Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

New, Prevalent Issues on Xbox since 1.19.2.0

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
There are a lot of annoying problems that seemed to have appeared with the most recent patch. None of them are game-breaking, but they are numerous and frequent enough to really degrade the gameplay experience.

1. Being removed from sprint - Often, for no reason at all, I'll press sprint and sprint momentarily, then stop sprinting. This happens both while mounted and unmounted.
2. Getting stuck in sprint - This is an old issue that went away for quite a while, but is back all of a sudden. Oftentimes, in intense combat situations, I'm suddenly in sprint mode without being able to exit it despite standing still, pressing sprint, entering the menu, blocking, Dodge rolling Etc. My character is moving more quickly, but I am not regening stamina and I'm not able to cast abilities.
3. Dodge rolling in directions other than the direction you are moving - When not moving you dodge roll backwards, when moving you dodge roll in the direction you are moving. Now however,
occasionally dodge roll does not seem to detect forward motion. If you are moving directly forward and attempt a dodge roll, you will go the default backward direction. If you are moving at an angle, dodge roll will only detect the sideways motion and you will dodge roll directly to the side.
4. Odd, jittery movement - It's not lag, it's not rubber banding, it's more like a slight stutter in movement that ultimately makes the animation not fluid and significantly slows your character down.

There is an obvious theme of movement related problems here. I'm not certain what was done, but it has not improved gameplay. These issues were not present until just recently.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Are you all tracking this?
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been seeing silhouettes of other players that take a while for their “skin” to show. Has been happening since Jester festival.

Also invisible NPC’s.

It’s got to do with an increase in players too. I’m new myself to the game but I can see over the last 2 weeks a steady increase in the number of people online at all hours.

Makes killing dragons a breeze though. A jumpy, glitchy breeze but it’s still free loot no less. Though 2 times yesterday the dragon was dead before I made it there so too extra running around to complete my daily.

Forget dolemans, those are even worse.

I think to help ease the load everyone should turn off their pets right now. Less animation, less lag and less congestion overall in markets and group events. I’ve never even enabled mine. Hell I don’t even get on my mount 98% of the time. Trying to do my part here to reduce the lag!
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else on Xbox seeing any of the 4 things I listed?
    Options
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the bug where you cant use any ability, really like that one when being attacked. :)
    Options
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, all of them.

S.
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, all of them.

S.

Well, lol, l determined that all off my issues were actually the result of a faulty left thumbstick on my controller. Any slight deviation from directly north on the thumbstick was causing the vertical input detection too rapidly fluctuate. I swapped out controllers and I'm good to go.

My b.
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:

The stuck in sprint bug is still a thing - not controller related.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

This is a bug that was present a while back, was fixed, and is back again. This needs attention.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other bugs
    1. NPC dialogue showing in the chat screen... never seen this before

2. The inability to make it down a guild roster due to it jumping back to the top if someone logs in/out or changes zone......unfortunately this exceptionally annoying bug is back again
    Options
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole silhouettes issue has been going on for awhile, and for me at least has been better since last patch. Still have some issue around popular wayshrines since Zo$ still won't make it illegal to duel on them, but that's another thread 😝

Main issue I'm experiencing is the non-responsiveness of input. Skills not firing, bar swapping, even searches at traders taking two button pushes at times. It's totally random.
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    The whole silhouettes issue has been going on for awhile, and for me at least has been better since last patch. Still have some issue around popular wayshrines since Zo$ still won't make it illegal to duel on them, but that's another thread 😝

Main issue I'm experiencing is the non-responsiveness of input. Skills not firing, bar swapping, even searches at traders taking two button pushes at times. It's totally random.

My favorite version of the non-responsiveness is when you get to a resource node, press A to gather, the prompt even grays out as if you are interacting with it, but your character just stands there and does nothing. It always takes me a second to realize that my character is refusing to gather. Oftentimes, just enough time passes to allow another player to swoop in an gather the node right out from under me. Such fun!
    Options
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite version of the non-responsiveness is when you get to a resource node, press A to gather, the prompt even grays out as if you are interacting with it, but your character just stands there and does nothing. It always takes me a second to realize that my character is refusing to gather. Oftentimes, just enough time passes to allow another player to swoop in an gather the node right out from under me. Such fun!

Mine is hitting a potion, hearing it, yet it doesn't use it. Or firing off a skill I didn't intend because my bar didn't swap.
    Options
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is hitting a potion, hearing it, yet it doesn't use it. Or firing off a skill I didn't intend because my bar didn't swap.

Add to that the clunky bar swap and potion on the Keypad, oh and switch view from 1st to 3rd person! Could the bar swap be in a worse position. Need to get a pro controller for this game.

At least I’ve over corrected myself and instead of bar swapping while wasting potions I bar swap while changing perspective instead!

That’s not a patch issue though that is the game itself.
    Edited by Everest_Lionheart on April 6, 2020 2:14AM
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This one is especially fun since the patch notes for 1.19.1.0 included:

"Consumables
    Attempting to drink a potion while unable to drink no longer plays the sound effects that you actually drank the potion. Since you didn’t."

Add to that the clunky bar swap and potion on the Keypad, oh and switch view from 1st to 3rd person! Could the bar swap be in a worse position. Need to get a pro controller for this game.

At least I’ve over corrected myself and instead of bar swapping while wasting potions I bar swap while changing perspective instead!

That’s not a patch issue though that is the game itself.

This is what you need:

https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Enhanced-Wired-Controller-Xbox-One/dp/B07DHY6YLM
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on April 6, 2020 2:42AM
    Options
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are experiencing all of the same issues PC has because we got the same gameplay patch. Console players KNEW ahead of time that we were in for the same, “yuckiness” - ‘cause it was very well documented - so it sucks that nothing could be done to delay to roll-out, I guess.

I really wish there would have been some way to essentially separate the downloads - so that we could have still gotten the new dungeons and the first Greymoor DLC instalment quests (like we do with Event turnovers, etc.) - but have a different patch that effects gameplay aspects.

That way, Marketing and “exciting new content” goals could still be met - while not automatically screwing us with a broken base system, y’know?

We don’t have the same incremental patch schedule as PC, so fixes come wayyyy later - and quite possibly won’t be seen on console until Greymoor.

Saving one last character slot (even though it’s an inventory nightmare! lol) to experience the new tutorial, and then...?

S.
    Options
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most noticeably the jittery low framerate you mentioned. After this last patch it feels like I'm playing under water. Makes any sort of meaningful pvp hard to come by.
    Edited by MentalxHammer on April 6, 2020 7:11AM
    Options
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont forget the server took the load this will happen, hopefully it will get fixed with upcoming performance update
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
    Options