Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Account already logged in message

Deathplatform
Deathplatform
✭✭
Sometimes after not playing for 8+ hours i try to login and get "your account is already logged in" message. I try again and it works.

Should I be worried about my account security or is there some known issue that can cause this? I dont see anything missing on odd happening on my account except for this odd client login issue.
CP700+ DPS
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes after not playing for 8+ hours i try to login and get "your account is already logged in" message. I try again and it works.

Should I be worried about my account security or is there some known issue that can cause this? I dont see anything missing on odd happening on my account except for this odd client login issue.

It is a bug. Has been happening since they introduced the 30 second "cooldown" after logging out. The message that they give during the "cooldown" is not worded in a helpful manner, so it looks like the account is logged in.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a newish placeholder message that really means "wait a couple seconds and try again". It was added with Dragonhold.

From the patch notes:
    "Added a 30 second wait time between logins from the same account to fix a variety of data corruption issues that could affect characters. If you try to log into the same account within the 30 second window, you will receive an error message stating the account is already in use."

So don't worry, your account is fine.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 2, 2020 11:36PM
  • Deathplatform
    Deathplatform
    ✭✭
    Ah I see thanks for reply. It still doesnt 100% explain why i'd get the message on FIRST login attempt after many hours of being offline, lets say 8+ hours. And why it would go away on the second try. maybe some new bug?
    CP700+ DPS
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah I see thanks for reply. It still doesnt 100% explain why i'd get the message on FIRST login attempt after many hours of being offline, lets say 8+ hours. And why it would go away on the second try. maybe some new bug?

Like I said. It is a bug that was introduced when they added the 30 second "cooldown" that happens when you fully log out of the game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Haven't been on since yesterday...getting this error message...WTF?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis