Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Style Page vs Motif Drop Rates

Guyle
Guyle
✭✭✭✭✭
So, doing just daily crafting writs on my 10 toons, for 2 days, which yielded 140 anniversary boxes, I basically completed the Jephrine Paladin Style (I got all but 2 of them, but enough duplicates to trade anyone 5 to 1 for the 2 style pages I am still missing) almost 10 Lyris pages, a handful of Sai Sahan and Prophet pages, and I think one or two Tharn style pages for a total of somewhere around 50 to 60 style pages. The number of motifs I got on the other hand was around 12 to 15.... Most ppl seem to be experiencing the same thing from what I am seeing and hearing. Considering that style pages don't stack, and cannot be banked - except put into guild banks - it seems more intelligent to start destroying many of these pages than playing an inventory mini game for months to see if they are ever going to be worth something. This isn't that big of a deal, except that it really would've been nice to give motifs a higher drop rate then the style pages. Ultimately, @zos is shooting themselves in the foot here, because everyone is already giving the style pages away, and someone would have to just start playing the game the last day of the event, and have zone chat off if they were ever going to buy event tickets to purchase the style pages from the vendor. I think the majority of the player base would like to see events start moving away from the style page trend, they are literally just a pain in everyone knows the word that would be censored.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm. I'm happy for the abundance of style pages on my second PC NA account, and both accounts on EU. Even so far a couple days in, my main account NA isn't getting pages (outside of Sai, Lyris, Tharn, and Prophet) she's had already. In other words, I'm sending anything I already have (outside the "signature" stuff that both accounts already have in toto) to my second account. I'm not seeing an overwhelming lean toward pages I've already had - quite the opposite in fact. I haven't had to delete more than a couple of pages so far.
    Options
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im seeing style pages listed on TTC for 1 gold
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've started to destroy the Companion style pages. Prices had started to go up into a range where selling them was worthwhile in the last months, but now they've tanked completely.
    The most annoying thing is that you can't stack them. If they would behave like normal motifs, they would suck a lot less.
    Options
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it feels like the only reason they are leaning so heavily into style pages is because they *think* making our lives a living hell of an inventory mini game will make us buy more character slots. It just makes me want to find a game that is at least reasonable about it.
    Options
  • ruumwolf
    ruumwolf
    Soul Shriven
    I wish they would have given us style pages for the revamped companion armor.
    Options
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's barely any motifs dropping this year, yes. I think I got more Perfect Roe than motifs. The only motif drops of any note I got thus far were Pellitine chest and two Coldsnap weapons... everything else was just common old stuff that was already cheap before the event started.

One thing is good about style pages, though: they are so common that they are essentially valueless. Therefore, there's no point in saving them for later. ;)
    Options
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did today and yesterday's crafting writs on one toon. I got 8 style pages, and one thieves guild motif. :cry: I want my old anniversary event back
    Options
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am already Style Master on my main - but even still, I am getting a crazy number of new pages, recipes, & plans, so far. Got all 12 Jeph the first day from reward boxes only, and one of my guild mates gives out all of his pages in chat.

It’s pretty mind-blowing to see so many Worm Cult; Minotaur or Sapiarch Helmets; Sénchal Chests, etc. given away for free!

S.
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am getting crazy amounts of motifs and furnishing plans

Feels like they are raining over my head

Also trading duplicates makes it even better!

Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guyle wrote: »
    I just did today and yesterday's crafting writs on one toon. I got 8 style pages, and one thieves guild motif. :cry: I want my old anniversary event back

I think it's kind of a stretch that the Anniversary Event rewards should be tailored to your specific money-making preferences ... don't you think?

I haven't been having problems getting motifs as Jubilee rewards on my end. Yes, I have received a fair share of Companions style pages, but I think your RNG has just been poor so far. There's still 10 days left of the Event. If I were you I wouldn't be too worried yet.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 5, 2020 2:05AM
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get way more motifs and recipes than i do Style Pages
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i only wish they d remove the 3 seconds delay to delete those during events
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave my double style pages away for free - it was a gift and I don't cash in on gifts.
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the drop rates etc, motifs should be more rare. The one thing I'd like to see Zos change is this: Make the style pages possible to sell to merchants. Having to type DESTROY for a bunch of style pages each day is annoying as hell, being able to just vendor them would be so nice. Doesn't matter if I get 0 gold for them, I just want to save some time.
    Options
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    IC= tons of gold
    Event = waste of time
    Options
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im seeing style pages listed on TTC for 1 gold

Agreed. My opinion is the pages drop too frequently. The market is just ruined for them now along with certain motifs. I would have prefered to see more rare materials, furnishing plans etc. If you can complete most of these sets in a day, then the drop rate is just too much.
    Options
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lord, usually people cry about NOT getting all motifs of some event, and now it's bad that they drop so often? Just really... "the market is ruined", lol.

