Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

What are the white random shining books for?

KoSeKu
KoSeKu
✭✭✭
They stop shining when you read them.
They are everywhere.
I dont talk abou blue lorebooks.
Edited by KoSeKu on April 5, 2020 6:07AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They’re lorebooks. They will appear in your journal under Eidetic Memory once you complete the Mages Guild questline. They don’t contribute to achievements or a skill line like the blue ones do, but they can be fun to collect (when they’re not bugged!).
    Options
  • KoSeKu
    KoSeKu
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    They’re lorebooks. They will appear in your journal under Eidetic Memory once you complete the Mages Guild questline. They don’t contribute to achievements or a skill line like the blue ones do, but they can be fun to collect (when they’re not bugged!).

so they dont really have a function. thank you
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KoSeKu wrote: »

Lore is a function.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take it you mean the golden shining books-- at least, they look golden to me. When you read them, they are marked off on your list of books under "Eidetic Memory." Type J for Journal, click on the third icon or tab (Lore Library), and scroll down to the Eidetic Memory section to see which books you have and haven't read.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • KoSeKu
    KoSeKu
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Lore is a function.

probably fun for some people but not for me. i like the lore of main quests but these books are just some random texts
    Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Lore is a function.

probably fun for some people but not for me. i like the lore of main quests but these books are just some random texts

They are not not random text it's all related to the lore and culture Elder Scrolls has 20 years of IP and the lore is deep if you jump in into it.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, all those books are just backgropund info to the TES lore. Some are interesting, others random, some funny, some wierd, some merely background noise...

Some people like to collect them for their eidetic memory library. Others just ignore them, and only click them to make the "haven't read that one" glow go away.

Each to their own.
    Options
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭

random lore texts. when archaeologysts find some documents of ancient ppl, it can be just a list of food in the storage (idk) or a really valuable piece of culture. eidetic is the same
    Options