Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Would you support an level cap increase...(POLL)

Knowledge
Knowledge
✭✭✭✭✭

Would you support an level cap increase...(POLL) 311 votes

Yes, I would rather have level increases and removal of CP.
5%
Suddwrathalainjbrennanb16_ESOtonne.backlinderb16_ESOAhPook_Is_HereQuantornKnowledgeAthrys5Kuro_UrufukylewwefanKappaKid83carlos424JeirnotuxoncheifsoapJawshoeuhModdysMoZzA 16 votes
Yes, I would like a level cap increase with the CP system remaining untouched.
9%
GilvoththeyanceyDracaneSilafNebthet78Kiramekualex-frilingosrwb17_ESOhiydeEasily_LostSnowZeniaSmitch_59TheDominionPuzzlenutsmeekmikoKarmanorwayajm1946ccfeelingkarthrag_inakMJalldayPajor 30 votes
No, I would not like level increases.
80%
NestorNyteshadeSolarikenKikazaruSkelfishDean340darthgummibear_ESOMalkivMongooseOneStxCresdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOfaroraekypranb14_ESOBerek_BloodfangTessituratspecherb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOxaraanjonathanb16_ESO 250 votes
Other (explain below)
4%
JeremysirstonVaohJinMoriLadyHeloisemax_onlyJacen_VeronTommy_The_GunLiquidPonybarney2525oXI_Viper_IXonotyuuPrimusNephilimDusk_CovenMerguezMan 15 votes
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently went from 0 to 255 CP. Take those away and I feel like I wasted my time. New levels, especially no CP would probably mean new armor so the time it took to craft would seem a waste too.
    Edited by RD065 on April 7, 2020 2:26AM
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS already mentioned they are going to do a complete rework of the Champion system.
    They will not increase the max champion points cap.
    Champion Point Update
    The Champion Point cap will not be increased for Update 21, or subsequent updates, until further notice. We are currently investigating the best direction to take the system to have healthier balance overall for the game.

As for higher normal levels, like 51...
    There is no need for it at all.
    Edited by Universe on April 7, 2020 2:38AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t think anyone wants this.
    Farming sets with the right stats all over again? No thanks.
    Options
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, Nopes, Nyet....
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on April 7, 2020 3:28AM
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of my favorite things about this MMO over many others that i've played is that there IS no constant reset that is unavoidable regardless of how you play the game. yeah, sure as sets get adjusted, someone who is into minmaxing is going to go farming for new BiS sets. but those of us who are not interested in absolute top performance? can continue enjoying the game without suddenly being barred from content.

no. no level increases. NO. NO. NO. please. god. NO.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no level cap increase - thats what the champion point system is for that hopefully gets reworked soon

and NO gear level cap increase or im OUT
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People lost their mind over the change to light and heavy attack. Just imagine the rage if all 160 gear became worthless.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So really OP was trying to slip a fast one past us and making this about CP instead of what the title and the actual question is about. We have the knowledge to understand that an increase in the level cap is irrelevant to CP being in the game or not.

Just like Zos has never had a real purpose for increasing the level cap neither has OP presented a true reason. In the end, it just means we have to grind our gear all over again. Those of us that have been around for more than a few years know how mind-numbing that grind is, especially when each one has been pointless.
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    Not before the devs stop flopping about trying to get combat under control.

If a level cap increase were implemented, I'd be in favour of "retrofitting" existing gear -- Using Crafting to upgrade the level of gear.
    This would also have the side benefit of possibly keeping all that named gear you earned as a quest reward or special boss drop as you could upgrade it to still be relevant and also keep the cool name.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on April 7, 2020 3:50AM
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like how in ESO, you don't have to spend your time chasing new gear every level increase... (you still can of course, with new stuff coming out, but you don't -have- to)
    Of course, in other games they did add some "gear upgrade" system to offset just that...

The CP system of course is something I like, a lot, for its "no expee left behind" - and I know how vexing I found it in many other games when they upped the level cap, and I had been playing on cap for a year and went like "but... I already did all that playing, and the expees didn't count because of level cap, and now I have to play some more to get the new levels that have become available???" and felt like that time playing at cap had been wasted... not a good feeling.
    With CP, even if I cannot spend some CP right now, they are still there, they still get collected, and I feel like I didn't miss anything, because someday when they allow more CP to be spent I will be able to use them, so there is that.

