Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Given One Eu server isn't enough should there be two for PC EU?

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Given what Zenimax has told us there is so many players on the Eu side that have one prime time when the United states is more distributed and this is what causes the bulk of Eu servers issues. Got players from not even in the Eu that likely play that version of the game like Russians and other countries that are near it. So it gets so much more traffic then the NA servers because of all this should they have two Eu Pc servers?
Oops I forgot the Pc Na option didn't think of that till after posting the poll can just choose other for that if you wish. I play on the Na Servers but made this poll for Eu Players that are suffering.
because of the traffic of people.
Should have worded the Yes option better, oh well.
Edited by Thevampirenight on April 5, 2020 7:42AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.

Given One Eu server isn't enough should there be two for PC EU? 21 votes

Yes yes yes yes and Yes there needs to be another server so there isn't as many players boggling down the one we got.
52%
sparafucilsarwb17_ESOJack-0binhoIrfindvestahlsMysanneTelvanniWizardDivineFirstYOLOLordWenzelMartiniDanielsgatekeeper13 11 votes
No
38%
WihuriFreakin_HytteLysetteL2PissueUnfadingsilenceEnokarielNairinheFierceSam 8 votes
Other
9%
essi2colossalvoids 2 votes
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    What Zenimax has told you is wrong, there were times where ESO or Cyrodiil used to have a combat of 200 vs 200
    Options
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Your approach to blame players or number of players for a company that doesn't invest in it's product and is all about selling crown store items like a bankrupt supermarket relying on canned food is wrong.

You don't invest in your product -> you can see it's quality in real time - go log to a trial or Cyrodiil to see the current quality of product Zenimax stamps it's name and logo on.
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L2Pissue wrote: »
    What Zenimax has told you is wrong, there were times where ESO or Cyrodiil used to have a combat of 200 vs 200

Say if Na has 3 million players log in and log off and then another 3 million log in log off during the different primes because we have something like four differant time zones here. Eu has something like 9 million logged in at their prime since its not like that there so they have far more population then the servers can handle at once. Those are just examples so yes I can see it rather easily since they have far more population density on the Eu Servers and don't have nearly as much a distributed out prime time like the United States Server so I can see them being truthful about this .

PC NA
    Options
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't see them forking out for another hamster, myself.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The whole point of the megaserver has been to not divide people of a similar region into different shards - if it is done right, it is anyway in cloud space and adding more capacity should not be a technical problem, just an economical one.
    Options
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    No
    just because the server can't handle 2 people in an off-location battling each other doesn't mean we have to make separate servers for them
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    The whole point of the megaserver has been to not divide people of a similar region into different shards - if it is done right, it is anyway in cloud space and adding more capacity should not be a technical problem, just an economical one.

That was before they had to move all the combat calculations over to the servers. I don't think they were built to handle those and well there is so many of them and so many calcuations the servers have to perform for each logged in player. Not to mention store cache and log each item the player has in their respective inventories. Yeah at this point I think one server wouldn't be enough for Eu for those reasons and that is why they need one more for each of the over strained servers they got.
    On an needed basis and it might be better for the player base if they did this.
    Its sad to see players in eu suffering so much because of the number of population that I do feel its high time Zenimax actually invested money into it.Plus Two eu mega servers would be better then one.
    Sure many players would want to be transferred over to it given bad performance that would make it so there would be less on the one making it more playable and the other one would be more playable. So I can actually see it helping with the Eu issues quite a bit.
    Even though they are mega servers I don't think they were built for combat calculation and less strain means less lag and more playablilty potentially. As even Mega servers have their limits.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on April 5, 2020 7:59AM
    PC NA
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    L2Pissue wrote: »

Say if Na has 3 million players log in and log off and then another 3 million log in log off during the different primes because we have something like four differant time zones here. Eu has something like 9 million logged in at their prime since its not like that there so they have far more population then the servers can handle at once. Those are just examples so yes I can see it rather easily since they have far more population density on the Eu Servers and don't have nearly as much a distributed out prime time like the United States Server so I can see them being truthful about this .

GMT, GMT+1, GMT+2, GMT+3 are all european time zones.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

That was before they had to move all the combat calculations over to the servers. I don't think they were built to handle those and well there is so many of them and so many calcuations the servers have to perform for each logged in player. Not to mention store cache and log each item the player has in their respective inventories. Yeah at this point I think one server wouldn't be enough for Eu for those reasons and that is why they need one more for each of the over strained servers they got.
    On an needed basis and it might be better for the player base if they did this.
    Its sad to see players in eu suffering so much because of the number of population that I do feel its high time Zenimax actually invested money into it.Plus Two eu mega servers would be better then one.
    Sure many players would want to be transferred over to it given bad performance that would make it so there would be less on the one making it more playable and the other one would be more playable. So I can actually see it helping with the Eu issues quite a bit.
    Even though they are mega servers I don't think they were built for combat calculation and less strain means less lag and more playablilty potentially. As even Mega servers have their limits.

See, i want to play with my german, english and russian friends - i do not want to have to log in to 2 servers and 2 accounts to do that. That ESO is not dividing these on different shards was a selling point - and I don't want it to go just because some struggle - most do not.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The whole point of a megaserver is that it can handle the demand...the downside of the separation of even the EU (read Rest of the World rather than European Union) and NA (read America) servers is that even if you play both you can’t share characters etc.

