Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Ow! My Tail! C'mon Zos.

xaraan
xaraan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
00cZUZk.png

Can we take into account that two beast races with tails are in your game when you design shields (and skins and armors as well). This cool shield could have been tilted/turned a bit more on back to avoid this. Now we have to watch it hack our tails off as we run around the world staring at our backsides.
-- @xaraan --
nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
AD • NA • PC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would hate to see what you do with the sword.
    Options
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be holes in the shield for reptiles, like toilet seats. #D
    Options
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    00cZUZk.png

Can we take into account that two beast races with tails are in your game when you design shields (and skins and armors as well). This cool shield could have been tilted/turned a bit more on back to avoid this. Now we have to watch it hack our tails off as we run around the world staring at our backsides.

Yeah the art team has been sucking on some shriveled lemons when it comes to making things not clip... I feel as if they model these on a dummy without a tail and just send it without testing anything.... Then again most of their patches seem that way.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I would hate to see what you do with the sword.

Come to think of it, this has been an issue as well, I've even not chosen certain weapons because of it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn this shield a little more and it will look like an attempt to strap wings to your back on any other seven races which have no tail. Sorry, but criminal fleabags and hippy boots and purses can deal with a little bit of clipping every now and then.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, racist jokes aside, this is armor used by imperials and khajiits in a Khajiit city and they don't account for tails.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    The same goes with hair styles and shoulders going through shields...
    Options
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is ALWAYS clipping as well with any chest piece designed with tassets and any weapons sheathed on the hips.
    It's annoying as all hell, but what can ya do when they insist on putting gaudy tassets on 99 percent of chest pieces.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. When I'm using the Outfitter, I like the look of the glass shoulders, but they limit the chest piece you can use with those shoulders or else it just looks bad.

IMHO

:#
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't surprising at all when not even Argonian furniture account for their tail. Just clip straight into stools and chairs.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that with such a volume of new art content constantly being created for this game, the art department is probably working at maximum all the time. I think if something is “good enough” it’s done. They stopped even bothering to accommodate guild tabard usage with new styles years ago. Wear a tabard and see your chest wear turn into a generic ugly padded armor.

Armor styles have never dealt well with tailed beings anyway. The tail just clips through whatever is there, with no accounting for design or function.
    Options