char. That used to break vampires without even considering Undeath since a single Dawnbreaker took 75% of a vampire's health.
    I don't know how to feel about mag DKs. They are too strong against vampires, no doubt. But you can't lower their fire damage, as that would make them underpowered against non-vamps again. If you can lower your vampire stage against a mag DK by drinking a Bloody Mara in stealth, they become a normal threat. But since this is rarely possible, just run from them. No shame in that.

Vampirism is very balanced at the moment. It took long to get there, but now they're fine. Too bad this may change soon. We'll see.
    Options
  • JasonWangTaiwan
    Well if they tune battle spirit as a temporary solution since they will have to time to inspect many balance issue before making any big change in advance.
    Like werewolf poison weakness there's tradeoff in being vampire for sure.
    Options
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly might not even buy the dlc

Does that mean you'd STOP MAKING THESE HALF CAPS POSTS complaining that the GAME isn't balanced around SORCERER HEAVY ATTACK BUILDS?
    Options
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say you done messed it up. MANY MANY YEARS AGO WHEN I PLAYED ELDER SCROLLS 5. I was a vampire sorcerer and I love it. Start playing eso about 4ish years ago. And no no no on vampire. Light attacks fire hit way to hard. Then you go and say their is a hope at not getting nuked by fire light attack damage in pvp. Get my Hope's up and then say nope not doing it... just for now on CHANGE NOTHING. YOU ALWAY MESS IT UP. JUST MAKE NEW SET( that are like never heavy attack sets) make some dlc gimmicks. But most of all NEVER GET MY HOPES UP AGAIN.

Sincerely the real loyal gamer.
    I HAVE SPOKEN
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe stop relying on proc sets, pets, and spamming all caps threads and you will do fine like the rest of us.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say you done messed it up. MANY MANY YEARS AGO WHEN I PLAYED ELDER SCROLLS 5. I was a vampire sorcerer and I love it. Start playing eso about 4ish years ago. And no no no on vampire. Light attacks fire hit way to hard. Then you go and say their is a hope at not getting nuked by fire light attack damage in pvp. Get my Hope's up and then say nope not doing it... just for now on CHANGE NOTHING. YOU ALWAY MESS IT UP. JUST MAKE NEW SET( that are like never heavy attack sets) make some dlc gimmicks. But most of all NEVER GET MY HOPES UP AGAIN.

I HAVE SPOKEN

It has worked very well for a great many players in this Elder Scrolls game. Just like I improved on avoiding and mitigating damage after becoming a vampire so can you, if you choose to. The problem is not with the design of the skill line.

Just keeping it real.
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I HAVE SPOKEN
    Hmm Skyrims had Sunlight weakness then Eso Vampires don't have a sun weakness. Plus Fire Damage was even worse in Skyrim then in Eso except it might have had better mitigation.
    Skyrim Vampire Stats.
    Stage One Stage Two Stage Three Stage Four
    Resistances and Weaknesses
    • Resist Disease 100%
    • Resist Poison 100%
    • Resist Frost 25% (DG: 20%)
    • Weakness to Fire 25% (DG: 20%)

• Resist Disease 100%
    • Resist Poison 100%
    • Resist Frost 50% (DG: 30%)
    • Weakness to Fire 50% (DG: 30%)

• Resist Disease 100%
    • Resist Poison 100%
    • Resist Frost 75% (DG: 40%)
    • Weakness to Fire 75% (DG: 40%)

• Resist Disease 100%
    • Resist Poison 100%
    • Resist Frost 100% (DG: 50%)
    • Weakness to Fire 100% (DG: 50%)
    Those were skyrim vampire stats.

Eso Vampire stats right now
    Stage Health Recovery Damage from Fire Ability Cost Passive becomes active
    1 -0% +0% -0%
    2 -25% +15% -7% Supernatural Recovery
    3 -50% +20% -14% Undeath
    4 -75% +25% -21% Dark Stalker

Greymoor Vampire stats will be like this.
    Stage 1/2/3/4

Health Recovery: -10%/-40%/-70%/-100%

Flame Damage Taken: +5%/+10%/+15%/+20%

Regular Ability Costs: +5%/+10%/+15%/+20%

Vampire Ability Costs: -10%/-20%/-30%/-40%
    Though those numbers might change.

So just take my advice just play with it, don't need to be the best in pve or pvp, have fun with it don't dismiss it because you die by some better player.
    Don't need to be the best don't have to be the worst either.
    Just play the way you want and you will be much happier.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on April 9, 2020 2:04AM
    PC NA
    Options
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ever watch The Room?
    https://youtu.be/WXEuzulOM9Q
    These threads, all of them, are exactly like The Room.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I HAVE SPOKEN

Look, Dawnguard REALLY buffed vampires. For story reasons, obviously. That just doesn't translate into an MMO well. Skyrim as a benchmark cannot be reached again.

ESO still does it a ton better than Oblivion, for example. There you took HEFTY sun damage, you would die in seconds at daylight in stage four. NPCs would also not interact with you. Rendering the game nearly useless. Waiting or fast traveling would put you to stage two from one, giving you sun damage. Which prevented you from further fast travel. And you became REALLY ugly. You think the skin now is bad? Oho, that is nothing! And then, when you inevitably got fed up, because it killed your game fun, you had to go through an exhaustingly lengthy quest to cure it.
    Man, ESO has vampirism so much better than this!
    Options
This discussion has been closed.