Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Can ZOS at least acknowledge the abysmal server performance that we're experiencing? Please?

BloodMagicLord
BloodMagicLord
✭✭✭✭
This is starting to get so frustrating.
I lead a trials guild, we are trying to progress a few things at the moment, mostly focused on vAS, moving into +2.
Ever since the performance "improvements" with the Harrowstorm patch, we have noticed a few issues, at first it was just fairly minor stuff, a few people sometimes experiencing skill delays and whatnot, and honestly at that time I just put it down to client side issues, connection, etc.

But the last week or so - boy, oh boy, where do I begin?
So I suppose someone got the bright idea of doing the Anniversary event, a Skyrim themed prologue quest AND a free to play event all at the same time, during a time when most countries are in some level of lockdown and player counts are naturally inflated as a result. And the effect on our raids has been diabolical.

The other Sunday, we tried to do vHoF. We're not a super OP guild, but usually when we do vHoF we do hardmode, and it's not a big deal, maybe two or three wipes thoughout the trial. So we went there on that day, and pretty much everyone, myself included, had performance issues the likes of which I have never before seen in raiding. I also play PvP and the lag we were getting was pretty much on par with what you get in Cyrodiil during an AP event when you're surrounded by huge ball groups. At least in PvP zerg still meets zerg, and someone wins. If this happens in a trial, you lose every time.
It kicked in really badly after second boss, to the point where two thirds of the people in the team couldn't cast most of their skills. AOEs just wouldn't work, adds couldn't be killed because instead of running to the tanks who taunted them, they ran around in circles for ages on the spot, as there was apparently too much lag for their pathfinding to work. So we were unable to pass the trial's easiest boss, and we called off the raid because it was basically impossible to play.

Next raid was the day after, last Monday. Servers didn't work, only 2 people could log in.

Next raid was Thursday. We did vAS. It worked better than the vHoF raid, but again progress was seriously limited by lag throughout the team. I personally was experiencing a delay of 0.5-1 second on everything I tried to do, others were reporting similar.

And lastly, we did a raid yesterday. Went to vMoL first. Once again, skill delay, or skills not working at all. Adds running around in circles. I maintank and the lunar bastion buff on Rakkhat was actually lagging out too, failing to apply to me quickly enough so I die in one shot to Rakkhat's swipe.

This is becoming a pretty big issue for us now. I'm trying to manage a small but vibrant community and have it so there's fun stuff for us to do on raid days, but the dire performance of the game is now leading many members who were previously ever-present in the group to say things like "I don't know if I'm going to continue doing this", "It's so frustrating when you just can't get anything done in the trials and it's not your fault".
Ultimately there is nothing I can do about this other than hope ZOS decides to take quick and decisive action, and I'm sure there are others in my position as well. I've been playing ESO since 2015, raiding since 2017, and I've never seen anything quite like this. The lack of action or even communication from ZOS reflects very poorly on them.
This game and community has been a big part of my life over the last few years and I've met many great people, even resulting in some meetups and irl friendships. I know there are plenty of others who feel the same way, but in spite of however loyal players might be, you are going to lose some serious support with this apparent disregard for your players, both new and loyal.

Honestly I don't expect this post to be taken any notice of, but I felt that I should at least put it here, even though I'm probably shouting into an empty abyss.
PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a week, things were okay, now loading screens, joining groups, and porting to other players is sooo much slower and buggy.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Acknowledge ?
    They did it many times...
    I want some serious action being done to improve the server performance.
    Are you on PC EU server ?
    It will explain it.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, PC EU, the cursed server.
    Options
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a dungeon tank. I run with my brother healing/dps on discord so I know we have each other's back. We pug the rest of our groups.

We're sitting out until performance improves. Hopefully soon. We want to have fun, but ESO is worth the wait. I hope the people making the decisions consider it worth the investment to make performance improvements.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, PC EU, the cursed server.

I thought so :/
    I started leveling a new character on PC NA server a few days ago.
    The performance is much better despite of an higher ping.
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything you’ve described is happening on PC NA as well.
    Options
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everything you’ve described is happening on PC NA as well.

In that case, welcome to the club :D
    Options
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they did put a note in some patch notes they're working on performance issues, but I am surprised by the level of silence. however, try to keep in mind there is a pandemic, so that may be influencing their ability to communicate with us.
    Options
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    they did put a note in some patch notes they're working on performance issues, but I am surprised by the level of silence. however, try to keep in mind there is a pandemic, so that may be influencing their ability to communicate with us.

There's no barrier at all to remote communication, the same applies within ZOS. I'd understand if there were obstacles to actually FIXING the problem due to the pandemic, but it would be nice if they at least acknowledged the issue properly and gave us some kind of update on what's going to be done about it.
    Options
  • JmJ
    JmJ
    ✭✭
    Really well writen. Im on same situvation with you. We have cancelled several trials becouse of this performance. And now sadly game is in so bad state i cant even bothered to run dungeons. Several patch days we have been hoping and waiting if we get good news, only to see that nothing is fixed. And worst part is we cant even be sure if they know how bad game is atm. Ping also jumping so much even on pve that it often feels im running on cyrodil with zerg.
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no barrier at all to remote communication, the same applies within ZOS. I'd understand if there were obstacles to actually FIXING the problem due to the pandemic, but it would be nice if they at least acknowledged the issue properly and gave us some kind of update on what's going to be done about it.

Well, they did.

It's just that for some reason every time ZOS is trying this "communication" thing they end up with a stupid marketing article which has no useful information at all. Weird.
    Options
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry it's a high priority. Right after changing light and heavy attacks :#
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Well, they did.