Splitting the population further doesn’t solve the issues posed by large amounts of players at peak times... it just buck passes them down the line. What happens when, say the new PC RU gets full?

What happens to the server that players leave? Is there any indication that shedding players will have any impact on performance? Or will it simply create the impression that the game has become a ghost town....

The solution, hard as it might be, is to improve server performance, which I think is a key driver behind all the changes happening (and planned) at the moment.
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    The whole point of a megaserver is that it can handle the demand...the downside of the separation of even the EU (read Rest of the World rather than European Union) and NA (read America) servers is that even if you play both you can’t share characters etc.

Splitting the population further doesn’t solve the issues posed by large amounts of players at peak times... it just buck passes them down the line. What happens when, say the new PC RU gets full?

What happens to the server that players leave? Is there any indication that shedding players will have any impact on performance? Or will it simply create the impression that the game has become a ghost town....

The solution, hard as it might be, is to improve server performance, which I think is a key driver behind all the changes happening (and planned) at the moment.

Hopefully they do work and I do have hope but it seems like that there would still be that thing with the Eu having high populations and they need to find ways to manage those somehow. Hopefully the efforts they are doing will be enough. But constantly seeing Eu not playable Eu having lots of issues and well that seems like that one mega server isn't enough to handle a mega population of players. I think that is their goal to make things a lot better by fixing a lot of the performance issues and reducing the strain and opening up more room on the servers to handle things.

But say if the population spiked to be tripple the amount it has now or even three times tripple the amount it has right now. Then I can see them still needing to make a new mega server for that even if their efforts do help a lot there might be only so much they can do with that and only so much population could be handled by them and that is if their efforts do work to decrease major issues on Eu it does not mean they can't come back later. Especially as the game grows and more people come to the game when some mmo does something or some content they really want to play comes that drives them to the game in the masses. Eu could still reach top peak when it comes to population and though its unlikely it could happen what then?

So yeah hopefully it does pay off and fix the bulk of the issues and players will enjoy the new eu performance. If not hopefully they add in another server to help out if the performance updates are not enough.

Edited by Thevampirenight on April 5, 2020 8:21AM
    PC NA
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Hopefully they do work and I do have hope but it seems like that there would still be that thing with the Eu having high populations and they need to find ways to manage those somehow. Hopefully the efforts they are doing will be enough. But constantly seeing Eu not playable Eu having lots of issues and well that seems like that one mega server isn't enough to handle a mega population of players. I think that is their goal to make things a lot better by fixing a lot of the performance issues and reducing the strain and opening up more room on the servers to handle things. But say if the population spiked to be tipple the amount it has now then I can see them still needing to make a new mega server for that even if their efforts do help a lot there might be only so much they can do with that.

The whole notion that it wouldn't be playable is wrong - it has just problems in the pvp area and mass group content - the rest of the game is quite well and enjoyable. i guess the majority of players is quite content with the performance most of the time. The purpose of an MMO is not just competitive game play but as well to bring people from different nations together and form friendships across national or continental borders even - division is not helping with this and we need this more than ever as it stands, where the global community seems to fall apart - we don't need that as well on ESO servers.
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hopefully they do work and I do have hope but it seems like that there would still be that thing with the Eu having high populations and they need to find ways to manage those somehow. Hopefully the efforts they are doing will be enough. But constantly seeing Eu not playable Eu having lots of issues and well that seems like that one mega server isn't enough to handle a mega population of players. I think that is their goal to make things a lot better by fixing a lot of the performance issues and reducing the strain and opening up more room on the servers to handle things. But say if the population spiked to be tipple the amount it has now then I can see them still needing to make a new mega server for that even if their efforts do help a lot there might be only so much they can do with that.

The whole notion that it wouldn't be playable is wrong - it has just problems in the pvp area and mass group content - the rest of the game is quite well and enjoyable. i guess the majority of players is quite content with the performance most of the time. The purpose of an MMO is not just competitive game play but as well to bring people from different nations together and form friendships across national or continental borders even - division is not helping with this and we need this more than ever as it stands, where the global community seems to fall apart - we don't need that as well on ESO servers.

I do agree with you and somehow wished we could all play together on one big huge server Na and Eu. But they have two mega servers for a reason. Hopefully they can fix things without having to resort to another Mega server but how it currently stands and if they didn't make effort it would likely be better off having the extra server. Do hope the upcoming performance changes and account caching and other stuff will be enough.
    PC NA
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I do agree with you and somehow wished we could all play together on one big huge server Na and Eu. But they have two mega servers for a reason. Hopefully they can fix things without having to resort to another Mega server but how it currently stands and if they didn't make effort it would likely be better off having the extra server. Do hope the upcoming performance changes and account caching and other stuff will be enough.

But not divide it inside europe, but eventually by adding an asian/oceanic server in singapore.
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But not divide it inside europe, but eventually by adding an asian/oceanic server in singapore.

They could even do that and I can see that helped with the strain that is likely put on the Eu servers from those countries. So an Oceanic/Asian server could still be beneficial to the over all game experience for Eu.
    PC NA
    Options