Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

[POLL] Which type of Battlegrounds would you participate in?

Berek_Bloodfang
Berek_Bloodfang
✭✭✭
Their are lot's of options when it comes to the types of PvP Battleground Queues, some of which we find in games like World of Warcraft and League of Legends, the poll includes scenarios of both games, please choose which type of queue you would prefer being available to you.

If the option you want is not available please reply with your choice and/or suggestion.
Edited by Berek_Bloodfang on April 7, 2020 4:13PM

[POLL] Which type of Battlegrounds would you participate in? 102 votes

Solo Queue Only (1 Person Queue)
39% 40 votes
Solo/Duo Queue (1-2 Person Queue)
24% 25 votes
Partial Group Queue (1-3 Person Queue)
3% 4 votes
Full Group Queue Only (4 Person Queue)
2% 3 votes
Combination of Solo Queue & Full Group Queue
7% 8 votes
Combination of Solo/Duo Queue & Full Group Queue
21% 22 votes
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would personally prefer solo/duo que for the regular bgs, but a rated group league every weekend in the evening. Where guilds and groups of friends can fight other premade groups. With an actual leaderboard with a win/loose rating.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think there should only be a max of 2 players queued together.

Then make solo queue the ranked queue.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont have friends thus solo only
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should have Solo and Flex queue. The people that prefer to go solo can go solo, those that don't mind take Flex and those who want to group also take Flex. The rest should be handled by the MMR system.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd honestly love all the options, but particularly solo and duo. I've been busy lately introducing new players to pvp.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A duo queue sounds amazing for people wanting to teach a guildie about PVP. I'd totally bring people along if that became a thing.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to queue duo before the changes to teach guildies. So yeah, I miss that. Harder to teach in IC or Cyrodil.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I'm surprised there are so many solo queue people. I like solo queue because I just want the daily XP and in a group, I'd feel like I would need to have a more serious build. I only do under 50 since I just do it when leveling and my alts just use the same level 18 crafted tanking gear hand-me-downs.
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo que but I think I could stretch to solo duo as for the rest nope I won’t miss pre mades and completely unbalanced teams.
    Options
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Variety is the spice of life!
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure which option this would be on the poll, but my preference would be that you can queue as either a pre-made group or solo but pre-made groups are matched against other pre-made groups and PUGs are matched against other PUGs.

I'm not sure what to do about partial groups however. It seems like a good thing to encourage for people who want to play together but can't get a full group together but difficult to sort. If 2 people queue together I guess they could be paired with another 2 and put into the pre-made group matches.

But doing that with a group of 3 means pulling 1 person out the PUG queue and putting them into a match where everyone else except them is in pre-made teams, which seems like it could go badly. Equally putting a 3-person team with 1 random extra up against a pure PUG group seems like giving them an unfair advantage.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I exclusively queued with one or two people in BG's.

I don't play enough to have it happen so that I have time to play solo when my friends are on.... I play with them and choose between available activities that we can do together.

Now, therefore, I don't get to play BG's at all because spending time with friends > using BG functionality.

Bring back group queue!!!!!
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭

what would you do if you end up making some friends on here? this is a multiplayer game afterall?
    Options
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Options
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what would you do if you end up making some friends on here? this is a multiplayer game afterall?

Whoa, no one's here to make friends. Solo queue keeps it fair for those of us who won't or can't make friends.
    Options
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    BRCOURTN wrote: »

Whoa, no one's here to make friends. Solo queue keeps it fair for those of us who won't or can't make friends.

Hey now, you just gave me an idea, what if we FORCE people to queue with others in other to play battlegrounds, ie, no solo queueing allowed?
    Options
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey now, you just gave me an idea, what if we FORCE people to queue with others in other to play battlegrounds, ie, no solo queueing allowed?

lol Isn't that what happens when you solo queue to begin with?
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
    Options
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »

LoL, technically sure, but what IF, we forced players to form groups before queueing for a battleground??
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've never played a video game with the goal of making friends. That being said, I enjoy guild interactions and am a generally social person.

If I do a BG, it is spur of the moment for XP and I do a poor job at it. I would probably never do a BG if it required any sort of coordination. I'll coordinate for trials. That is about it. The one time in the last two years I did a dungeon with a pre-formed group was when I was tested for a trials guild. It is possible there have been one or two cases where someone in guild chat asked for a tank and I joined them in a dungeon. In general though, I don't want to wait for groups to be formed. I just want to queue and get in there and get the XP or monster helm.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »

LoL, technically sure, but what IF, we forced players to form groups before queueing for a battleground??

Most wouldn't bother with battlegrounds, would be my guess. Even those who like to group in MMOs tend not to want to be forced into doing so.

I'm not interested in battlegrounds, but if I was - or if I was to be tempted to take a look - I'd want a choice, and I'd want that choice to include the playstyle that is probably most common in the rest of the game, namely running solo.
    Edited by Tandor on April 9, 2020 6:03PM
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solo/Group.

Sometimes I want to play there and then, sometimes I want to play with friends.

Don't get me wrong. Solo-only is better than group-only. But even better would be having both.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
    Options
  • angrydrew
    angrydrew
    ✭✭✭
    One that runs....
    Options
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so what? i dont need them and i dont want to be dependent from other people. i want to play they way i want to play when i want to play.
    Options