Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Greymoor Prologue: Compare your Blackreach Graphics

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I think this is the first time, maybe, that we've been given a vantage point to oversee the majority of a large playable area like this, and I immediately wondered what the visuals looked like on the other Platforms. Obviously PC would look a lot nicer, maybe with a higher object fade distance and better lighting. Still though, if you've taken a screenshot from that cliff you come out onto first entering the Blackreach Prologue quest area, put them in here with your Platform to compare.

Console: Xbox One X - 1440p
Right click and view image in new tab to get the full size.

l3UeaY9.png

I can't remember but I'm guessing the Dwemer artificial Star is supposed to be hanging from a chain, but said chain isn't rendering from this distance.
Edited by ArchMikem on April 1, 2020 4:47PM
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • indigorune
    indigorune
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering if I was the only one underwhelmed... I'm on PC, all settings on max... and the globe was sooo pixelated. It ruined what should have been an amazing moment. :(
    PC-NA | EP
    PvE main --> K'hira - Khajiiti stamblade
    Trade Guild: Free Marketers
    Options
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did we go back to 2010?
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thokri wrote: »
    Did we go back to 2010?

And that was on the One X with ESO "Enhanced". I wonder what the standard Xbox One player sees.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know.... I never noticed that.

20200330110953_1.jpg
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very, very underwhelmed by the prologue.

Doubly underwhelmed by Blackreach. It looks so utterly boring. The same dwarven architecture from every other dwarven ruin system, dull background colours, poor quality mobs. Being trapped here for 40% of the forthcoming chapter will make the Stitches seem like a thriving adventure playground.

With most of the previous prologues, I’ve wanted to go through them on multiple characters. This one, I can barely get up the enthusiasm to do it on a second character.
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Very, very underwhelmed by the prologue.

Doubly underwhelmed by Blackreach. It looks so utterly boring. The same dwarven architecture from every other dwarven ruin system, dull background colours, poor quality mobs. Being trapped here for 40% of the forthcoming chapter will make the Stitches seem like a thriving adventure playground.

With most of the previous prologues, I’ve wanted to go through them on multiple characters. This one, I can barely get up the enthusiasm to do it on a second character.

Isnt it the same architecture as it was in skyrim?
    If so it should not be any different as its will be there in in 900 years or so
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    You know.... I never noticed that.
    20200330110953_1.jpg

What is your platform?

Actually I figure you're on PC, noticed the Dwemer Sun has a much higher detail model for you than I do.
    Edited by ArchMikem on April 1, 2020 10:43PM
    Options