The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does two handed weapon and Dual-Wield wapwon build has a lots damage difference in PVE?

ericshug
ericshug
Which build better in solo public dungeon and solo world boss?
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With public dungeons and most world bosses it doesn't really matter, they are brain dead easy with whatever weapon you prefer.
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    To give a slightly more nuanced answer than the above reply, they are both fine and comparable. For the content you're describing, I'd suggest going with a 2-hander since brawler morph of cleave is very good at surviving against large numbers of mobs, and wrecking blow is a simple but very effective single target spammable.
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will find 2h and dw parses online are about the same give or take like 1-2%.

2h however is much easier to sustain.
    • +30% stam regen after any kill for 10s.
    • Executioner is about 40% cheaper than the cost of Whirling Blades as an execute.
    • 2h has aoe built into weaving while dw you need to spend resources to get aoe dmg via Whirling Blades, although it is a little more powerful. Deadly Cloak is an option for passive aoe dmg/mitigation.
    • Brawler provides much stronger active defence rather than Blade Cloak passive defence.
    I still like dw better, but damn, it's much harder to sustain with the same build. Rapid Strikes beats out Wrecking Blow in real content because of being able to be more mobile and responsive. You will find Wrecking Blow needs to be cancelled for a dodge roll or block, you can get interupted and lose all the benefit from the cast time. Flurry only takes 0.6s to get it's full damage out and about half the damage is gradual through the first 4 hits.

Double the mats and rng to get the dw you need though. Still don't understand this part.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on March 31, 2020 10:10AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ericshug wrote: »
    Which build better in solo public dungeon and solo world boss?

Two handed is better. There is finisher, heal, shield, sustain and conical LA. That doesnt mean you cant have other well working builds for public dungeons and world bosses. For a while i had a dual wield/two handed build.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Without brawler, a lot of tougher solo content will just cream you.

I prefer the combat style of bloodthirst self healing but it's really hard to survive without a reliable damage shield.
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that Rally is an amazing skill. I sometimes use 2h just for that.
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really both are capable of doing any of the content stated above. I definitely wouldn't say that 2h are just flat out better than DW like some of the comments above. I will say that two-handed abilities lead more straightforward and easy to understand combat.

Example: Damage Mitigation
    Two Handers - Brawler, the only real stamina shield (bones shield of course, but lets be honest, not enough bang for buck as stamina). A skill in which you simple walk up to enemy swing you're mighty sword/axe/club and gain a mythical veil of sweat that forms around your body from all the gloriousness that is your massive cleave. What does this mythical veil of sweat do, you say? Well it protects you from your enemies blows for a short while. That's right, nothing can truly harm you for as long as this shiny, glistening veil is around your skin. And if you go above and beyond, truly driving yourself to exertion by hitting multiple foes at one, the bond between your sweat glands and yourself increases. Increasing the potency of veil of sweat to even higher levels. Protecting you from even greater harms. Yes, with the right number of enemies, you can become truly invincible.

Duel Wielding - Deadly/Quick Cloak, a good tool for evading damage in the forms of AoE. A skill that's allows to you dash around your opponents, all the while slicing and dicing all that come near. How is this possible? How can one person do both at once? Well first one must make a choice. Do you wish to be able to dodge and weave out of almost any situation? Then you must enhance your mind and body. You've trained to undergo short periods of extreme exertion. Allowing you to run faster, avoiding danger and escaping from tricky situations. Or do you wish you cause as much damage as possible when surrounded by enemies? Then you've enhanced yours body in such a way that allows you to attack faster, nearly double that of your previous self. Now you're truly a force to be reckoned with, as you can slice and dice any opponents who dare come near you. But is this that all your training left you? No, not by a long shot. Regardless of the path you take, when faced with even an endless hail of arrows, you cannot be stopped. As you have trained to stop any wide ranged attacks aimed at vitals, minimizing the amount and enemy can truly do to you with such frivolous attempts.

(Sorry, I started and I just couldn't stop myself).

This is basically my fun of way of saying that damage mitigation for two handers is literally running up to enemies and beating them down with a massive cleave that gives you a shield. Damage mitigation for duel wielding is to help reduce the damage from aoe attacks while also providing you with tools to help you fight in a way you see fit. Whether it be running around/away your enemies in hopes of regrouping or picking them off. Or if you want to stand and fight in place while doing as much damage as you can to those around you.

Now some would say that the 2h just straight wins in the damage mitigation fight, and it is true the shield from brawler can prevent a lot of damage, but it is very situational. When facing against only one enemy, the shield doesn't do much. So now you may say, well instead of just preventing all damage in certain situations, why don't I minimize a damage type that is commonly found in all fights, while giving me other tools to use.

In the end, it comes down to how you want to play then game and how you interpret the use of weapon skills. This was just a very small glimpse into how I see each weapons line. I see as two-handers as a way to beat down opponents with brute force and dual-wielding as a class that nibbles away at opponents with a larger variety of tactics. But that is me and you must find your own meaning to each of the skills.
    Edited by ShadowKyuubi on April 4, 2020 4:55PM