Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

ESO BEST *DLC* DUNGEON COMPETITION: DEMISEMIFINALS ROUND 2 - VOTE'S CLOSED

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's ice damage vs. disease damage as FROSTVAULT takes on SCALECALLER PEAK! Will Frost vault to the top of the ladder, or will we get a sneak Peak with Scalecaller? YOU DECIDE!

A list of the overall action for BOTH the base and DLC competitions can be found HERE, so people can get a quick glance at the overall action.

All fights will go for TWO DAYS and end at 8PM CST (or your timezone equivalent; figure it out) so this one will end on Saturday, April 4th.

FIIIIIIIIGHT!!!
Edited by Saucy_Jack on April 5, 2020 1:07AM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.

ESO BEST *DLC* DUNGEON COMPETITION: DEMISEMIFINALS ROUND 2 - VOTE'S CLOSED 51 votes

Frostvault
35%
SporvanSirDuckmanStillianReverbLarianaSeminolegirl1992Nord_RasericolossalvoidsTiaFryeNairinhewinniejohnsonGrianasteribmnoblealmightyalforedgreensunsetBucky_13DraconicFalconZytro 18 votes
Scalecaller Peak
64%
FaulgorAelorinSeptimus_MagnaKiramekuGarpleyhondelinkdaemoniosSilverwillowCaffeinatedMayhemvicius1981AliyavanaSnowZeniaNyladreasPuzzlenutsSilverIce58ChickenSuckerZeroXFFkarthrag_inakCalivoArtadesTelvanniWizard 33 votes
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frostvault
    Close one here. I don’t know if I’d say Frostvault is actually better, but I’m really really sick of SCP after so much Jorvulds and Zaan farming.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scalecaller Peak
    Frostvault still broken on console.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scalecaller Peak
    frostvault uses clockwork city assets which isnt lore friendly
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scalecaller Peak
    F**** me. Two of the most irritating DLC in the game

Frostvault still doesn’t work over a year after release. There’s a bugged laserboss (great idea, useless implementation) and a final boss fight that will DC at least one party member meaning they get no reward, quest completion or achievements. ZOS should be ashamed that this has even been released, let alone is still running.

Scalecaller has a random mechanic so breathtakingly penalising that players are only allowed to stand in a 4-5 pixel area. Random one shots are not big, clever or imaginative gameplay, they are the last vestiges of the cretinous. But at least Scalecaller works as intended.
    Options
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frostvault
    I enjoy both a great deal. Even on vet.

But I made my decision based on the enjoyment of the story and mechanics, and Frostvault just shades it for me.

I am surprised by my choice a little, given that the laser round is and was the bane of my life for many weeks while farming the dungeon for Stonekeeper helm. But beyond the glitchy nature of that fight, all the mechs are actually enjoyable and challenging. I also enjoyed the story and characters. What shades it I think is the mini game for the final boss, its such good fun and a real break from normal game play, Id like to see more such content.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FierceSam did you test it after Monday patch (PC)? I run it 3 times since and no crush. Laser boss bug is still there, and idk about avalanche, we didn't wipe.
    Edited by zvavi on April 3, 2020 12:05PM
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scalecaller Peak
    Scalecaller Peak has some interesting boss fights, the poison statue mechanic can be a bit annoying because it can one-shot you while standing outside the zone.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Scalecaller Peak vaults over Frostvault!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options