Then there is alt-ing... the CP system does make the game a lot more alt-friendly. In other games where they added some "alternate advancement" system, its often a painful decidion - play an alt for the alt advancement and your main will fall behind what others play for to stay competetive, or play your main and neglect your alt... here in ESO, it all goes into the CP pool. Good for people who like to enjoy multiple characters!

So, in conclusion... I definitely want the CP system to stay, and I see no need for a level increase; nor a gear cap increase, especially with everything being battle-levelled anyhow these days.
    Tho I suppose IF they really wanted, they could increase level cap as well, and even gear cap provided they give us some way to upgrade our gear, since some spent way too much time farming for certain sets...
    All in all, I'd say to do a level increase -right- they would have to put in way more effort then it'd be worth.
    Universe wrote: »
    ZOS already mentioned they are going to do a complete rework of the Champion system.
    And I expect a lot of whining and yelling once that's done.
    But we also have whining and yelling now, so... once they do rework it, I will adapt and still have my fun I expect!
    ...until further notice.
    Meaning they will increase it once they done reworking the CP system. I can wait.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I like how in ESO, you don't have to spend your time chasing new gear every level increase... (you still can of course, with new stuff coming out, but you don't -have- to)
    Of course, in other games they did add some "gear upgrade" system to offset just that...

The CP system of course is something I like, a lot, for its "no expee left behind" - and I know how vexing I found it in many other games when they upped the level cap, and I had been playing on cap for a year and went like "but... I already did all that playing, and the expees didn't count because of level cap, and now I have to play some more to get the new levels that have become available???" and felt like that time playing at cap had been wasted... not a good feeling.
    With CP, even if I cannot spend some CP right now, they are still there, they still get collected, and I feel like I didn't miss anything, because someday when they allow more CP to be spent I will be able to use them, so there is that.

Then there is alt-ing... the CP system does make the game a lot more alt-friendly. In other games where they added some "alternate advancement" system, its often a painful decidion - play an alt for the alt advancement and your main will fall behind what others play for to stay competetive, or play your main and neglect your alt... here in ESO, it all goes into the CP pool. Good for people who like to enjoy multiple characters!

So, in conclusion... I definitely want the CP system to stay, and I see no need for a level increase; nor a gear cap increase, especially with everything being battle-levelled anyhow these days.
    Tho I suppose IF they really wanted, they could increase level cap as well, and even gear cap provided they give us some way to upgrade our gear, since some spent way too much time farming for certain sets...
    All in all, I'd say to do a level increase -right- they would have to put in way more effort then it'd be worth.
    And I expect a lot of whining and yelling once that's done.
    But we also have whining and yelling now, so... once they do rework it, I will adapt and still have my fun I expect!
    ...until further notice.
    Meaning they will increase it once they done reworking the CP system. I can wait.

"Until further notice" is sometimes used in development to soften the blow so customers will not get upset when it will never be the same.
    I think that it applies to this case perfectly and we will not see champion points cap increase.
    But ofc time will tell...
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    The four changes I’d like to see are:
    • Max amount of spendable Champion Points stay at 900 (300 green, blue, red).
    • Looking at a player displays their full Champion Rank (CP1317 instead of CP900).
    • Gear, potions, material etc becomes CP200 at max rank. Everything currently at or above CP10 is boosted by 40 CPs (potions and food are currently CP150 so these are boosted by 50 CPs) so that no gear, potions, materials etc currently in the game is affected negatively. Furthermore, the players are told this ahead of time and can choose as much of their gear, potions, materials, etc to convert to a higher level or not. In other words, there is nearly zero negative impact, and the addition of new materials will be good for the market.
    • Champion System rework so that it is focused on build variety instead of pure max stats. Choosing the effectiveness of Frost Damage vs Fire Damage, Poison Damage vs Physical Damage, non-Critical vs Critical, Healing vs Damage Shield, Ability radius vs Ability range/effectiveness, Gain more Ultimate vs Ultimate boost on kill, Armor traits vs Weapon trait, etc. Lots of ways to do this. Create different ways to build a powerful character which is not strictly Magicka vs Stamina stat buffs that just boringly maximize dps. It also makes it easier for hybrids to be strong.

