Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Magicka Sorcerer Jewelry Traits?

MrBrownstone
MrBrownstone
✭✭✭✭✭
Can anyone help me with Jewelry traits on a Magicka Sorcerer? I don't use pets. Currently my 3 Mother's Sorrow Jewelry is Arcane and I'm planning on transmuting. Yes I'm using Mage's Fury. I'm thinking of only 1 Bloodthirsty and Arcane rest. Any other combinations you recommend? I don't like 3 BT since everyone uses BT, reducing it's effectiveness. Also Sorcerer has a reverse execute passive so I don't want to lose damage at the beginning. Please give me some recommendations with explanation, thank you.
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do not hold me to this but I believe that if you don't want to do 3x BT the next best combo for a no pet build would be 2x BT 1x Infused.
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused is also a good choice if you use it with spell damage enchants. People usually say BT or Infused on jewelry in any combination. BT is better for dummy parses, Infused is better in general (simply because BT is useless if you can't get to execute in the first place).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is the difference between arcane and infused spell damage, 300 dps?
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
    Options
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know exactly, but it is small enough to be considered splitting hairs and will be different depending on build.
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a Harmony on one of my VD rings, does it make a difference ? who knows but it was that trait in a guild I used
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

The difference is 88 Spell damage, but only 6 in effective spell damage. However, it needs to be kept in mind that the additional 88 spell damage get affected by bonuses like Major Sorcery while the effective spell damage offered by the additional max magicka from Arcane only gets affected by bonuses to max magicka. These bonuses are always only around 8% and thus lower in magnitude than Major Sorcery.
    So assuming 3 Infused with golden spell damage enchants, you get 264 bonus spell damage which makes a total difference of 70 spell damage with Major Sorcery and 96 with Major and Minor Sorcery.

That's almost another set bonus!
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Sergykid wrote: »

The difference is 88 Spell damage, but only 6 in effective spell damage. However, it needs to be kept in mind that the additional 88 spell damage get affected by bonuses like Major Sorcery while the effective spell damage offered by the additional max magicka from Arcane only gets affected by bonuses to max magicka. These bonuses are always only around 8% and thus lower in magnitude than Major Sorcery.
    So assuming 3 Infused with golden spell damage enchants, you get 264 bonus spell damage which makes a total difference of 70 spell damage with Major Sorcery and 96 with Major and Minor Sorcery.

That's almost another set bonus!

You forget the massive invisible % given to all magicka, stamina and health bonuses by the CP system.
    So Arcane does not get 8% only from your bound armor or whatever, but also like 30% from Champion points. Would have to remind myself of the exact number.

I only know that all my magicka stats always gain a +42% bonus. Not sure if that was with mage light+bound armor or without.

In any case, infused+spell damage is still more. I think only pet sorcerers could go with Arcane instead, as they are outdated and trashy.
    Edited by Dracane on April 4, 2020 3:21AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking about a difference of more than 0.1% to DPS?
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking about a difference of more than 0.1% to DPS?

Why knowingly use something that is inferior if you have the choice? Unless it's about cosmetic stuff or so.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options