It's just that for some reason every time ZOS is trying this "communication" thing they end up with a stupid marketing article which has no useful information at all. Weird.

"...check back monthly for status updates..."
    Sadly we are checking it on daily basis so the performance issues are much more noticeable to us...
    Should I care that if 3 centuries from now there will be a medicine which will give complete immunity to aging and all diseases ?
    Not so much.
    Will I care if the medicine will be released tomorrow ?
    Definitely!

There is a limit to anyone's patience...
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, in 3+ years of playing almost daily, I can't remember when performance was this wacky.
    Options
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has zos acknowledged the issues on the forums? cause usually [snip] say something on reddit etc away from the official forums and assume we will look for it. They should have something right out on the main page and said we screwed up heres where you will find updates on our fixes for it

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 8, 2020 5:06PM
    Options
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    AMeanOne wrote: »
    Don't worry it's a high priority. Right after changing light and heavy attacks :#

That's part of the fix. Just wait untill the announce the other parts. 🤪
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're going to wreck the combat of this game trying to fix performance because it seems they have no idea whats going on. I actually laughed when I read ginas ridiculous post;

"While our main focus and priority continues to be improving performance and addressing current issues on the Live megaservers, we also have been carving out some time to consider ways we can continue improving the game as it evolves and matures to ensure a healthy community and environment."

Lmao, ya like they should be doing anything else but fixing this abomination. But you should only expect silence from zos. I posted for years about declining performance and got silence, and it wasnt just me complaining. Threads would come up half the size and get answers from them, because they were about issues zos wanted to talk about.

Zenimax is shameless when it comes to ignoring the community on issues they dont have good answers for.
    Options
  • Morunul
    Morunul
    ✭✭
    It's not a new problem. Remember the login queues from last year?
    They added some server hardware the said it was a software problem.
    Since the they are fixing the software each new iteration bringing new interesting problems.
    They should open a new server, even a subscription based one, so it could cope with the people that want to play the game. I would pay for better performance because I like the game. the gameplay it's very frustrating right now.
    ZOS motto: "Thank you for your patience". Not much of that left...
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just gnna Rick Roll you like they did for last 6 years haha. No performance just dingydongy.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP said:

"Can ZOS at least acknowledge the abysmal server performance that we're experiencing"

Not sure. Maybe they can't.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can ZOS at least acknowledge the abysmal server performance that we're experiencing?

No.

The cash cow is alive and well, especially after recent crown discount. They could give a 90% discount on crowns and still turn profit. Everything is about money and people who are the biggest spenders don't do activities that the abysmal server performance impacts on.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well they are acknowledging it, this years focus is on performance while also doing the combat changes they want to do along with the performance improvement updates.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56681

They like to focus on multiple things it seems. They got the Chapter/Dlcs, performance, and then their combat mechanics shakeup. But at least Performance is one of their higher priorities this year.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on April 7, 2020 7:10AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm maybe it could be helpful if they moved the servers to someplace with a lot less internet traffic. That could be hindering performance for the Eu servers if it is a high trafficked Networking Area that could be a part of the reason why the performance is worse on the Eu version of the game.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's driving me and my group insane!
    Doing veteran/hm challenges is nearly impossible even in smaller groups such as dungeons.
    We keep seeing the spinning adds that make it super difficult to have any sort of crowd control, the tank insta dies though they are blocking with full stamina and full health... Not to mention sometimes mechanics simply start happening "out of turn" or simply don't work (such as the classic "stand here not to die" mechanics).
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Gina Bruno commented on the issue a while ago. I would assume that they are still investigating the problem. Either they don't know yet what causes it or they are still working on a fix.

I would assume that they still haven't figured out the problem and my guess is that we will be stuck with this desync/delay stuff the whole patch, maybe even longer.

https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Gina Bruno commented on the issue a while ago. I would assume that they are still investigating the problem. Either they don't know yet what causes it or they are still working on a fix.

I would assume that they still haven't figured out the problem and my guess is that we will be stuck with this desync/delay stuff the whole patch, maybe even longer.

I'm sure it will take longer. This is sad for all endgame raiding grps and pvp players
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand the issues.. we were doing Fang Lair yesterday... all the adds were spinning around like breakdancers.. the dragon didn’t animate and just bounced from one place to another.. so definitely some proper issues there.

But I just don’t get this obsession that ZOS should/can only do one thing at a time. Or that being able to do one simple thing easily (reskin mount... put in Crown Store) means they aren’t working on other, more complicated things or that they’re absolutely ignorant of what issues there are. Or that somehow stopping work done by one team will magickally speed up and improve the work of a totally different team.

People here seem to believe that having some kind of instant response to every hiccup is in any way progress. ZOS could acknowledge/communicate everything people want on a, what, weekly, daily, hourly schedule and it would never be enough. The work necessary will take time and has to be planned effectively.

They have responded. They provide a monthly update that gives a general overview of the work they’re doing and the time it is likely to take. They are going to put the best spin on it they can because saying out loud “it’s going to take 2 years to fix this and it will be rubbish until then” won’t help anyone.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to follow the Dev Tracker and also make sure they keep up-to-date with the Performance Improvement Plan updates published monthly on the website - these are also linked on the launcher. There's really no excuse for accusing ZOS of not acknowledging the performance issues.
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just crashed after teleporting from Glenumbra to Wayrest. (Never experienced crashes before Update 25)

Performance patch works like a charm.
    Options