Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Give me 3 good Reasons to play ESO right now

• SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) Skyrim is coming!

2) Events!

3) Crown store!
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play this game you mean....?

1) You like doing edgy posts

2) You have grinded cp but nothing beats grinding stars for you

3) And you’re on the forums because you love eso more then cute kitten pics.

Forum grinding is your true endgame, now go get some stars.... ;):p
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on April 1, 2020 3:06PM
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We aren't you. You are the only one who can think of reasons to or not to play. The reasons we give to continue playing might not be the same reasons for you. Take a break if you're that disenchanted with the game.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploration

Story

Cat Girls
    People who support this game in its current state aren't ACTUALLY playing the game. They are standing around tallking to other folks or picking flowers or role playing or doing dolmens or something. THEY ARE NOT PLAYING THE GAME ON ANY KIND OF HIGH LEVEL. That much must be made clear.

They are not in Cyro PvPing. They are not in vTrials pushing leader boards. They are not doing vDungeons, particularly DLC ones. ZOS can possibly make some money off of people NOT playing their game,

Also hi, that's a lie
    Edited by ArchMikem on April 1, 2020 4:59PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »
    FierceSam wrote: »
    People who support this game in its current state aren't ACTUALLY playing the game. They are standing around tallking to other folks or picking flowers or role playing or doing dolmens or something. THEY ARE NOT PLAYING THE GAME ON ANY KIND OF HIGH LEVEL. That much must be made clear.

They are not in Cyro PvPing. They are not in vTrials pushing leader boards. They are not doing vDungeons, particularly DLC ones. ZOS can possibly make some money off of people NOT playing their game, but for every new person that buys this game, ZOS runs the risk of alienating: as soon as a new player actually gets good at the game, reaches endgame and plays it at a high level, ALL OF THE BUGS hit them in the face.

ZOS mentioned in their announcements concerning testing the changes to light and heavy attacks that the climb was steep and most didnt enjoy the climb. How much is any new player going to enjoy "the climb" when once they reach the mountain top the game stops working lol.

Well I am going to call you on that bulls***t.

I spent all my time yesterday in a number of vet HM DLC dungeons. They all worked perfectly well. No disconnects, no desyncs nothing like that at all. I played with players from around Europe and Africa.

Today I’ll be back in them and vet trials. Looking forward to it.

Maybe you can’t do this content, which is sad for you, but it’s out there working. You don’t want to play,? Jump off man.

wow then u confirm how UNSTABLE servers is! THX!
    coz i played on EU PC i have got few bugs:

1) My brother yesterday had 9 loading screens.. in 10 min in cyrodiil at home keep when we tried to run to resource! well done!
    2) *my hero dont light attack sometimes or heavy attack - when i hold mouse button for heavy attack my hero stats shaking and do nothing ... and this sounds - repeating 50% of his attack sound... WEIRD

3)Weapon cannot be swapped... - crap!

4)I stucked at breakfree - i cant use skills - i run around ... and i can break free every second - not being stunned - untill stamina ends.

5)When i fire bow heavy attack - an arrow fired.. nothing happens and my hero stuck in bow heavy attack animation.

6)I got stunned (26k stamina left) i cannot break free untill i got killed (SO MUCH FUN!)

7)I got stunned - used breakfree > FEARED > breakfree > stunned (within 4-5 sec!)!? cant break free ofc.

8)I got stunned and i didnt breakfree... i used roll-dodge > i glided on the ground still moving (stunned) and get up without problem (that was fun :D )

9)I got strange freeze(1-2 sec) in fight (60 fps) then got stunned (again freeze untill i got killed)

10)I was fighting with friend for fun - killed him (didnt wanted to end that way) with one LA - coz his hp was cutted in 1 sec for 20k of delayed DMG!

11)I was running from couple of players... i used shield + rapid regen.. then turned around... one light attack killed me ... again a desync? (with shield on!)

