Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Is this an april 1st joke?

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Uhmm I was using Lazy writ crafter and it said that the crafter using "tempering alloys" to craft on a clothing table???

I stopped when I realised but it used about 30 tempering alloys for a daily writ, and my temperin alloys are gone

If it is a joke, not very funny
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a prank.
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Options
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relax dude it's just a prank!

But really that's pretty crappy, sorry that happened, that's like 250k gold on Xbox at least.
    Options
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as performance fix :) just said little too early
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can't be gone, it's just visual trick like at every celebration.
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They'll come back tomorrow?

Tempering alloy was so cruel :scream:
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its just a little joke the add on creator added, it happens during a lot of the events, all it does is change the name of the required mats for the writ on the interface.

I freaked out the first time I noticed it last year sometime, thought the game had broken the add on with an update or something.
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    Its just a little joke the add on creator added, it happens during a lot of the events, all it does is change the name of the required mats for the writ on the interface.

I freaked out the first time I noticed it last year sometime, thought the game had broken the add on with an update or something.

Yea I logged onto another character and alloys seem to be back, it was so spooky :scream:
    Options
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was using Lazy writ crafter

Is this an add-on?
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

They'll come back tomorrow?

Tempering alloy was so cruel :scream:

Releaved it was a bite and not an actual topic x)

Ps: will send them back tomorrow...
    Edited by colossalvoids on April 1, 2020 11:22AM
    Options
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    I was using Lazy writ crafter

Is this an add-on?

One of the best addon on the PC.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, I'm trying to understand this.

An add-on used up 30 gold tempering alloys to do a daily crafting writ, and it did that as a "prank"?

If I've understood that correctly, it's a pretty sick "prank," the add-on should be banned (or de-approved, whatever the proper term would be) by ZOS, and the maker of the add-on should be banned from ever having any more add-ons approved.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it says it uses them but doesn't. It is just flavor text prank.

Like it says using red herring or jester hats etc.

You can even turn it off. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 3, 2020 5:26PM
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thokri wrote: »
    it says it uses them but doesn't. It is just flavor text prank.

Like it says using red herring or jester hats etc.

Yeah on my next character it used jester hats and alloys were "back" but the spook of my eso life :scream::joy:
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Wait, I'm trying to understand this.

An add-on used up 30 gold tempering alloys to do a daily crafting writ, and it did that as a "prank"?

If I've understood that correctly, it's a pretty sick "prank," the add-on should be banned (or de-approved, whatever the proper term would be) by ZOS, and the maker of the add-on should be banned from ever having any more add-ons approved.

Nah. It just swapped stating that it was 'making' the items out of it. It doesn't actually use the high tier materials. This happens every year in it's existence and it's nothing new. One year the person made it where all your ability names were crazy colors and a lot of general lulz. It's a joke. I even checked mine as I was doing them and not ONE of them ever disappeared. Not ONE.
    Options
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Causing people genuine panic and distress, so funny hoho.
    Options
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »

[snip]

I find those flavour texts amusing.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 3, 2020 5:26PM
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *laughs in manual crafting*
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Which you can avoid by taking one (1) look at your inventory and seeing that Nothing happened.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I check my addons for malware, and edit them as needed to remove it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love st Dolgubon.. their plug-in has made my gaming so much more enjoyable (and profitable). Massive, massive respect.

But this isn’t a funny joke.

Especially today where many players will be doing a load more crafting as the anniversary event starts tomorrow.

Secret note: if you do a pile of writs today, but turn them in after the Event starts you will get boxes for all of today’s writs (and any other daily quests). So tomorrow is a double box day .
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    I love st Dolgubon.. their plug-in has made my gaming so much more enjoyable (and profitable). Massive, massive respect.

But this isn’t a funny joke.

Especially today where many players will be doing a load more crafting as the anniversary event starts tomorrow.

Secret note: if you do a pile of writs today, but turn them in after the Event starts you will get boxes for all of today’s writs (and any other daily quests). So tomorrow is a double box day .

Oh nooo, I wish I knew that

Also are motif drop rates good? Because people always told me to wait for this even before spending too much for motifs? Really all motifs drop?
    Options
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thokri wrote: »

[snip]

I find those flavour texts amusing.

Hmm calling people simple for being concerned. Nice. It didn't personally affect me as I had already read this thread before logging in to do my writs, so I was fully expecting the "joke". But I can understand people not seeing the funny side to this. Not everyone follows the April fools tradition and could easily be forgiven for being concerned seeing a ton of their mats being used, considering how add ons can bug out or new people to the game who don't yet fully understand how crafting works.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 3, 2020 5:27PM
    Options
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhmm I was using Lazy writ crafter and it said that the crafter using "tempering alloys" to craft on a clothing table???

I stopped when I realised but it used about 30 tempering alloys for a daily writ, and my temperin alloys are gone

that's your fault for using addons, you dont know what's going into your writs, and as a result, you're loosing materials you were not expecting to loose
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As been stated it's just a little humorous "event" based text. It's impossible for it to actually craft anything with alloys, especially cloth. It does the same around Halloween and Christmas. For me it said it was using mudpies.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfbone wrote: »

that's your fault for using addons, you dont know what's going into your writs, and as a result, you're loosing materials you were not expecting to loose
    ...🙄 They are not loosing anything besides the stuff you'd lose by doing it manually. You can't make ancestor silk cloth epaulets or whatever item it is for the crafting writ using alloys. It's not the material used.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on April 1, 2020 12:53PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I check my addons for malware, and edit them as needed to remove it.

Malware... omg. Why not call it a virus? All addons are bad code! Don't use them!

Guys relax :) Just enjoy the joke. It's just "changed text".
    And thanks to @NotaDaedraWorshipper for describing it a bit further more.

Or a very simple solution:
    Disable all addons at the date 1st April (or check their addon settings if there is a setting to disable the "joke").

Edited by Baertram on April 1, 2020 1:51PM
    Options
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Please write a guide on removing malware from addons :trollface:
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
    Options
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    chill out guys, it is resolved, nothing hurt. have some chill dude
    Options
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I saw that, then I noticed that I was using 30 of 14k tempering alloy and all of a sudden I was happy!

It's funny.
    Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undocumented features in add-ons is probably the biggest reason why Consoles will never have them.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options