Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Does anyone actually want the new heavy attack meta go on live?

Maxdevil
Maxdevil
✭✭✭
After seeing the new trial sets that rely on heavy attack I am pretty sure zos want to make it the new meta. So I am wondering if anyone is for the new changes I personally think that this should never happen because we are already fine with the light attack system. You can explain your poll choice if you want to...
Here is the link Below to the patch note of light and heavy attacks
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/517545/pts-patch-notes-testing-ideas-for-light-heavy-attacks-in-combat
"Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
Pc-Na

Does anyone actually want the new heavy attack meta go on live? 117 votes

For the new heavy attack meta
16%
Nemesis7884OlauronsunshineflameKelOhtimbarmzprxJim_PippDark_Lord_KuroVonnegut2506ParadisiustuxonUryelNoxavianInspiral808AscarlphoenixkungfuTheJTOONEric_Princedrakthir 19 votes
The game is already fine
49%
Moloch1514xaraanArrodisiamartinhpb16_ESOstevenyaub16_ESOtsuaa53gitch2TBoisyRavenparpinSosRuvaakSanctum74QbikenarvillablkjagLiquidPonySilverIce58Princess_Ciriefkan64Igrayne 58 votes
Other
34%
ItsMeTooRikumaruNeillMcAttackKiramekuidkMalmaitechnohicTandorDukeDiewalkerredspecter23VaranaKr3doKonstant_Tel_NecrisdakkiiiTommy_The_GunGagginBigBadVolkSeminolegirl1992SilverPawsLeeched 40 votes
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    it will happen because this changes were considered, planed, and signed by bosses long time ago. personally i don't care. i want performance fixes
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Performance.
    Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't care...

I will weave and reap the benefits regardless.

I just want a playable cyrodiil
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    To be fair on the new sets:

Roar of alkosh....i mean roar of opportunity is prolly not a DPS set. It will be thrown on support. I really really bet they punned the name on purpose.

Tanks having to use HA is fine.

The only ones that really have to are stam DPS, which I think needs to be changed.

The idea of using HA to isn't that bad, If it was simply Deal Crit damage -> Build weapon damage -> HA to transform in burst sustain for X seconds <Similar in logic to Moon Dancer Sustain vs Damage>, then it would be fine. Also not knowing what X time is makes it hard to judge. Especially thinking of HA's in a rotation. Is it once every 45 seconds you HA to reapply the DPS buff? 20? 30?
    Edited by karekiz on March 30, 2020 3:34PM
    Options
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The meta will still be LA weaving, not heavy attacking.

Personally, i don’t mind the whole “raising the floor thing”, I just don’t believe they are anywhere near where they need to be. And I don’t like the fact that everyone’s dps is getting another heavy hit.

So in short, no, at least not it’s current iteration.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't care at this point.
    Options
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is already fine
    Starting to feel old to be honest. "Fixing what isn't broken - not fixing what is broken", that's the ZOS philosophy, and it's literally true.

I really don't like these ideas. Heavy attacks not returning any resources, light attacks returning tiny amounts, reducing our freedom to play the game the way we want, and at the same time satisfying the will of... None but themselves.

We saw how they messed up block just now.
    No longer possible to dismount by tapping LT, no longer possible to block a fall (yes, like 2-3 meters, then your character let go and just fall), longer pause between block when you switch bar, block symbol getting stuck in front of you. "We believe you'll like it better!" I think they even said. No. Block was FINE, now it is not...
    Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I like HA builds so I can better focus on mechanics, and I don't enjoy the finger game that comes with LA builds.

However I dont think light attacks should be nerfed as far as they are now, and I prefer heavy attacks resoring resources, personally. Not like my opinion matters though.
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    Options
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is already fine
    Now that vampire don't give regen anymore i'm obligate to accept this ***, at least i can use bi-stat food again
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
    Options
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't care anymore. Already quit eso+ and will uninstall once those changes go live
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
    Options
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Leeched wrote: »
    I don't care anymore. Already quit eso+ and will uninstall once those changes go live

Same. I'm too tired to care at this point.
    Options
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the intent behind these changes and I’m willing to give it a chance. The main benefit for me is that reduced reliance on light attacks will be less physically painful. Also, a major shakeup might alleviate my growing boredom with ESO.
    forever stuck in combat
    Options
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I love the HA changes. This won't change my play style.

HA is not a meta.

I like pizza too.

Pizza is OP, but don't nerf pizza.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I didn't but something someone wrote made me change my mind. It's a HEAVY attack, it should at least be close to equal to, equal to, or more damage over a period of time than a light attack.