12)I was tanking > so holding block > then got killed coz - idk why my hero stop holding block??? > i figured out that u needs to watch if ur hero dont stop blocking and release mouse button then hold it again to block... (soo much fun with all this animation block bug effects!)

Thanks for your list of meaningless anecdotes.

They would be meaningless it it weren’t happening to everyone who set foot in Cyro and played for any measure of time. Further, ZOS has acknowledged the existence of these issues (even if they haven’t fixed them).
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The above guy is right. I don't do vet content or pvp simply because I don't want to. That stuff gives me gamers rage and if that's all this game was then I wouldn't play it. This game provides something for everyone. Farming mats, treasure hunting, socializing, questing and housing is still playing the game just a different aspect than the elitists realm. But if that part is that bad then i don't understand why Zenimax wouldn't try to fix the bugs. Especially if they get reported which everyone should do whenever they find one.
    Edited by volkeswagon on April 1, 2020 11:18PM
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    how to find 3 good reasons when your 3 good MAJOR reasons to disappoint you from the game :

- spells that don't go away after activation (that's the last straw, with that alone I won't need any more cities, but for fun...)
    - very (too) frequent crashes of all kinds...
    - and a company incapable of handling a game of this magnitude...
  • Kantuuka
    Kantuuka
    ✭✭✭
    Lag, Crash and Desync, oh wait...
    More then 1 is a Zerg..
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

They are not in Cyro PvPing. They are not in vTrials pushing leader boards. They are not doing vDungeons, particularly DLC ones. ZOS can possibly make some money off of people NOT playing their game, but for every new person that buys this game, ZOS runs the risk of alienating: as soon as a new player actually gets good at the game, reaches endgame and plays it at a high level, ALL OF THE BUGS hit them in the face.

ZOS mentioned in their announcements concerning testing the changes to light and heavy attacks that the climb was steep and most didnt enjoy the climb. How much is any new player going to enjoy "the climb" when once they reach the mountain top the game stops working lol.

Well I am going to call you on that bulls***t.

I spent all my time yesterday in a number of vet HM DLC dungeons. They all worked perfectly well. No disconnects, no desyncs nothing like that at all. I played with players from around Europe and Africa.

Today I’ll be back in them and vet trials. Looking forward to it.

Maybe you can’t do this content, which is sad for you, but it’s out there working. You don’t want to play,? Jump off man.

I’m a Grade 2 Grand Overlord and l PvP EVERYDAY. PCNA and I’m in America. I got fiber optic internet. I play on a gaming rig WELL over spec for this game.

Say what you want to say. White Knight all you want to: THIS GAME IS BROKEN....ZOS admits that. Why can’t you? Lol.

Possibly because it isn’t?

It was genuinely non-functional for a while on Monday when the PC EU server crashed and had to be ‘maintained’. But yesterday it was working perfectly in vet DLC dungeon content for the entire evening.

I don’t know about PC NA, it seemed OK when I popped over when PC EU was down...

You might want to redefine your notion of ‘broken’.

ZOS said it themselves when "declining " to fix certain bugs in the past: They don't affect the majority of the play base because the majority of the play base isn't playing the game on a high enough level to notice. PvE or PvP. The better you get at the game the worse it plays. Period.

Yes, that is certainly how it is - I think as well that most are quite content with being just mediocre at the game and enjoy playing it like this. Overland content isn't difficult and can well be played with mediocre skills. A lot do not play the way you play it as well - some are playing the markets instead of the game and have fun doing that, some like even fishing and catching all the rare fish in the game and so. There is more than just combat in this game - a lot more. I even saw quite a few just walking around looking for nice motives for photography. ESO is a work of art - I don't take pictures, but I enjoy walking around (as in neither riding nor running) and just take in the scenery.

Lately I roamed around in older regions and recognized how much the art work of the game has improved in new zones compared to some of the older ones. These are things to appreciate as well, not just combat and competitive gameplay - ESO so much more than this.