You can destroy them by marking them as trash and then deleting you trash all at once, by the way.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People whined like beggars over the drop rate for the Legion style pages during MYM Event. So ZOS have sensibly altered the drop rate to ensure that the vast majority of people will get all the pages relatively easily.

With style pages, I suspect the intention is to give players enough of a taste that they want to complete those motif afterwards, either by doing content they might not have done previously or buying the motifs in the guild stores (effectively encouraging other players to do it for them).
    Options
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikikatze wrote: »
    Good lord, usually people cry about NOT getting all motifs of some event, and now it's bad that they drop so often? Just really... "the market is ruined", lol.

You can destroy them by marking them as trash and then deleting you trash all at once, by the way.

No no no, rest assured, this is in fact a standard, Im crying about not getting what I want thread :). Its just additionally crying that the style pages drop rate seemingly is a contributing factor.

Options
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's kind of a stretch that the Anniversary Event rewards should be tailored to your specific money-making preferences ... don't you think?

I haven't been having problems getting motifs as Jubilee rewards on my end. Yes, I have received a fair share of Companions style pages, but I think your RNG has just been poor so far. There's still 10 days left of the Event. If I were you I wouldn't be too worried yet.

Its not specifically money making preferences, its inventory overload. Style pages are a perfectly fine way to make gold, and I use them to do so all the time, however, they don't stack and cant be put into personal bank or storage. With motifs, I can at least stow them and not be juggling inventory space constantly. If the drop rate on motifs was so ridiculous that they never ever became valuable again, I wouldnt care because of that fact.
    Options
  • Chickenstein
    Chickenstein
    ✭✭✭✭

No, but it should be tailored to my hoarding tendency ;)

Seriously though, as I meet only people with that particular problem - I think they should handle the event style pages like they do the fragments now - when you know the style, don't drop it. Developers should know that the price for excessive style pages tanks anyway (Prophet style, anyone?) and this discussion wouldn't come up if you just wouldn't get any additional pages. And I doubt anyone would miss it.

Motif drop rate this year, however .... :|
    Orc Harvester: It's about picking flowers and smashing things
    Options
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only get companions weapon styles and jephrine assorted armor and weapon drops. and I got psjic daggers. is anyone else drop rates for motifs and style pages crappy like mine?
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the majority of the player base would like to see events start moving away from the style page trend

I don't think you speak for the majority, I'm fine with the pages dropping easily during something like an anniversary event. It feels like a celebration of the games existence rather than a grind, and its nice to see newer players receiving pages for free from established players who have an easier time expending crafting materials and time for more boxes.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • Taliho
    Taliho
    ✭✭
    35 boxes and 2 motifs, yet plenty of junk and style pages that I have. I remember now why I stopped playing in 2018. That depressed me as logging in felt utterly unrewarding, like I’d wasted my time.

Wts: so, so many enchanting bits.
    Options
  • indigorune
    indigorune
    ✭✭✭
    i'm not a fan of the style pages. i like motifs better. they can be banked and learned on multiple toons. style pages have a finite value. eventually they just get destroyed for sucking up inventory/guild store slots.
    PC-NA | EP
    PvE main --> K'hira - Khajiiti stamblade
    Trade Guild: Free Marketers
    Options
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not every player has the patience to do eight million crafting writs across all their characters. Just saying. So the event is really tailored more to those guys, so they have a shot at getting the stuff they want without doing the third most tedious grind in the game: either by getting them all with few quests, or by buying them all for very cheap when nobody else wants them.

"I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
    Options
  • Darkandsinful
    Darkandsinful
    ✭✭
    Im averaging 1 in 4 boxes being motifs and a ton of transmute crystals which is great
    Options
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not even surprised about zos's recycled events at this point. The fact that they list worm cult and companion style pages again as main rewards? OH BOY! you mean those style pages that are still so many of them from last year that literally sell for pennies in the trader due to how many there still are and you are telling me they are back again? Big brain idea.

Then you got people here defending zos as always because what else are they gonna do.

By the way game still broken.
    Edited by Kalante on April 5, 2020 7:39PM
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mikikatze wrote: »

Cannot do on console or with gamepad UI.
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Not every player has the patience to do eight million crafting writs across all their characters. Just saying. So the event is really tailored more to those guys, so they have a shot at getting the stuff they want without doing the third most tedious grind in the game: either by getting them all with few quests, or by buying them all for very cheap when nobody else wants them.

I've noticed this pattern and am 99% sure it's done purposefully: I got probably 10 motifs when I opened the first 14 boxes on a toon I'd done two days of crafting writs on. A few more on the next chars, but the drop rate tapered off dramatically after 20 or so and continues to be low.

Pretty sure the first few boxes you open are going to have great stuff to suck you in. Then the drop rates lower significantly from there on out- a lot lower, but juuuuust high enough to keep people grinding.

So if you only open a few boxes a day or whatever, you're likely not going to be losing out on many potential motifs compared to the people with 18 characters. I've gotten a lot of green alchemy mats, bait, and white runes in a lot of my boxes.
    Options