Just my thoughts on it.... CP system needs changing especially.
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delete Cp.
    Leave lvl cap alone (50).
    Introduce horizontal progression.
    ???
    Profit.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regrinding gear over and over ad nausium is not interesting nor compelling game play.
    Its tedious and boring.

No thank you
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nein. Not happening.
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Level increase is one of the worst things in a new WoW expansion. Nothing but time gating.
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If all the CP160 gear became worthless, that would be it, cancel my sub and see ya all later, doubt I would be the only one.

A great deal of my storage is full of sets I have farmed and collected while playing the game, quite a bit of gold was spent on some of the sets and pieces along with a lot of time and runs through content that dropped bound gear.

One of the main selling points to me for this game was the security of knowing you don't need to farm sets again, once you have the max level set your after its useful forever.

There is nothing to be gained in terms of raising the base level cap, in other games you get a bunch of new gear that makes the old sets useless in this game you would have to re farm the old sets just with slightly higher stats, no thanks.

If they are going to change anything to do with leveling they can get on with the CP system rework they said they were going to introduce.

Or admit they can't come up with anything and un freeze the CP cap, giving players all the extra CP points they should have gotten if the system had continued as planned.
    Options
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Not before the devs stop flopping about trying to get combat under control.

If a level cap increase were implemented, I'd be in favour of "retrofitting" existing gear -- Using Crafting to upgrade the level of gear.
    This would also have the side benefit of possibly keeping all that named gear you earned as a quest reward or special boss drop as you could upgrade it to still be relevant and also keep the cool name.

Actually a really good idea with retrofitting equipment to increase their levels! There would first have to be a reason to increase character levels though.
    Options
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »

I think you need to flesh out what it is you are trying to achieve here.

Personally I feel an initial levelling process to 50 is fine. It is also fine to have a secondary levelling process, in ESO case, CP. The CP system could however be altered or totally changed. Many different games do this in different ways. Personally I feel the CP trees are a little narrow in that for the most part, there is very little variation in how one sets up, either for dps, healz or tanking. We change them a little for certain trials/dungeons, and for niche builds such as werewolf. But that's it, so the system does not provide build variety and I think it could... but then we run into the issue that ZOS has been struggling with for years, pvp balance. Trying to balance pvp has cause so many issue for pve its just incredible and hugely frustrating, but that's a complain for another day.
    Options
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't. Even. Think. About. It.

*Throws themselves protective over 200 gold Items for their Tanks and Healers, partly being rather rare drops.*
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although it might help me move on. Make Cyrodiil unplayable for over a month then raise level cap so when you do, you have to rebuild your sets? Would be them pretty much saying they cant fix end game so, here's a treadmill in stead.

It's what got me finally gone from SWTOR.
    Options
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not farming many years worth of gear again.
    Options
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it actually matter how you call it, levels and/or CP?

One thing i absolutely like is that gear is capped at 50 levels + 160CP.
    Whether you want to change it all to 860CP or 400 levels please don't change accessibility of endgame gear.

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    Let us use all the CP we have for *** n giggles
    Options
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (explain below)
    CP cap increase would be fine, once they figure out how to balance pvp and pve.
    (I'm rather on no-CP pvp, so I wouldn't see the difference there)

Gear cap increase may not be a good idea. Drop rates are not suitable for such grind.
    Options
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cant we just make it an even 850...810 just throws me off, lol. Really, at this point I don't care what they do as I'm semi-retired from caring about CP changes. Lets just wait for 2021 before anything is touched.
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I would rather have level increases and removal of CP.
    This CP160 thing has got to drive the OCD people nuts. Same with being stuck at CO 810 for a year now. Give us some nice rounded easy numbers.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I would like a level cap increase with the CP system remaining untouched.

this ^
    Exactly!
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they raise the level of gear then I probably would stop playing, I remember the v14 to v16 update and it was terrible.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

this ^
    Exactly!

Agreed!
    Options