Well, most folks who play this game ARE mediocre. Some accept mediocrity. Some write nerf threads lol. Yet, those who actually strive to get better at the game are finding more and more that the game becomes more unplayable the better that they get.

Combat is at the backbone of this game. You are meant to fight. Just wandering around looking at the scenery it's more than likely you will aggro SOMETHING. Well, if it takes you 10 minutes to kill a mudcrap, maybe you won't notice how broken combat in this game has become. However, if you go to Cyro and try to KILL dangerous people, you might notice. If you enter a vTrial seeking leaderboard fame, or wish to become a "GODSLAYER," I dare say you'll notice the issues in the game.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its Fun.

tons of quests.

be as social as you want or not.

Addons on pc.

Pve and pvp play.

A robust crafting system and many drop items that can also be improved with the crafting system.

many costumes, styles, skins armors or just play in your undies.

a cash store you are under no obligation to use no matter what the people that complain about it might say.

you are probably stuck at home and there is voluminous content in this game.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭

this is patently false especially to assume it about everyone

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    1. Pies
    2. More pies
    3. Even more pies

What sort of pies
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Salix_alba wrote: »

this is patently false especially to assume it about everyone

I play the game and I read the forums. ZOS doesn't dispute it. Why do you?

They acknowledge that these issues exist. They're "investigating" them. They've been disinclined to fix MANY a bug because people not playing on a high level won't notice them. ZOS has said as much.

• Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    @JumpmanLane as much as id like to repost the quote again just re-read it I don't think you understand what I meant by 'you' specifically assuming this about everyone and honestly if you don't get that while its not just you (its also not not everyone else) that is where i have a problem.

Lots of people are actually playing the game and enjoying it i did not say there weren't any problems in the game there are and they are annoying but I at least still have fun playing the game I pvp, I pve, I craft and i even farm from time to time and I enjoy doing it I even go into dungeons vet and otherwise with friends and while I can take or leave dungeons thats just me

It is very insulting to read these posts that claim every single one of us is hating on something. and specifically you saying we aren't playing the game we are just fooling around I do take that personally. No we're playing no matter what that is and I dont rp but those people are playing also whats wrong with people making their own fun the fact that you can do that is a great thing about this game

I see you removed the quote on your end but you are still insulting a large part of the player base saying most people are mediocre. I think that's pathetic they made this game for people to have fun not to be elitist pricks.

oh yeah BTW I am not mediocre I am awesome.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Crown Store and subscriptions seem to be doing just fine. So people must be enjoying something. I've played for 3+ years and I've come to the point I can't give you a single reason to play it. I guess we all get sick of doing the same damn thing over and over at some point. :/
  • dpr999
    dpr999
    ✭✭✭
    1. I'm having a lot of fun playing.

Oh no. I can't think of anything else to say. That means I have to quit playing. Damn!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you really need us to decide for you, or is this just an unconstructive rant? Either way, it is your choice, as it only affects you.

Edit: I forgot, Good storyline, friends in-game, especially ones you enjoy playing with, and a combat system that is light years ahead of slower games like SWTOR. Seems you are familiar with that game based on your name.

If none of those apply to you then move on as those are the only reasons to play this game (and 2 of them for playing any game). Either way it makes no difference to any of us.
    Edited by idk on April 2, 2020 5:12AM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Salix_alba wrote: »
    @JumpmanLane as much as id like to repost the quote again just re-read it I don't think you understand what I meant by 'you' specifically assuming this about everyone and honestly if you don't get that while its not just you (its also not not everyone else) that is where i have a problem.

Lots of people are actually playing the game and enjoying it i did not say there weren't any problems in the game there are and they are annoying but I at least still have fun playing the game I pvp, I pve, I craft and i even farm from time to time and I enjoy doing it I even go into dungeons vet and otherwise with friends and while I can take or leave dungeons thats just me

It is very insulting to read these posts that claim every single one of us is hating on something. and specifically you saying we aren't playing the game we are just fooling around I do take that personally. No we're playing no matter what that is and I dont rp but those people are playing also whats wrong with people making their own fun the fact that you can do that is a great thing about this game

I see you removed the quote on your end but you are still insulting a large part of the player base saying most people are mediocre. I think that's pathetic they made this game for people to have fun not to be elitist pricks.

oh yeah BTW I am not mediocre I am awesome.

