Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Jubilee Festival Extension

Blacknight841
Blacknight841
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a request for Zenimax to consider extending the Jubilee Anniversary Festival for 2020 by a week or maybe two.

First, I am thrilled that the festival allows us to do any quest rather than the specific quests for each week as it did last year. This was a welcomed change. Secondly, the crown sale was a welcomed surprise to coincide with the even. The event, in my opinion, has been one of the best ones since the first year of events.

However there are some external things to consider. As everyone knows the world has taken a turn for the worse, and the coronavirus has had a devastating effect on almost every country in the world. There are stay at home order in place in many countries in the world, and many people are force to stay indoors. According to the CDC, the next two weeks could be the most crucial ones to maintain the social distancing. Having the event continue would all players the ability to escape from the harsh realities from the world, during a time when it is exactly what is needed. It would allow those stuck at home to pass the time, with a little more fun and excitement, playing and questing with friends. With a little extension for the event, Zenimax could create a tidal wave of experiences in the game, as well as help out the overall fight towards this virus. I have also had several request to get extra copies of the style pages from several of my guild members the are not able to get online during the event due to being apart from the xbox, difficulty with internet connectivity, and other real world scenarios. This extension would also allow those members the extra time that might help them get online and participate in the event. There are many countries, cities, and individuals impacted by the current state of the world, a little escape in Tamriel might not be the cure for the virus, but it certainly can be a catalyst towards good, and hopefully encouraging people to stay indoors and play with their friends from a distance. We have read your letter of what you are doing to keep your employees safe during this time, hopefully you can consider extending the event to help the community as well.

At least in Tamriel, we can still join groups, have parties, and visit each others house... without having to stay 6 ft apart. Sometimes an escape from reality is exactly what is needed.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy the Jubilee Event is only 2 weeks this year. Last year was tiring, being 5 weeks long - and bad for style page prices.

People can login to ESO and spend time in Tamriel without an event, too. And in ESO, the next event is always close.
    Also, you can use the time the game does give you free space between events to do GUILD events, be creative, explore, achieve and have fun together even more than when you grind for example crafting dailies on your own. Don't make yourself dependant on what's on the menu from above.
    PC/EU
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be fine with me to extend it. The event is an excellent opportunity to obtain rare mats needed for high level writs.

IMHO

:#
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy the Jubilee Event is only 2 weeks this year. Last year was tiring, being 5 weeks long - and bad for style page prices.

People can login to ESO and spend time in Tamriel without an event, too. And in ESO, the next event is always close.
    Also, you can use the time the game does give you free space between events to do GUILD events, be creative, explore, achieve and have fun together even more than when you grind for example crafting dailies on your own. Don't make yourself dependant on what's on the menu from above.

When the course of the virus can last two weeks, and there are those that get seriously ill from the virus or have family to tend to, or countless other things going on in the world. Asking them to log in to get the items they need from the event in a two week session might not be doable for everyone.

The opposite can be said that even if the event is extended, and you feel tired of doing the event, you can opt not to do it. However saying that you got what you need, so there is no need to extend the event because of the devaluation of your loot, while other people might not have gotten everything, is a rather privileged point of view.

Zenimax has made several extensions to events based on bugs and other situations, including the one last year. The only difference is that this extension could impact the community in more ways than they realize. A person might be willing to log in to keep the event going on, but in the event of it ending, they may feel more obligated to take a break from the game, especially with other games starting events, or new season (like COD:MW).
    Edited by Blacknight841 on April 7, 2020 8:43PM
    Options
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a request for Zenimax to consider extending the Jubilee Anniversary Festival for 2020 by a week or maybe two.

First, I am thrilled that the festival allows us to do any quest rather than the specific quests for each week as it did last year. This was a welcomed change. Secondly, the crown sale was a welcomed surprise to coincide with the even. The event, in my opinion, has been one of the best ones since the first year of events.

However there are some external things to consider. As everyone knows the world has taken a turn for the worse, and the coronavirus has had a devastating effect on almost every country in the world. There are stay at home order in place in many countries in the world, and many people are force to stay indoors. According to the CDC, the next two weeks could be the most crucial ones to maintain the social distancing. Having the event continue would all players the ability to escape from the harsh realities from the world, during a time when it is exactly what is needed. It would allow those stuck at home to pass the time, with a little more fun and excitement, playing and questing with friends. With a little extension for the event, Zenimax could create a tidal wave of experiences in the game, as well as help out the overall fight towards this virus. I have also had several request to get extra copies of the style pages from several of my guild members the are not able to get online during the event due to being apart from the xbox, difficulty with internet connectivity, and other real world scenarios. This extension would also allow those members the extra time that might help them get online and participate in the event. There are many countries, cities, and individuals impacted by the current state of the world, a little escape in Tamriel might not be the cure for the virus, but it certainly can be a catalyst towards good, and hopefully encouraging people to stay indoors and play with their friends from a distance. We have read your letter of what you are doing to keep your employees safe during this time, hopefully you can consider extending the event to help the community as well.