Just a generalization here....
    I make three heavy attacks and do 20k dmg in 3 seconds
    I make 9 light attacks and do 20 dmg in 3 seconds

I should NOT be....
    I make three heavy attacks and do 12k dmg in 3 seconds

unless you add in set bonuses which then muddy the waters, right now heavy attacks i just use them for regaining resources not for damage so either change the name to resource replenishment OR make them actually count for damage
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on March 30, 2020 5:00PM
    Options
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    They need to fix what's broken first, but they're not. They're going to milk Skyrim to death, and are going to dumb this game down to be even more of a cosmetic moneymaker for the new "nostalgia" people. I'm not even going to bother ordering it if it goes live. I'm already exhausted from trying to find people to run trials with, since people can barely be bothered to play as it is on PS4. I'm just tired of what this game has become after 5 years. It's not worth it anymore. I just...stopped caring.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy attacks are not even meta on the PTS. Light Attacks are much worse than live, and heavy attack builds are still behind Light Attack builds. The real question is whether we want large DPS nerfs again, like we saw in Dragonhold and Morrowind, with more significant impact to tanks and healers as well.

I have no problem with ZOS buffing heavy attacks, but the 78% reduction in Light Attack damage is unnecessary.
    Options
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    The game is already fine
    @Veinblood1965
    you are saying heavy attack are not strong enough, ok yeah I think they can buff it a little but then why are you nerfing light attack by 80% it’s probably one of the most drastic nerf in eso.In pvp heavy attack can do better sometimes than light attacks because it hit already harder than a light attack so you can have better burst and if you are playing 2handed wich is pretty meta for stamina you are getting more damage after dealing a Heavy attack.
    Edited by Maxdevil on March 30, 2020 6:01PM
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game is already fine
    At first I didn't but something someone wrote made me change my mind. It's a HEAVY attack, it should at least be close to equal to, equal to, or more damage over a period of time than a light attack.

Just a generalization here....
    I make three heavy attacks and do 20k dmg in 3 seconds

I should NOT be....
    I make three heavy attacks and do 12k dmg in 3 seconds

unless you add in set bonuses which then muddy the waters, right now heavy attacks i just use them for regaining resources not for damage so either change the name to resource replenishment OR make them actually count for damage

What you propose here will do Nothing to make heavy attacks more meta. What you forgot is that less time spent charging a heavy means more spellcasts.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • DukeDiewalker
    DukeDiewalker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Block (AC) changes killed the game for me.
    The game will never be fine
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I prefer Code's suggestion over this one. However, I really voted other as OP biased the poll with their opinion to begin with.
    Options
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It will go through even if 99% of the feedback to it was negative. Just look at cast time's on ultimates and the response from zos.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, you won't - that is like quitting smoking - those setting a date in the future for it, will never achieve it. If you would be serious you would have stopped playing already.
    Options
  • Scottfree2
    Scottfree2
    ✭✭✭
    After decades of gaming my hands are too wrecked to allow fast button mashing combat, so i use heavy attack builds, and therefore the last thing i want is to be forced to do a lot of light attacks to restore resources, so hoping this doesnt go live.
    Options
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, bite me. Took them only a few years, but they finally realised that when you put strength and weight into a strike, it's actually exhausting, and quick and light strikes don't deal much damage but allow you to conserve your stamina.

There is still hope that they come to their senses and make Bosmers stealthy again some day around 2024, then.
    Edited by Uryel on March 30, 2020 7:08PM
    Options
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Lysette wrote: »

No, you won't - that is like quitting smoking - those setting a date in the future for it, will never achieve it. If you would be serious you would have stopped playing already.

But I did? LMAO
    I came back end of December last year from a 6 months break and stopped playing since Harrowstorm and the block changes went live.
    There is literally NOTHING in this game anymore I enjoy. PvP dead cause performance made most people leave. PvE dead for me and my friends cause of stupid combat changes like the block changes and now this crap here.
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The swapping of heavy and light attack functionality feels like change for the sake of change that doesn't actually fix the problems ZOS says they want to fix while potentially adding a bunch more. I don't think it will be a positive change overall, even if it is positive for some.

I also don't think the game is "fine" so I can't select the second option either. I do think that the mechanics we currently have for light and heavy attacks aren't any worse than the proposal though.

If ZOS honestly wants to make it more intuitive, they need to make lights and heavies function the same way (and scale) rather than have them invisibly do things that beginners will never know about as it isn't mentioned anywhere they would be looking.
    Options
  • dakkiii
    dakkiii
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    The game is not fine. It is broken - last big patch broke abilities from firing, bar swap and animations are out of sync.

The current use of LA & HA is fine, not the game.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I really don't care. Maybe if they get to a working game I will wish I cared, but not caring seems to be best.
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the suggestion itself is not too bad, the problem is as usual execution.

Only as long as they give the damage lost back to abilities.

Also a few other points.

1 Either both heavy and light give sustain, or none of them do, but baseline sustain is increased.

2 Either buff heavy attacks and that's it, or if you really want to nerf light attacks, please give the damage to abilities.

I will not be repeating myself too many times, iv'e already made a suggestion more complete than this one of the original pts forum.
    Edited by JinMori on March 30, 2020 8:35PM
    Options