Nah I'm pretty sure ZOS removed that lol. At any rate I don't contend that most players aren't playing ESO at endgame, much less endgame at a high level. ZOS CONTENDS as much and stated as much when asked why they weren't in ANY kind of rush to fix certain bugs.

I'm not judging ESO's player base, because deep in my HEART I don't care. The only judgments I'm making are of the game itself, it's play-ability in the manner in which I PLAY it, and its worth in terms of the money I spend on games in general and ESO in particular.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on April 2, 2020 5:15AM
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    1. Pies
    2. More pies
    3. Even more pies

What sort of pies

index.jpg
  • jstans_ESO
    jstans_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1) Cyrodil is broken

2) New and exciting bugs

3) Fun new random events like your skills randomly not working during combat.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    Wow just realized it's been 9 months since I played. When is that deleting of cold accounts supposed to occur? I'm going to have to redownload and login before that happens.

Cold storage is not deleting accounts but putting them on a kind of backup server - and just pull it out, if the player returns.

and ... u believe it will works flawless :D? :lol:

Well, I guess they will be able to put something from one server onto another without to delete it in the process - so yes.

just like after elsweyr release... non elsweyr accounts could make necromancer :) or like pts tested changes.... work flawless on live :lol: but yes... lets stay positive :)

There will be bugs like always -but I don't think they will loose account data - this is their income source and some players return after a long time, if the game is still there then - and ESO doesn't seem to go away anytime soon, despite the problems with cyro - most of the game works quite well. And if you believe it or not, the last 2 patches actually achieved some performance goals - at least for me it did.

Mist of the game does not work quite well. Trials are a mess, vet dungeons are partially unplayable, normal dungeons are slowly being infected, and forever loading screens in overland content coupled with abilities refusing to fire had reached overland as well. It's not nearly as bad as cyro, but this is exactly how it started there too..

The servers have reached their maximum capacity and calculation capacity. And the more changes , new sets, new dlc, new quests they introduce, the worse it's going to get. They need to replace the old server tech with new tech that can handle it, otherwise what we see in cyro, will be Overland's fate too eventually.

Not sure I agree doomer.

Trials - vCR was working fine yesterday when I played it.

Vet dungeons - totally playable all through the day

Normal dungeons - totally playable all through the day

Group finder - seems to find it harder at ‘peak’ times to create instances for already formed groups and convey ready checks (which can be ‘resolved’ by quitting the queue and rejoining it)

Long loading screens - definitely here

Non-firing abilities - not experienced them

PC EU doesn’t deal well with large numbers of players in the same place. But that has been the situation for years. Every so often it will flip its lid and just throw everyone out on the street, 304 them and require a long lie down and a stiff rebooting.

Amazingly, PC NA seems to have none of these issues, presumably because fewer players play on it and it is ZOS’s favourite.

But with the servers it is hard to know whether it is a hardware issue (which can be resolved by integrating better hardware) or a software issue (which would not be resolved by simply having more/better hardware).
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    Nada
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you try to do anything, that requires a fairly good performance youre just doomed. zos made everything worse, in pve and especially in pvp in the last months.

[Edit to remove mention of protest]

Come to Blackreach with your team.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Great story line
    2. Easy to keep multiple charakters up to date
    3. decent pvp and pve content
  • Taliho
    Taliho
    ✭✭

They are not in Cyro PvPing. They are not in vTrials pushing leader boards. They are not doing vDungeons, particularly DLC ones. ZOS can possibly make some money off of people NOT playing their game, but for every new person that buys this game, ZOS runs the risk of alienating them: as soon as a new player actually gets good at the game, reaches endgame and plays it at a high level, ALL OF THE BUGS hit them in the face.

