The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Greymoor - New trial sets heavy attack based, so the new changes are going ahead regardless?

Dogzey
Dogzey
✭✭✭
As the title says. Will any player feedback matter if they have already planned the next updates content around it.
PS4 EU [810CP] - (Clairvoyance)

PvE High Elf Mag DK - Irelia Dragneel (Voice of Reason) (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
PvE Orc Stam DK - Minato Uzamaki
PvE Breton Templar - Ashura Namikaze (Voice of Reason)
PvE Altmer Magcro - Zeref Dragneel
PvE Orc Stamcro - Saphira Dragonsbane (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
PvE Orc Stam Sorc - Laxus Dreyar
PvE Imperial DK Tank- Tartarus the Abyss
PvE Dumner Magblade - Apex the Destroyer (Flawless Conqueror)
PvE/PVP Orc Stamblade - IIzuna Uchiha
PvE Altmer Warden Healer - Lady Netch

PVP Dumner Mag DK - Lady Embers

Clears
vAS HM
vMoL HM
vHoF HM
vCR +1
vSS
Craglorns HM
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And planned well in advance.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair what did you expect, ZOS ignores the majority of feedback that is given to them. Making threads to provide feedback is just to give players a feeling that their opinions matter, when in reality ZOS doesn't really care.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    To be fair what did you expect, ZOS ignores the majority of feedback that is given to them. Making threads to provide feedback is just to give players a feeling that their opinions matter, when in reality ZOS doesn't really care.

Community scepticism venerated (again). Or maybe these new sets are intended to provide a BIS alternative to lower apm players?
    Edited by mairwen85 on March 30, 2020 1:12PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

Community scepticism venerated (again). Or maybe these new sets are intended to provide a BIS alternative to lower apm players?

Just scrap this APM arguments, they're bad scapegoats for something else that ZOS doesn't publicly want to come out with. And the changes proposed to Light- and heavy attacks are bad in every single way possible and doesn't adress the gap between the "low tier" and "high tier" camps of the player base...
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Just scrap this APM arguments, they're bad scapegoats for something else that ZOS doesn't publicly want to come out with. And the changes proposed to Light- and heavy attacks are bad in every single way possible and doesn't adress the gap between the "low tier" and "high tier" camps of the player base...

I'm not disagreeing with you. Soon as I saw the proposed changes, I new the next chapter would be all sets designed explicitly around them.

For the record, I don't support the changes either.
    Edited by mairwen85 on March 30, 2020 1:18PM
  • Dogzey
    Dogzey
    ✭✭✭

APM argument is a terrible one and is a scapegoat. They have literally ignored the actual issue which they said on stream last year would be addressed this year sometime which is CP.

Clears
    vAS HM
    vMoL HM
    vHoF HM
    vCR +1
    vSS
    Craglorns HM
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was there ever a doubt?
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And yet again major slayer sets like master architect and war machine made useless with 12 man slayer set, can we sometimes get anything unique or interesting and not butcher older ones yet again?
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jesus Christ, guys! Can't we just LOL at sarcasm anymore?

Answer is, these changes were planned several months back, an entire chapter's worth of gear is perfectly tuned to them -- so no, our feedback means nothing. As per usual, and there's nothing we can do about it but take the *** out of the apm argument and any other BS that ZOS want to sling at this.
  • Dogzey
    Dogzey
    ✭✭✭

Answer is, these changes were planned several months back, an entire chapter's worth of gear is perfectly tuned to them -- so no, our feedback means nothing. As per usual, and there's nothing we can do about it but take the *** out of the apm argument and any other BS that ZOS want to sling at this.

Awful job at conveying sarcasm in the first comment. /s may have helped.

Clears
    vAS HM
    vMoL HM
    vHoF HM
    vCR +1
    vSS
    Craglorns HM
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dogzey wrote: »

I think you're directing that frustration at the wrong target. When people start griping at those in agreement with them, there's some deep rooted issues at play.

The whole off-cycle PTS (as well every PTS cycle)is a farce, as I have said repeatedly in previous posts.
  • Dogzey
    Dogzey
    ✭✭✭
    Dogzey wrote: »

I think you're directing that frustration at the wrong target. When people start griping at those in agreement with them, there's some deep rooted issues at play.

The whole off-cycle PTS (as well every PTS cycle)is a farce, as I have said repeatedly in previous posts.

