Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Buff to Nightblades please.

proteinexe
proteinexe
✭✭✭✭
So.. we've all seen the vampire change. I'll start by stating I like the changes, INCLUDING the invisibility. I think it's very unique, interesting and has a lot of utility in multiple sections of ESO.

NOW. Why I've created this post is because as we all know, being invisible was unique to nightblades.. now no longer. I believe MagBlades specifically are due a buff.

When ZoS nerfed stamblade, they (as per usual) brought the nerfhammer down hard and hit stamblade.. but they squashed MagBlades..

My point is, I hope that in the upcoming patch, as a sorry for taking away Nightblades uniqueness and smacking them a little too hard with the nerfhammer, they give something back to the class to incentivize people to play them again. (I say again, as I know 2 MagBlade mains who stopped playing MagBlade due to the nerfs.. one of them unfortunately left after multiple small nerfs and then the ultimate nerf).

I'm interested to see what the community thinks on this matter, please post opinions below.

Stay safe x
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The community will not be very vocal in this matter because as you have noticed, most magblades are gone or playing other specs. I like this proposed change to as a magblade, I think it's implemented in quite interesting way, we need to wait and how this will work especially in PvP (I sense that speed may became once again meta ;) ).

About buffing magblades, it would be refreshing change to see some buffs instead of only nerfs to already dead spec, but for the love of God don't take anything from our miserable arsenal to put it in other spot, just add something nice.

Minor breach on fear, major sorcery on self buff skill like siphoning attacks or merciless resolve, remove cast times. That's all nothing to powerful or flashy, just to feel the uniqness ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Put major fracture back on surprise attack and get rid of the cast time on incap and they would be good again.
    Options
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Minor breach on fear, major sorcery on self buff skill like siphoning attacks or merciless resolve, remove cast times. That's all nothing to powerful or flashy, just to feel the uniqness ;)

Some really interesting and nice Ideas here! I love the one with Major Sorcery on Siphoning. It would be so useful due to the ability to buff in stealth! or one I just thought of could be major breach on Lotus.

But you're right. Something nice to be an additive rather than changing a skill to cram it on our bars.

Options
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Put major fracture back on surprise attack and get rid of the cast time on incap and they would be good again.

Possibly, but again, that would be buffing Stamblades (what ZoS categorically do not want to do) BUT, still worth a thought :D
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things I want as I’m a fan of melee magblade and stamblade major fracture on SA major breach on concealed weapon or minor magic steal major sorcery definitely on siphon strikes I know this would really help us out.
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if I’m being completely honest magblade needs a class burst heal and buff to impale as it sucks but I want them to prioritise concealed weapon as mentioned above.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on April 5, 2020 1:53AM
    Options
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I've stumbled into the Nightblade Appreciation Society.
    Options
  • mgk
    mgk
    ✭✭
    And if I’m being completely honest magblade needs a class burst heal and buff to impale as it sucks but I want them to prioritise concealed weapon as mentioned above.

its psychic class canceled weapon not nighblade.
    cp 2000+
    46k point de succes
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mgk wrote: »

Little confused mate what do you mean concealed weapon been in the nb skill line for ever?
    Options
  • mgk
    mgk
    ✭✭

Little confused mate what do you mean concealed weapon been in the nb skill line for ever?

psyjic skill line is available for all class without exeption. Nothing to do with nighblade.
    cp 2000+
    46k point de succes
    Options
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

psyjic skill line is available for all class without exeption. Nothing to do with nighblade.

concealed weapon literally has nothing to do with the psyjiic skillline.

Are you okay? Nothing on this whole thread has anything to do with the psyjiic skill line....
    Options
  • mgk
    mgk
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

Are you okay? Nothing on this whole thread has anything to do with the psyjiic skill line....

yes, english confused me :tired_face:
    cp 2000+
    46k point de succes
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some updates to nb would be nice to be honest... honestly every change thas made the class less appealing for me to play...i always try to find reasons to do so and get in the mood for it, but i just always end up rather playing other characters...(and thats true for magicka as well as stamina)
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

yes, english confused me :tired_face:

Concealed weapon is a morph of the veiled strike skill in the shadow domain of the nightblade class - hope this helps.
    Options
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this ganker thread?
    So many ganker and bomber failed now since nightblade nerfed. They back becoming AP leecher now, lurking nearby while their mate sieging.
    Options
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    xshatox wrote: »
    Is this ganker thread?
    So many ganker and bomber failed now since nightblade nerfed. They back becoming AP leecher now, lurking nearby while their mate sieging.

