The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Periodic ping spikes

Olupajmibanan
Olupajmibanan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello and thank you in advance for help.

I'll provide as much details as I can. I am suffering periodic ping spikes on PC/EU ever since Jester Festival started.

Background first:
Similar thing happened to me two years ago. Every 4-5 minutes my ping went from stable 87 to 400-700 for like 20 seconds.
- traceroutue has shown that the route takes too long (more than 120 miliseconds) from a node in Frankfurt to Zenimax Servers.
- friends (my country residents) that had different ISP and different route with different nodes reported no problem at all
So I sent my traceroute to my ISP and asked him to set me on different route. My ISP did their own traceroute and acknowledged the problem and set me on different route without any problems. After that my stable ping went from 87 to 110 but spikes were gone. Lucky me.

Current problem:
The problem in-game is the same as two years ago. Every 4-5 minutes my ping goes from stable 110 to 400-700 for like 20 seconds. During the ping spike I feel like on the PTS, it's definitely noticeable (caused me several wipes on vCR+3).
However something is different than the last time. My traceroute shows no problem at all, whole route from my location (Slovakia) to Zenimax in Frankfurt takes 65 miliseconds. I asked my guildmates from Slovakia how is their situtation. Two players from Slovakia (that live different cities than me) reported that they suffer the exact same problem (periodic ping spikes) so I asked them to do the traceroute. All of us have different ISPs and different nodes along the route.

Now my questions is: Is it possible that Zenimax is somehow blocking whole Slovakia? This happened before with Belgium (I think? Sorry if it was different country).

I am open to any solutions, please. I tried port-forwarding, deleting the ProgramData folder or power-cycling my router. I can't contact my ISP this time because they won't set me on different route without reason. What's worse, it's quite hard to get any responses due to coronavirus outbreak.

Please I am starting getting hopeless. I tried everything I could on my end. The only solution is to buy an expensive VPN that is unaffordable for me. The two mentioned guildmates did exactly this and seemingly resolved the ping spikes problem.
This discussion has been closed.