Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

ESO BEST *BASE* DUNGEON COMPETITION: DEMISEMIFINALS ROUND 3 - VOTE'S CLOSED

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's wet vs. dry as ARX CORINIUM battles CRYPT OF HEARTS II! Can the nereids wash the Crypt away? Or will the Crypt break their hearts? YOU DECIDE!

A list of the overall action for BOTH the base and DLC competitions can be found HERE, so people can get a quick glance at the overall action.

All fights will go for TWO DAYS and end at 8PM CST (or your timezone equivalent; figure it out) so this one will end on Monday, April 6th.

FIIIIIIIIGHT!!!
Edited by Saucy_Jack on April 7, 2020 1:31AM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.

ESO BEST *BASE* DUNGEON COMPETITION: DEMISEMIFINALS ROUND 3 - VOTE'S CLOSED 56 votes

Arx Corinium
32%
Aelorinpeacenotenewtinmplsvicius1981max_onlyZeroXFFkarthrag_inakDanel_VadanNairinheArielSiraHotdog_23FierceSamFajinbmnobleWiseSkycaperbL_NiciJustishia808 18 votes
Crypt of Hearts II
67%
ssewallb14_ESOFaulgorTaffyIXThisOnePostshondelinkdaemoniosVaranaReverbFinneganFrothVevvevLarianaAliyavanaSnowZeniaAthrys5Kr3doVogtardvestahlsSilverIce58ChickenSuckerSeminolegirl1992 38 votes
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypt of Hearts II
    Arx Cor is a swamp, I hate swamps
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypt of Hearts II
    Lamia creep me out
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arx Corinium
    I like the three delightful sisters
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crypt of Hearts II
    I don't play Crypt of Hearts II often - because players don't free others from the spider webs, because something goes wrong every time in the Mezeluth fight, and the ghosts in the last fight are a pain to micromanage, esp. as a tank. (Partially because they have not enough health for modern damage levels.)

That said, it still wins out easily over Arx Corinium. That dungeon suffers heavily from damage inflation, and it's visually much less appealing than CoH.
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arx Corinium
    Tanked crypt of hearts 2 on VET with a mostly Spanish speaking group to help out a guild mate since their last tank had quit, I had tanked it before a few times in VET is was a base game dungeon so I was not too worried.

The last two boss fights took forever, it either seemed to be there first time in the dungeon or they just could not figure out the mechanics, did not help that I had to explain the mechanics to my guild mate in chat for him to then translate them for the other two group members.

After more group wipes than I have ever had in any dungeon before or since, we eventually cleared the dungeon.

I never did find out why they wanted to do that dungeon so badly, it was not a pledge that day or the day before, I assumed they were after the helmet I offered the one I got in chat to them, we certainly were not doing well enough for them to earn any achievements beyond the vet clear of the dungeon, they gave me 20K gold and thanked me for my help, maybe they were just that dedicated to get there XP bonus from the dungeon I don't know but they seemed happy to have cleared the dungeon.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypt of Hearts II
    At some point after CoH2 was released (it was vcoh at the time) I spend 4 hours with friends chasing the no death achievement. That dungeon was so hard before cp and power creep!

We consistently survived the penultimate boss by sending the tank out of the room but would either have someone die to chain lightning (remember how strong that was back them?) or to the lich crystal when she grabbed the sword. It was so frustrating, but somehow didn’t destroy my enjoyment of the dungeon. I still like it years later.

And that voidstone violet is well worth it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arx Corinium
    I think Arx is under appreciated.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arx Corinium
    Unique setting
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Crypt of Hearts II buries Arx Corinium for good!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options