Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Random Musings: Lightning Strikes and Rainbows in ESO. Where are they?

Sporvan
Sporvan
✭✭✭✭✭
So I was bicycling around Northern Elsweyr yesterday and I swore I saw a lightning strike on a hillside. Excitedly, I hurried over to investigate as strangely I realized I've actually never seen a lightning strike in ESO. Just heard them.

Turns out it was a guy on a special shiny mount and not in fact a for real lightning strike.

This had me turn philosophical and ponder why we haven't had real lightning strikes or even rainbows after a heavy bout of rain in ESO.

Oh what joy this would bring to the little hearts of children all across Tamriel... if there were children.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had to guess, beyond the whole trade off of realism vs performance, I have heard a few complaints about the existing thunderstorms in game from folks who have troubles with the flashing effects we have now.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning does in fact strike but its apart of the skybox during a thunderstorm so the only way to see it is by looking over a large plains or an ocean. Since weather is rendered client-side there is 0 harm from lightning strikes, and sadly no rainbows after a rainstorm has ended since nobody coded that.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options