Relaaaaaaxxxxx all I am saying is if 2 people didn't pick up on sarcasm it obviously doesn't come across as it. No deep routed issues or frustration.

I agree as you can see.
    Edited by Dogzey on March 30, 2020 1:34PM

Clears
    vAS HM
    vMoL HM
    vHoF HM
    vCR +1
    vSS
    Craglorns HM
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new trial sets are both boring and BiS :unamused: I dislike everything about their design.

Should instead be unique and fun to use+strong. Like Elfbane.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, awesome. On DD side, as a magblade whose only group utility is (or soon used to be) Master Architect, I'm so-o looking forward to have this last bit taken away. Thank you, ZOS. Thank you.

And yes, pretty much was obvious that players' opinion does not matter. Q.E.D.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well thats surprising (not) whoever couldve predicted that result.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you guys finding info about new trial sets?
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Of course your feedbacks means a lot

1. You overnerf ability/skill/whatever by an insane amount.
    2. You decrease said nerf by a nice 25%. I mean 25%!
    3. Peeps feel they won!
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man, why does stamina always get the best sets?

On the diversity side, why is there the same BiS sets for every class instead of having unique BiS options for each class.

• Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Man, why does stamina always get the best sets?

On the diversity side, why is there the same BiS sets for every class instead of having unique BiS options for each class.

Maybe not this time. That new stam set looks like stamina’s answer to moon dancer.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »

Of course your feedbacks means a lot

1. You overnerf ability/skill/whatever by an insane amount.
    2. You decrease said nerf by a nice 25%. I mean 25%!
    3. Peeps feel they won!

:lol: funny because it's true.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, awesome. On DD side, as a magblade whose only group utility is (or soon used to be) Master Architect, I'm so-o looking forward to have this last bit taken away. Thank you, ZOS. Thank you.

You are still going to potentially need MA in a group to rotate in when off balance and the set is on cooldown.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet again major slayer sets like master architect and war machine made useless with 12 man slayer set, can we sometimes get anything unique or interesting and not butcher older ones yet again?

^ this. Depending on buff duration, this will either be a useless set, or completely replace Master Architect and Lokkestiiz (I can’t even say War Machine because that set has been dead since Elsweyr). How about a different buff?

Also let’s not force the heavy attacking off-balance enemies. Yes we all know this has been a mechanic for years, no we still don’t want to stop our DPS rotations and heavy attack 2-3 times every 22s.

It’s also problematic that the trial set for mag DPS is a buff set that can only be used by one player. It will likely end up a healer meta set, and mag DPS won’t get a new trial set (flashbacks to IA, and Scalebreaker dungeon sets).
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ this. Depending on buff duration, this will either be a useless set, or completely replace Master Architect and Lokkestiiz (I can’t even say War Machine because that set has been dead since Elsweyr). How about a different buff?

Also let’s not force the heavy attacking off-balance enemies. Yes we all know this has been a mechanic for years, no we still don’t want to stop our DPS rotations and heavy attack 2-3 times every 22s.

It’s also problematic that the trial set for mag DPS is a buff set that can only be used by one player. It will likely end up a healer meta set, and mag DPS won’t get a new trial set (flashbacks to IA, and Scalebreaker dungeon sets).

Agreed, looks like more of a healer set than dps
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, looks like more of a healer set than dps

If the changes go through as they currently stand, there will be no need for Worm and/or Hircine (maybe even Hollowfang) on healers, so we at least will have the gear space to run it.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Piouspoppy41355
    Piouspoppy41355
    Soul Shriven
    Honestly 90% of me knew that pts cycle was confirmed, this just confirms and keeps with my decision to leave eso. ZOS will lie to our faces and give us false hope just to crush it as they have no care for anyone who actually does content. Only the people who complain about content being difficult. It wouldn't be so bad if ZOS just said hey we cater to the RP and Story aspect, don't dance around and act like you care about end game PvE or PvP at all.
  • DustyWarehouse
    DustyWarehouse
    ✭✭✭
    I'll wait for the first Greymoor PTS before I make any judgements, but right now it feels like we've been straight up lied to. Again.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

You are still going to potentially need MA in a group to rotate in when off balance and the set is on cooldown.

Only if the new set will be like Nahviintaas, with tiny uptime. But if it has separate cooldowns on multiple targets, it won't be an issue to keep nearly 100% uptime on it, so MA/WM, and even Lokke will just grow obsolete.