Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Hey ZOS, I think there's still a couple of NB skills you forgot to give to all the other classes.

Langeston
Langeston
✭✭✭✭✭
You might want to get on that.

[edit] In case anyone is wondering what I am referring to, these are the latest of the two skills that ZOS decided all the other classes need to have, so they ripped them right out of the NB toolkit.:
nAnteV1.png
RlKvBIT.png

At this point, NBs are only good for RP.
Edited by Langeston on March 30, 2020 9:15PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were to nitpick, the last 2 remaining is Soul Tether and Sap Essence. Other than that I can not think of a NB skill that would be either useless or already copied / had better commonly available weapon / guild / world skill.
    Options
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like the NB abilities, but arguably much stronger. yay!
    Options
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :|

The series of giving everything away from NB just continues.. Fear Evil was just a start as i said then, i knew they gonna also make an universal Cloak soon (that can also be done while using something better than Invis pots).

What is the point of NB class anymore? Seriously?

They need to make a full NB rework pretty much. NB is now only couple decent passives and thats it.
    Options
  • RaunHunter
    RaunHunter
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not a fan of this at all. But someone did mention that the new Vampire skill line is undoubtedly going to have it when there was a call for more accessible invisibility. I thought it would be an active, if at all. It's a passive, lol. Literally no reason to pick NB any more except for nostalgia.
    Lesson #1: Red means dead.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

The series of giving everything away from NB just continues.. Fear Evil was just a start as i said then, i knew they gonna also make an universal Cloak soon (that can also be done while using something better than Invis pots).

They need to make a full NB rework pretty much. NB is now only couple decent passives and thats it.

The saddest part is that it is way better than NB cloak. It is a passive, that activate when you are sprinting. No need to re-cast every 2.8 seconds. No need to practise it. No need to learn it. No global cool-down wasted. Just brain-dead easy to use "toggle"... I don't know what to say.
    Options
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet. Time to turn my cowards gear build into a vampire. Stealth farming ftw!
    Options
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a sad day.
    Options
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The saddest part is that it is way better than NB cloak. It is a passive, that activate when you are sprinting. No need to re-cast every 2.8 seconds. No need to practise it. No need to learn it. No global cool-down wasted. Just brain-dead easy to use "toggle"... I don't know what to say.

Now just think: if the amount of time it takes before that sprint invis kicks in is about 3 seconds then which class can be invisible during those 3 seconds. It would be an almost perfect synergy.
    Options
  • RaunHunter
    RaunHunter
    ✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Now just think: if the amount of time it takes before that sprint invis kicks in is about 3 seconds then which class can be invisible during those 3 seconds. It would be an almost perfect synergy.

You cannot sprint with Cloak. It kicks you out of invisibility. So, this is far better by removing the one weakness NB Cloak had.
    Edited by RaunHunter on March 30, 2020 3:58PM
    Options
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [ laughs in dragon knight ]
    Edited by M_Volsung on March 30, 2020 4:00PM
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah can't have a snare on Mass Hysteria because it's too powerful to have it occur after a stun but let's just give it to Vampires.

They have zero originality. All their ideas come from stripping NBs of what they had.
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB should really get a rework. Almost everything the class has is somewhere else to find in a much stronger version.
    Options
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaunHunter wrote: »

You cannot sprint with Cloak. It kicks you out of invisibility. So, this is far better by removing the one weakness NB Cloak had.

So this rolls together both cloak and concealed weapon? Or does a vampire nb cloak-sprint at horse speed?
    Options
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look what they're doing to my girl, if i had a damn class change tolken i would make her a warden, can't delete because she's my 9 traits crafter
    Edited by yRaven on March 30, 2020 4:06PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New vamp invisibility will synergise best with: Warden, Necro and Sorc, obviously.
    Options
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I guess I never actually tried that even though I've been playing a NB for years...
    Options
  • RaunHunter
    RaunHunter
    ✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »

So this rolls together both cloak and concealed weapon? Or does a vampire nb cloak-sprint at horse speed?

I would assume the 25% speed boost from Concealed Weapon does apply when invis-sprinting as well, so yes.
    Options
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this vampire skill-line is locked behind the chapter purchase or will it be new base game content?
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    So this vampire skill-line is locked behind the chapter purchase or will it be new base game content?

Vampire rework should be base game.
    Options
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    Zos you can make a lot more money by allowing to gift houses by selling radiant apex for 5k gems but you will loose lot of money with your nerfs about class. Stop trying to over balance the game like this by killing a class identity it's a very bad idea for gameplay and bad business plan too.
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine how OP that would be with the cowards set, 30% speed boost when sprinting + Invisibility.
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How? I read somewhere it takes 8 sec of continuous sprinting.
    How is that in any way, shape or form better then just insta ability.
    If it was 2 sec, then maybe, but still not as good as Cloak since it would be way more predictable.

Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We need to rename Elder Scrolls Online to Elder Vampires Online :D
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, not a fan of this at all. But someone did mention that the new Vampire skill line is undoubtedly going to have it when there was a call for more accessible invisibility. I thought it would be an active, if at all. It's a passive, lol. Literally no reason to pick NB any more except for nostalgia.

Sprinting for x seconds vs a button press that removes dots and last longer.

Yup, NBs are dead now that every class has access to mediocre, breakable invis that costs more than cloak. Whatever will they do???
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How would invis from sprinting even work? Wouldn’t sprinting kick you out of invis?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • RaunHunter
    RaunHunter
    ✭✭✭

Yup, NBs are dead now that every class has access to mediocre, breakable invis that costs more than cloak. Whatever will they do???

How is "virtually as long as you can sprint" shorter than 3 seconds? Also, Vampires also have a skill that removes dots. It reads 'Mist Form'. Costs more? It doesn't cost anything, except the stamina cost for sprinting, which everyone else has to pay as well. Breakable invis? Cloak is breakable as well; in fact, it breaks on sprinting, when in combat, and is still bug-ridden. So... Virtually everything you said is invalid.
    Edited by RaunHunter on March 30, 2020 5:27PM
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny thing about cloak removing DoTs, remember why ZOS made it work that way? They weren't able to uncouple taking damage from breaking invisibility. Something tells me this new passive will work in a very similar way.
    Options
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait cloak removes dots..... I thought it only supresses them..... Also this invisinility will most likely also supress dots because zos can not get invis to work while damage is ticking on you
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait cloak removes dots..... I thought it only supresses them..... Also this invisinility will most likely also supress dots because zos can not get invis to work while damage is ticking on you
    Cloak is suppressing dots, not removing them. At least by design, because right now it is bugged and everything breaks it...

In the "ancient" times, cloak had a build in purge instead of dot suppression, so it was removing like maybe 5 negative effects (If I remember correctly). So if you had more than 5 dots, you would have to cast it 2 or maybe even 3 times.
    Long story short: ZOS could not code it properly (it worked sometimes, and sometimes it did not) so they converted into dot suppression... but somehow their coding skills got worse because (as mentioned above), now that does not work either lol.
    Options
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that would actually make this right is something they should have done long ago buff cloak give us our purge back no one can deny nb cloak is weak against any good players.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.