Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Why do dragon's hate sorcs?

Alphawolf01A
Alphawolf01A
✭✭✭✭✭
Some of my guildies and I have noticed that during dragon fights, the dragon will break agro from tanks and aggressively go after other players and it almost always seems to be sorcs. And we're not using ice staffs or inner fire. Has anyone else noticed this, or any idea why it happens.

Also, if I'm tanking a dragon and it's taunted, when someone else taunts and and pulls agro, why can't I grab agro back?
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question is: why do Dragons hate every character I throw at them, including the Sorcs?
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that I get focused on my sorc a lot by dragons, running dual fire staves. So the ice stave passive isn't the issue.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be the opposite for me. As a MagDK I almost always gets the dragons attention if nobody is taunting the thing. Of course me being me, I enjoy the challenge and end up kiting it as I weave my flame spells and run around it so it can't do heavy bite attacks and shouts.
    Edited by Vevvev on April 2, 2020 6:55PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Nightblades are nerfed ?
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
    Options
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seems to me that in the absence of a good taunt, the dragon may target whoever has done the most DPS over some period of time. If you're head-and-shoulders above the other players' DPS, you might look tasty. Blend in with the crowd, and you might not attract its attention as much.
    Options
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sorc isn't exactly up there when it comes to DPS so I don't think that is the attention grabber. LOL
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Winged twilight takes the aggro sometimes or clannfear

They are natural tanks if you are soloing stuff
    Options