Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

i think zos should make an indicator for switching realms/instances

VividMind
VividMind
✭✭✭
basically what i'm trying to say is. Right now if you're in a group with a friend and they're in a different "instance" or realm whatever you wanna call it, if they're in a different whatever well it doesn't say you are or they are nothing the only way to notice or tell is only if you just see your friend invisible. now imagine what new players would be thinking if they came across this without being aware about it? huh? they would probably think the game is broken? Maybe? isn't there hotfix's shouldn't hotfix's/small patch's actually fix bugs that affect gameplay? cause there is still a bug in the game that makes your character walk/sprint on your mount while riding it and that's been there how long now?
Edited by VividMind on March 30, 2020 3:34PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friends and I had a very amusing example of this. We were all going to exp farm Forgotten Wastes together in two groups of two, right? We roll up on the same boss - they are nowhere to be found and since I brought the only real DD of the party, they wipe miserably.

"Where were you? You were supposed to kill the boss?"
    "I did! You guys weren't there."
    "What's going on?"

Yep, we'd wound up in separate instances!
    Options
  • VividMind
    VividMind
    ✭✭✭
    My friends and I had a very amusing example of this. We were all going to exp farm Forgotten Wastes together in two groups of two, right? We roll up on the same boss - they are nowhere to be found and since I brought the only real DD of the party, they wipe miserably.

"Where were you? You were supposed to kill the boss?"
    "I did! You guys weren't there."
    "What's going on?"

Yep, we'd wound up in separate instances!

not even surprised lol, but no like this is such a basic and simple addition that should be added so it's not any confusion for new players. cause i myself had to find that out Myself lol same with my friend so i mean if they want it new player friendly or whatever they could at least make it so they give people a better understanding of the game's basics like that there should be a basic understanding of the game but there is no information about it what so ever it's like you have to find out yourself which isn't good cause new players can even be frustrated by it or think of anything wrong about it and make them quit the game and leave that's losing money and a community partner thx for a small simple change that should be added like i don't understand zos dude i see a lot of people be passive aggressive on forums you can't be straight honest or zos get's mad i seen it so many times. i wanna speak out on the issues i keep getting into constantly they're ruining the potential of the game and i love eso i even want more people to play like really, i'm even from beta and through out my experience i just wish zos will get their things together and fix what can be amazing ugh it isn't even just this simple thing there is so much that could be done to this game that can make it amazing but whatever zos
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the game not ask any more if you want to move to your group member(s)? When I grouped with a friend for his help to kill the boss in the Psijic quest line shortly after I started playing the game, I got a notification that we were in separate instances, and then asked if I wanted to move to his instance.
    Options
  • VividMind
    VividMind
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Does the game not ask any more if you want to move to your group member(s)? When I grouped with a friend for his help to kill the boss in the Psijic quest line shortly after I started playing the game, I got a notification that we were in separate instances, and then asked if I wanted to move to his instance.

it asks if you want to teleport to your group memeber once you're invited it doesn't let you know if you guys are in different instance's so let's say there is a situation and what if the guys who are new are in the same city and they invite each other WITHOUT KNOWING they would be in different instances what do you think they would assume on what's going on?
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I assumed was going on when I grouped with the friend - that we were in different instances, so the game would put us in the same instance when I answered yes.

I actually don't know anyone totally brand-new to mmos these days; this works the same way here as it did in WoW and RIFT when I played them.

The devs could probably add something more specific in without too much trouble. What I'd rather see is an option to change instances on my own, for instance (pun not intended) when all the foul fishing holes in Summerset or wherever are failing to respawn....
    Options
  • VividMind
    VividMind
    ✭✭✭
    What I assumed was going on when I grouped with the friend - that we were in different instances, so the game would put us in the same instance when I answered yes.

I actually don't know anyone totally brand-new to mmos these days; this works the same way here as it did in WoW and RIFT when I played them.

The devs could probably add something more specific in without too much trouble. What I'd rather see is an option to change instances on my own, for instance (pun not intended) when all the foul fishing holes in Summerset or wherever are failing to respawn....

i agree 100% with that lol fr i wish they did that would be so good i heard some ppl wanted that before but i played wow before and i did know about it but my friend who was literally brand new to The Elder Scrolls in general didn't so i had to kinda help him with it myself since zos provides...no communication.... but yea that'll be pretty cool though. but yea i didn't know for a second but i found out after thinking it through but yea
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VividMind wrote: »
    it asks if you want to teleport to your group memeber once you're invited it doesn't let you know if you guys are in different instance's so let's say there is a situation and what if the guys who are new are in the same city and they invite each other WITHOUT KNOWING they would be in different instances what do you think they would assume on what's going on?
    Maybe the thing to do is to reword the message so that it says "Your group leader is in a different server shard, do you want to join them?", or something similar.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • VividMind
    VividMind
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Maybe the thing to do is to reword the message so that it says "Your group leader is in a different server shard, do you want to join them?", or something similar.

yea that'll be nice i'm only saying this cause for new players it can lead them off from frustration or many other things over something so small if you know what i mean. it'll just help players understand the game better without going in blind
    Options
  • VividMind
    VividMind
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

like it's such a simple and easy change like fr though they can just reword what's already there and just change it to say your friend or etc is is another realm or instance would you like to teleport to them, like something so simple lol
    Options