At least in Tamriel, we can still join groups, have parties, and visit each others house... without having to stay 6 ft apart. Sometimes an escape from reality is exactly what is needed.

I wouldnt mind a extension
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Style page prices will drop otherwise” as a reason is... hmmm, how do I say it... not compelling enough and even makes me in favor of an extension because of it.

I don’t want an extension either, for reasons of burnout and the want for variety. 5 tickets a day pretty much guarantees there won’t be anything left for you buy from the impresario. What would they put on offer when we are all at max tickets and nothing to spend it on? They’d have to improve her inventory substantially for there to be any fomo motivation, or even a small urge to participate.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I (and many others) escape harsh reality of the world in harsh reality of working from home
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    “Style page prices will drop otherwise” as a reason is... hmmm, how do I say it... not compelling enough and even makes me in favor of an extension because of it.

I don’t want an extension either, for reasons of burnout and the want for variety. 5 tickets a day pretty much guarantees there won’t be anything left for you buy from the impresario. What would they put on offer when we are all at max tickets and nothing to spend it on? They’d have to improve her inventory substantially for there to be any fomo motivation, or even a small urge to participate.

I agree on the point completely. I was hoping that they would use the anniversary event to include all annual items in the impresario. Same way the event encompasses all motifs released up to that point, it would be nice to be able to use the event to buy items that you may have missed during another events even if it is only for a limited time. There are plenty of reasons why someone might miss an entire event throughout the year. It is a disappointing thing to be gone the entire event, and not be able to get the style pages, memento, or pets, until next year (if they are included during the same festival, and assuming you don't miss that one too.

Although there are some people though that wait all year to be able to find missing motifs that they have not been able to find the entire year. Areas like orisinium are not heavily farmed for dailies, so a person missing an ancient orc motif might is either forced to farm it themselves or be in the right place at the right time to buy it. Especially for console players where you have no add ons. Events like this help new players and returning players prepare for the upcoming chapter in many ways. It is not just about the style pages or the impresario.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on April 7, 2020 9:19PM
    Options
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Implying the daily gift boxes are not motivation enough. Screw the tickets. 😜
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    naaaa thx...extend the xp bonus and free time ok...nice to attract new new players... but dont extend the drops...prices and economy already tanks as is for a long while... prices for motifs have tanked up to 90% by now already!
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on April 8, 2020 8:01AM
    Options
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    I think Zos extending the event is a great idea
    Options
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they make so you don't have to type destroy to delete worthless pages, sure.
    Options
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thokri wrote: »

THIS!

Please give these things a value of 1gp so we can quickly sell them instead of having to verify the deletion.

It is absurd to think that I have to use ~11 clicks/keystrokes to confirm deletion of an item worth 200gp but I can single-click consume a motif with zero verification that could be worth 250,000 gold.
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of extending the event, just extend the free to play for a week.
    Options
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    no thank y ou
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you consider that Greymoor has been delayed, and more time is needed for them to work on the next chapter.... I do think an extension is even more appropriate. This is one of the few events that has gone through without a lot of issues in the past year. If it works you might as well use it. I do find it funny that people are complaining that another week will devalue their motifs even further. Considering that last years event was 5 weeks long, with three weeks of writ related loot, along with the addition of more motifs into the lootable from the last year, by definition, there will be less motifs on the traders, assuming the drop rate remained consistent from last year.
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caelc wrote: »
    no thank y ou

Good input
    Edited by Blacknight841 on April 8, 2020 5:23PM
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no, I'm so tired of events as it is.
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    Thokri wrote: »

THIS!

Please give these things a value of 1gp so we can quickly sell them instead of having to verify the deletion.

It is absurd to think that I have to use ~11 clicks/keystrokes to confirm deletion of an item worth 200gp but I can single-click consume a motif with zero verification that could be worth 250,000 gold.

I have been complaining about this for years! Why is it so difficult to lock any item, instead of just weapons? Why is it unfathomable to separate the subcategories in the inventory into a recipes category and a plans category, so they are not mixed in with all plans, recipes and even food when you are at the bank?
    Options
  • Psiioniic
    Psiioniic
    ✭✭
    At least in Tamriel, we can still join groups, have parties, and visit each others house... without having to stay 6 ft apart.

well, not anymore...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520202/craglorn-instance-has-vso-poison-all-around/p1
    Edited by Psiioniic on April 8, 2020 5:28PM
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    Please no, I'm so tired of events as it is.