Nope, just some people tryna get their class back 🙌🏼
    Options
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still 1vXing litterraly everyone on the server with my stamblade
    Options
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ literally the easiest fix that would satisify most nb mains
    Options
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WilliamESO wrote: »
    I'm still 1vXing litterraly everyone on the server with my stamblade

HC players will always do that with every class
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
    Options
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this ganker thread?
    What nerf to 1vX NightBlades?
    https://youtu.be/a8T2vPS8Ed0

What nerf to magicka NightBlade gankers?
    https://youtu.be/gj5Pm0w4p5k
    Options
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Is this ganker thread?
    What nerf to 1vX NightBlades?
    https://youtu.be/a8T2vPS8Ed0

What nerf to magicka NightBlade gankers?
    https://youtu.be/gj5Pm0w4p5k

pls stop lul, ur fighting absolute garbo tier players
    Options
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would disagree, my nb cloaks in less than a sec, even when mag light etc has been used, and its dps output is high i often 1 shot peeps in pvp
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
    Options
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that ppl forget they exist but magblades are still in the game and I'm sure they have more problems then no fracture on SA
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m very confused right now i didn’t say anything about the psijic skill line 🤣
    Edited by Deathlord92 on April 5, 2020 12:46PM
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, class needs some serious buffs or even a rework. Its core identity skills have been basically given access to all classes in form of weapon / world / guild skills / other class (also most of them are better than NB skills). Incoming Vampire overhaul will make it even worse, as all classes will have access to on-demand cheap invisibility & spell dmg buff when out of stealth / invisibility. In other words: All other classes will be equally good / better at what NB Class specialize in, while still having their own class unique toolkit.

I think that part of the problem with NB is that during the infamous "redundancy removal" (aka heavy handed NB nerfs to make Necro class look less P2W), they claimed that NB has many skills that offer same / very similar buffs etc. But the problem is that they just straight up removed many of them, without adding anything in return. To this date, many NB skills feel simply put: Bare. Incap is one of the few that they added something else - Stun was replaced with Silence. But recently in min-patch they removed Silence and added Stun back. Very weird inconsistency [snip].

Anyway things that imho could be changed / improved:
    Assassination:
    Assassin's Blade - this skill is a NB execute skill. Nb is an "assassin" class, so an execute should be above average. However most Nightblades use Reverse Slash & its morphs (Executioner in particular) - Two Handed skill. The reason for that is Reverse Slash works when the target has less than 50% Health vs Assassin's Blade that works when the target has less than 25% Health. Also Executioner morph deals 400% more dmg vs Assassin's Blade that deals 300% more dmg.

So overall, NB Execute is inferior vs a commonly available weapon skill.
    Imho Assassin's Blade should deal increased dmg at 50% health threshold too.

Mark Target - this skill is (from the lack of better words) - a joke. ZOS tried to balance it out by removing the cost but... It did not worked, no one uses that.

Imho. This skill should not be a de-buff for the enemy that basically screams "I am nearby, you are about to get ganked, hold block". It should not be a de-buff for the enemy. It should be a buff for you vs that enemy. There, I fixed it. It would require some coding, true, but It would work way better if you could use it to chose a target and simply have some dmg buff ONLY vs that target.

Grim Focus - NB "kinda" core identity skill. "Kinda" because it was copy-pasted into sorc toolkit (Bound Armaments). Anyway, imho the change ZOS did to it (increasing its timer to 1 minute) does not make much sense. I get it, they wanted to improve rotation, but there are better ways to do it. Also... why is this skill giving a defensive stacks ? It is an assassination skill...