If I don’t play how you think it should be played I’m not playing the game? Could argue that if you aren’t roleplaying then you’re not playing the game. I mean, that’s what the game is. The arrogance of this attitude is precisely the sort that makes me not care for PvP. The elitism is enough to make me back off and then not take part. You get less new players joining because of this kind of thing. For some the journey is as important as the destination.
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Creating builds - love it, to much probably.
    2. Chill out gameplay or focused challenging content.
    3. On the whole a very good community.

I complain now and again, but I love this game. My complaints come from a good place.

Having a break is never a bad thing if you aren’t currently enjoying it.

Loads of games out there.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Look at this Creation system https://youtube.com/watch?v=PgowBLb4sKw
    2. dylan
    3. dylan
    4. dylan
    5. dylan
    6. dylan
    Edited by WiseSky on April 2, 2020 10:36AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Gwynara
    Gwynara
    ✭✭✭
    1. The questing (with voiced dialog and lore books)
    2. Veteran hardmode dungeons DLC and non-DLC
    3. Collecting (motif styles, furniture patterns)
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    Wow just realized it's been 9 months since I played. When is that deleting of cold accounts supposed to occur? I'm going to have to redownload and login before that happens.

Cold storage is not deleting accounts but putting them on a kind of backup server - and just pull it out, if the player returns.

and ... u believe it will works flawless :D? :lol:

Well, I guess they will be able to put something from one server onto another without to delete it in the process - so yes.

just like after elsweyr release... non elsweyr accounts could make necromancer :) or like pts tested changes.... work flawless on live :lol: but yes... lets stay positive :)

There will be bugs like always -but I don't think they will loose account data - this is their income source and some players return after a long time, if the game is still there then - and ESO doesn't seem to go away anytime soon, despite the problems with cyro - most of the game works quite well. And if you believe it or not, the last 2 patches actually achieved some performance goals - at least for me it did.

Mist of the game does not work quite well. Trials are a mess, vet dungeons are partially unplayable, normal dungeons are slowly being infected, and forever loading screens in overland content coupled with abilities refusing to fire had reached overland as well. It's not nearly as bad as cyro, but this is exactly how it started there too..

The servers have reached their maximum capacity and calculation capacity. And the more changes , new sets, new dlc, new quests they introduce, the worse it's going to get. They need to replace the old server tech with new tech that can handle it, otherwise what we see in cyro, will be Overland's fate too eventually.

Not sure I agree doomer.

Trials - vCR was working fine yesterday when I played it.

Vet dungeons - totally playable all through the day

Normal dungeons - totally playable all through the day

Group finder - seems to find it harder at ‘peak’ times to create instances for already formed groups and convey ready checks (which can be ‘resolved’ by quitting the queue and rejoining it)

Long loading screens - definitely here

Non-firing abilities - not experienced them

PC EU doesn’t deal well with large numbers of players in the same place. But that has been the situation for years. Every so often it will flip its lid and just throw everyone out on the street, 304 them and require a long lie down and a stiff rebooting.

Amazingly, PC NA seems to have none of these issues, presumably because fewer players play on it and it is ZOS’s favourite.

But with the servers it is hard to know whether it is a hardware issue (which can be resolved by integrating better hardware) or a software issue (which would not be resolved by simply having more/better hardware).

Ah yes, the videos of people lagging in their own houses totally don't exist. It's ok, if you don't have any of these problems, congrats. T does not change the fact that enough people are having these issues that zos' has labeled it a priority fix. If they fix it is another thing.

I was questing at midnight in reapers march yesterday and streak wasn't working, frags refused to fire, abilities were grayed out.

Many end game guilds have reported the trial issues

Dungeons are not as effected but it's extremely prevalent

Denying this is how it started in cyro is just ridiculous, because as someone who has played since beta, I can say 100% that is exactly how it started. It wasn't super visible at first, but eventually it snowballed.

But insulting people and calling them names is a good way to have no one take you serious.