Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Give me 3 good Reasons to play ESO right now

TheMightyRevan
TheMightyRevan
✭✭✭
be honest, think about the current performance and all the previous promises from zos
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the game is fun play it.

If not then don't.

Only you know the answer for you.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order for us to provide you with good reasons, you need to tell us more about what you consider a good reason. It's not hard to find reasons - certainly more than a paltry three. But whether or not they are "good" in your opinion will depend on what you personally are looking for in a game and why you play games. We can't read your mind.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no ones holding a gun to your head. Play whatever you want.

When you find a game that can replace the eso sized hole in your heart let me know.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you enjoy a game that is reason enough to play it. If you don't enjoy a game then that is reason enough not to play it.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    :shrug:

Personal preference, personal experience, personal game play style.

Does it suck for some players? Yes, undoubtedly.

Does it work fine for some players? Yes, undoubtedly. [played for about 4 hours straight today so far]

I can't give you reasons to play; first you won't listen because "I play pve and haven't had any issues with it" isn't what you want to hear. Second, I don't touch pvp, which is usually what the OMG TEH GAME IS BORKED FIX YOUR POS GAME ZOS!!!!!!!! complaints are about. Thirdly; if the game is such a bad experience for you perhaps its time to move on and find a game that meets your requirements. If you are no longer having fun playing, there is nothing anyone could give as valid reasons for you to go against your own feelings and start/keep playing.
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are none
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing better yet.
    You can't stop.
    What else are you going to do anyway.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigertron wrote: »
    You can't stop.

i still really enjoy eso and will continue to play it

but ooooofff m&b bannerlord just came out, and honestly, warband was probably the most fun i ever had in any multiplayer experience EVER

and its really fun as single player too... and apparently they are working on a lord of the rings mod
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on March 31, 2020 6:14PM
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭
    if you try to do anything, that requires a fairly good performance youre just doomed. zos made everything worse, in pve and especially in pvp in the last months.

[Edit to remove mention of protest]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on March 31, 2020 7:43PM
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a mess for sure in some places, BUT there's nothing out there better, and from an overland questing perspective it looks amazing.
    Cyrodiil is still the best PvP ive done since the early WOW Alterac Valley days, it just needs fixing.

Be Safe
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no thanks.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sad, that I can't come up with 3 good reasons.

1. If you like PvE
    2. If you like PvP and enjoy pressing a button 5 times to make a skill animation go off.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Buying things from players is super easy and definitely not super convoluted and requires third party software to do it effectively.

2. The dynamic PvP of the game is super fluid and rarely ever has issues performance wise in the game's 6 year history.

3. The combat of the game has very gradual changes so that players are definitely not shell-shocked every 3 months with catastrophic changes to how combat is done.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fun factor of this game has dropped by 90%. I might be able to squeeze out an hour of fun here and there, but the performance is killing the fun as soon as a few more ppl start logging in to pvp. Also the current balance and meta is dead boring, as a side note.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, because:
    1. You've watched everything available on Netflix, Amazon and Hulu.
    2. You have found the last page of the Internet.
    3. You can't leave the house.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigertron wrote: »
    You can't stop.

Best Answer ^
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    be honest, think about the current performance and all the previous promises from zos

The question and the opening post make it sound like you don't actually want to play, but would rather just stir people up for fun.
    (i.e., you already know the responses you're going to get.)
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭

You DO realize that you are posting the same threads we've had to read since the game came out, don't you?
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 Alliances:
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ebonheart Pact
    Daggerfall Covenant

>:)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its simple. There is no alternative.
    Thats why the game gets so bad, no alternative -> no competition.
    Edited by L_Nici on March 31, 2020 7:20PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Taliho
    Taliho
    ✭✭
    Not sure it would benefit the community to do so.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires, skooma and natch potes
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can Pie RPer's right now
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    If you enjoy a game that is reason enough to play it. If you don't enjoy a game then that is reason enough not to play it.

Exactly and there are no rules for how to play it as well - there are plenty of ways to enjoy ESO without to even do what most do in the game - there are even people who just use ESO as a backdrop for their theatrical role play, never interested into skills or leveling up - those have fun as well.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Real Gamepad support

2) gamepad UI

3) did i mention gamepads ?

Anything else is a matter of taste or if you are a vet or new player. For new players the question is to find reasons to not play.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Feed greedy company - that dont listen customers :disappointed:
    Get toxic injection from haters from all over Cyrodiil :)
    Finally ! get killed by NPC/Player coz ur skills stopped working then get hate whispers coz u got finally killed! and... the cherry on cake! TE@-Bag by thoose toxic players as trophy of ur bad-luck =) (i mean their pro victory)
    Edited by Curious_Death on April 1, 2020 7:58AM
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Pies
    2. More pies
    3. Even more pies
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    ...and that's pretty much it.

I hardly listen to the naysayers, and I still have fun playing ESO, levelling some alts, doing some questing on them I had been putting off, chasing motiv pages, taking time exploring places, smelling the flowers then gathering them for my alchemists, redoing a outfit here and there, farming for the last piece of some overland set I wanted on some alt, etc.

You see if its fun for you.
    If it is, then that is the only reason you need to play, if it isn't, then no reason is enough.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People who support this game in its current state aren't ACTUALLY playing the game. They are standing around tallking to other folks or picking flowers or role playing or doing dolmens or something. THEY ARE NOT PLAYING THE GAME ON ANY KIND OF HIGH LEVEL. That much must be made clear.

They are not in Cyro PvPing. They are not in vTrials pushing leader boards. They are not doing vDungeons, particularly DLC ones. ZOS can possibly make some money off of people NOT playing their game, but for every new person that buys this game, ZOS runs the risk of alienating them: as soon as a new player actually gets good at the game, reaches endgame and plays it at a high level, ALL OF THE BUGS hit them in the face.

ZOS mentioned in their announcements concerning testing the changes to light and heavy attacks that the climb was steep and most didn't enjoy the climb. How much is any new player going to enjoy "the climb" when once they reach the mountain top the game stops working lol.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on April 2, 2020 2:01AM