The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion to make blastbones better

ciyanax
ciyanax
Soul Shriven
1. Make the skeleton spawn at enemy’s location
2. Give it a brief pre-explosion animation to balance it in place of the buggy chasing.
3. Change magicka morph to make the skill give 2 corpses

These would make the skill more functional, more controllable and synergistic with the class and other skills as the bladtbone is a bread and butter setup.
  • The_DancinPanda
    ciyanax wrote: »
    2. Give it a brief pre-explosion animation to balance it in place of the buggy chasing.

These would make the skill more functional, more controllable and synergistic with the class and other skills as the bladtbone is a bread and butter setup.

Damn u really thought this thru, first spawn the skeleton at enemy’s location and then give it pre explosion so it balances the chasing, well u see, doubt there would be any chasing cause skeleton would spawn at the targets locations (have no idea what you mean about targets location) and then make 2 corpses from 1 skeleton, damn... basically let me drop my skeletons on top of my targets head, that would balance it :smile:
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only things that blastbones needs is that the stamina morph adds minor defile instead of major, and magicka morph either adds a different minor debuff or make it deal more damage the farther is jumps.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm on board with these changes if the animation is teabagging. Just a couple squats then it blows up? That would be pretty classy!
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only things that blastbones needs is that the stamina morph adds minor defile instead of major, and magicka morph either adds a different minor debuff or make it deal more damage the farther is jumps.

Yep.

OP buffs it in 3 ways when it only needs 1.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should change blastbones entirely.

I was playing through Vault of Madness and the Colossus (like all of these boss types) has a charge mechanic that does damage the entire charge distance + stays there for x amount of time.

Just have the blastbone do this. And make it so where it stops it will explode causing more damage.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yamenstein wrote: »
    They should change blastbones entirely.

I was playing through Vault of Madness and the Colossus (like all of these boss types) has a charge mechanic that does damage the entire charge distance + stays there for x amount of time.

Just have the blastbone do this. And make it so where it stops it will explode causing more damage.

Good luck on that. BB won't change core functionality like that unless you're willing to wait 5+ years with people actually asking ZOS to do so because it's clearly so awful.

Stam Sorcs waited 5 years for a Grim Focus rip off on an ability we already double barred. Nice.. but not enough.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd agree with all your suggestions, except I think rather than giving a brief pre-explosion animation to balance it (presumably for PVP?), I think the skill should just function like haunting curse for a sorc - at least damage-wise. It should be consistent damage, as its supposed to be one of the workhorse skills for DPS. Therefore, IMO, the damage needs to be consistent and reliable, and strong enough to justify its use when it has such a long delay before "firing." At least that is what I would want out of the skill in PVE.

I might suggest that the skill function like a root skill (think DK talons) - with a skeleton animation spawning on the enemy and holding them in place. After 3 seconds, detonation doing massive damage. In PVP, this gives the a player the chance to break free and roll dodge away.

The only issue then would be how to make it function against targets that are immune to root abilities - bosses and mini-bosses, but I don't think that is a major issue. DK's can still cast their root on a boss, but if it doesn't root them in place, the talons just remain at the position they spawned in. Blast bones can do the same thing. It'll detonate where it spawns and may not hit the target, but on a mobile boss or one that teleports around, skills like blast bones and haunting curse might not be your best choice anyways, since neither skill will hit if the boss is teleporting, burrowed underground, etc.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If blastbones was any better it would be a seperate class.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    Blastbones is fine
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, because then I wouldn't be able to play Blastbone tennis with my necro friends when PvP is laggy.