You may be tired of the event, but you at least got to play the event. You don't have to do the event, but extending it when almost every other company out there is providing extensions on things, would make it more accessible to other people. There is a lot going on in the world, at least you, like me, got to partake in the event. Not everyone is so lucky.
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psiioniic wrote: »
    At least in Tamriel, we can still join groups, have parties, and visit each others house... without having to stay 6 ft apart.

well, not anymore...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520202/craglorn-instance-has-vso-poison-all-around/p1

Yes and the fix was was asap. But the rosters are still broken lol
    Options
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol You don't need an extension of an event just because of COVID-19. Like, it's not as if the servers only open during the events - the game is still 100% here before and after. Events are supposed to be short, fun things that happen a few times a year.

It's not a party if it happens every night.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way...

You clearly weren't around last year when the Anniversary Event lasted for 5 weeks... It was a carnage of pain and misery as people felt compelled to chase boxes unceasingly. After about Week 3 it stopped being remotely enjoyable.

The point of events is they should be fun, entertaining, rewarding and brief.
    Options
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel for the folks whose motif page value might suddenly drop, but I would love to see the event extended. There are motifs that I'm not able to farm for otherwise and I love having the chance to get something random with some valuable mats to boot. At the very least It would be nice to have the double xp extended.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »
    lol You don't need an extension of an event just because of COVID-19. Like, it's not as if the servers only open during the events - the game is still 100% here before and after. Events are supposed to be short, fun things that happen a few times a year.

Events are supposed to be fun and accessible to everyone, if someone cannot gain access to getting online because of the real world situation right now, are you saying that just because you might get tired of they should be screwed out of it? I mean the government could also have said, you don't need an extension for taxes, most people are fine and the few that aren't, well too bad. Credit card companies didn't have to lower rates, or offer extensions, they could also just say too bad. The point is that if there is a potential for the game population to be effected, zenimax should consider the extension to provide access to all, not jus those that are privileged to be in good health at home, and with access to get online. I am lucky, but the next neighborhood has had no internet in some areas for over a week, just because the service is in such demand, that It cannot handle the load.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on April 8, 2020 5:51PM
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    No way...

You clearly weren't around last year when the Anniversary Event lasted for 5 weeks... It was a carnage of pain and misery as people felt compelled to chase boxes unceasingly. After about Week 3 it stopped being remotely enjoyable.

The point of events is they should be fun, entertaining, rewarding and brief.

I definitely was, I didn't participate in all the weeks because I didn't want to be forced to do specific daily quests. As for you saying that you got tired after 3 weeks, well then what is the harm in giving the community a third week. Last year there were three weeks for each daily type. Considering that Zenimax pushed the "better each year" motto, why backtrack to two weeks. When both of the previous years had 3 weeks or more?
    Options
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I am already tired. No more events for the time being, please.
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    No, I am already tired. No more events for the time being, please.

Just because they are there doesn't mean you have to do them. I doubt you do all the daily quest each day, or every dungeon and trial. It is not about the people who are capable and have access, it is about the consideration towards those that don't.
    Options
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Events are supposed to be fun and accessible to everyone, if someone cannot gain access to getting online because of the real world situation right now, are you saying that just because you might get tired of they should be screwed out of it?

I guess that's exactly what I'm saying. I travel a lot for work, as tens-of-thousands of people do (did). Before the COVID-19 pandemic, I missed events all the time, and I'd get to play maybe a couple days of the event if I were out-of-town during the event. It doesn't bother me, since it's the reality of the situation.

I'm not a callous person, but I'm also not gnashing my teeth and rending my garments over people not able to get pixels in a game.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Events are supposed to be fun and accessible to everyone, if someone cannot gain access to getting online because of the real world situation right now, are you saying that just because you might get tired of they should be screwed out of it?

I guess that's exactly what I'm saying. I travel a lot for work, as tens-of-thousands of people do (did). Before the COVID-19 pandemic, I missed events all the time, and I'd get to play maybe a couple days of the event if I were out-of-town during the event. It doesn't bother me, since it's the reality of the situation.

I'm not a callous person, but I'm also not gnashing my teeth and rending my garments over people not able to get pixels in a game.

I guess at the end of the day, I am ok losing gold and being a tired of doing daily quests... if the cost is giving someone who is in a less fortunate situation than me, the extra opportunity to access the game and enjoy the event.
    Options