Here is what I would change:
    - Remove the initial cost. The skill would start counting stacks while it is slotted. Every 5 LA, you pay recurses to fire the bow.
    - Remove the defensive stacks entirely from this ability.

Assassination Passives:
    Executioner - When an enemy dies within 2 seconds of being damaged by one of your Assassination abilities, you restore 1876 Magicka or Stamina, whichever maximum is higher.
    I would add 1/3 of resources restore if the enemy died, but you did not used Assassination ability.
    Shadow
    Consuming Darkness - This is probably one of the most useless ultimate in the game. It grants a synergy, that allows your allies to become invisible for 4 seconds. This is pretty much wasted synergy, because in 99% of cases you will get removed from invisibility (you will roll dodge, cast something, take dmg etc.) Also in PvE mobs have true vision so it kinda does not work in dungeons....

Shadow Cloak - I don't understand why they changed one of the morphs so much. Dark Cloak imho should also grant invisibility, but different type of buff. While Shadowy Disguise grants guaranteed crit dmg on next attack, Shadowy Disguise should be a defensive morph.

Path of Darkness - another "joke" skill. It was ripped apparat so many times that now all it does is... a short speed buff and dmg or heal in a very tiny "corridor" area... Idk how to improve this skill. At this point it should be re-worked into something totally different. Not worth to slot & use it at all.

Aspect of Terror - a "iconic" NB fear skill... not so much. Just to show how weak this skill is (not saying fear CC is weak, just a skill for what it costs and what it does) I should compare it with Turn Evil (fighters guild skill).
    Turn Evil (cost 3.8K stamina):
    -Fear all enemies in the area for 5 seconds (no target cap).
    -Lasts for 20 seconds and provide 2 minor buffs (Minor Protection & Minor Endurance) for you and your group.
    Mass Hysteria (3.7K magicka):
    -Fear 6 enemies in the area for 3 seconds (has target cap).

1st thing that comes to mind is that ZOS did not standardized this skill. It is probably the only AOE in the game that still has a target cap. Also, this skill is missing auxiliary effect, but idk what that could be.

Shadow Passives:

Refreshing Shadows - Increases your Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 15%.
    If I were to to nitpick... this skill should grant some small base recovery (100 ?) and then additional 15% or maybe convert % recovery to flat value. But... idk.

Dark Vigor - Increases your Maximum Health by 3% for each Shadow ability slotted.
    This passive imho should also grant small base health buff and then 3% for each Shadow ability slotted.
    Siphoning:
    Tbh. this is the most solid NB skill line. Idk how it could be improved.

[edited for bashing comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on April 9, 2020 4:35PM
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »

I know that ppl forget they exist but magblades are still in the game and I'm sure they have more problems then no fracture on SA
    I play both though stamblade my main I also really like magblade and definitely agree magblade should be priority personally though especially melee magblade concealed weapon impale etc major breach on concealed major fracture on SA would be amazing start imo
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »

That's what I meant. Most people when see NB they automatically think about stamblade, because magblade was nerfed so badly that it's the least played spec in PvP. I see from time to time good magblades but these are old vets, who can play any spec.

Add some flavour to MAGblades please.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • proteinexe
    proteinexe
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun the points you make are exactly my thoughts! I'm glad someone's on the same page as me - I hope Zenimax really look at your suggestions.

The only thing i'd add is for Grim Focus, give the power back. Yes it was increadibly strong.. but this is what gave the MagBlade the feel of a 'all or nothing'. If it hit's and you're not blocking, say goodbye, but if it misses or you block, then the NB has to work on that 5 stack again.

In comparison, crystal frags hit's HARDER and in 1 minute, it'll proc on average 28 times (slightly higher than the 35%), in comparison to the bread and butter of a MagBlade who in a minute, if they're good, can get of 14 - 15.. nearly half that of crystal drags.

I hope Zenimax are seriously considering buffing nightblade/magblade for this up and coming patch.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of high end pvp, nb are due a few buffs here and there, I mean...look at stamcro, stamden and magplars. Im not saying they should get nerfed specifically, but nbs need to not be designed so weak in comparison.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options