Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unnatural Movement out of combat ONLY!!!

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    jadarock wrote: »
    @Dracane
    I wouldn't even say unfair I'd say though that its introducing yet another broken mechanic.
    They dont play their own game to realize how broken this really "could" end up being.

Most players do not have the capability to keep up and reveal an invisible enemy over and over in order to catch them.
    I hope they at least make it so that you must not take damage for 6 seconds or so in order to become invisible.

It will be probably like invisible potions.

If you take damage you instantly get revealed.

Invisible potions aren't spammed because it's not that strong in game .

I see that passive a good thing for those hwo don't wanna play "I am a tank with crazy damage meta."

And for how long can you keep this up? The ressource cost to chase them+keeping them revealed every few seconds stands in no relation.

A simple dot ticking on them is enough

You do realize DOTs dont break invisibility as we know it now; right?
    I think it is only a feature of Shadowy Disguise (not invisibility you get from potions). But cloak is bugged, so yeah... (everything, including DOTs breaks it).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 3, 2020 4:02PM
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a good idea, ZOS please implement.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invsibility is no longer broken by dots, not even invis potions and that is good.
    And even if, in the current meta where everyone just plays Templar, Necromancer and Warden, it would not matter. They just purge everything with ease.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    @Dracane
    I wouldn't even say unfair I'd say though that its introducing yet another broken mechanic.
    They dont play their own game to realize how broken this really "could" end up being.

Most players do not have the capability to keep up and reveal an invisible enemy over and over in order to catch them.
    I hope they at least make it so that you must not take damage for 6 seconds or so in order to become invisible.

It will be probably like invisible potions.

If you take damage you instantly get revealed.

Invisible potions aren't spammed because it's not that strong in game .

I see that passive a good thing for those hwo don't wanna play "I am a tank with crazy damage meta."

And for how long can you keep this up? The ressource cost to chase them+keeping them revealed every few seconds stands in no relation.

A simple dot ticking on them is enough

You do realize DOTs dont break invisibility as we know it now; right?

Dot break invisible, cloak is the only exeption.

Try an invisiblity potion with a dot on you and come back.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aedaryl You must have not used invisibility potions in like 2 years. They stealth changed this long ago.
    No matter what player dot you have on you, you will not be revealed by it. Unfortunately NPCs seem to completely ignore them. If you use one while engaged with ranged mobs, they just keep shooting at you and reveal you.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'd actually like this change (which generally means that it's not a good idea). As a StamNB Ganker (trying to, my god has it been gutted over the years), one large issue I have is being invisible and getting up close to enemies if I want to try and 2H Slam BAM (In any reasonable amount of time, that is). I mean there's always Snipe + Ambush, but I like to be up close and personal.

I wonder if you can cast abilities like the Wardens Shalk while running invisible. That'd be a nasty Shalk + Dizzy + Onslaught + Velidreth + Executioner. Might even be better than the MagNBs Proxy Det + CW + Soul Harvet + Caluurion.

I should really download the PTS and give it a try.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Well, I'd actually like this change (which generally means that it's not a good idea). As a StamNB Ganker (trying to, my god has it been gutted over the years), one large issue I have is being invisible and getting up close to enemies if I want to try and 2H Slam BAM (In any reasonable amount of time, that is). I mean there's always Snipe + Ambush, but I like to be up close and personal.

I wonder if you can cast abilities like the Wardens Shalk while running invisible. That'd be a nasty Shalk + Dizzy + Onslaught + Velidreth + Executioner. Might even be better than the MagNBs Proxy Det + CW + Soul Harvet + Caluurion.

I should really download the PTS and give it a try.

You are invisible after sprinting 3s and when you stop sprinting, you are no longer invisible.

When you sprint you cannot cast skills or LA/HA so when you will be invisible from that passive you will not be able to cast things, and if you want to cast a something, you are no longer invisible.

This is not a gank/offensive tool but an escape tool.

You can try it on 20 avril when it will launch PTS
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This passive sounds pretty pointless if it was only out of combat.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    This passive sounds pretty pointless if it was only out of combat.
    If it left as it is, then NB class sounds pretty pointless... so we have a dilemma...

The thing is that if this passive stay as it is - it will enable too much and can be game-breaking even (again, especially on non-NB class as those were not build around cloak and are not that squishy).

Maybe just convert it into something equally powerful, but totally different ? Not Invisibility related ? idk.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 13, 2020 12:21PM
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would just drop it altogether.

Skyrim in eso is not going to be a good time.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    Honestly, the whole thing looks like a repeat of the WW buff/nerf cycle we had before. They will release it with vampires being stupidly OP, same as when they made the WW changes, and then they will spend the next year or so nerfing it into oblivion so not even the most devoted fan will choose to still be a vamp.

WW wasn’t OP when it came out just good. If you don’t believe me. You haven’t played one when it counted.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WW's should get true sight in return then.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sprint and invis are stackable depending on build. There are invisible race cars. They are nearly uncatchable.

I dont want everyone to be uncatchable. If this goes live, it will be nerfed next patch anyways so I am not mad. But I hope it wont go live as 3 secs.

3 secs out of combat, 8 secs in combat may be a nice balance.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally one dot would prevent the vampire from going invisible. Just keep that dot up and you're good.

At least that should be the case. The passive is fine as it is provided that it has the counters - which in PvP is just damage over time.

Though we'll see how it works in practice on the PTS later today.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From what I understood looking at the vampire skills is that you have to build for it. All your other skills will cost you a lot more so you won't be able to add invisibility to all of your characters. Least of all stam classes as all the skills you'll be using regularly are magicka based.

Anyone currently using it for passive or 1 or 2 skills will most likely have to drop it. I'm not worried until I see the patch notes 👍
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the whole thing looks like a repeat of the WW buff/nerf cycle we had before. They will release it with vampires being stupidly OP, same as when they made the WW changes, and then they will spend the next year or so nerfing it into oblivion so not even the most devoted fan will choose to still be a vamp.

WW wasn’t OP when it came out just good. If you don’t believe me. You haven’t played one when it counted.

What the hell are you smoking I want some....
    You dont remember packs of wolves with pocket healers and how ridiculously strong that was??
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You dont remember packs of wolves with pocket healers and how ridiculously strong that was??

You, clap, did, clap, not, clap, play, clap, WW,
    clap, before, clap, or, clap, after, clap, that, clap. Literally don’t know what your talking about. Honestly don’t respond to me unless you have a current 1 v x video on people that aren’t 310 or lower to show me rn.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You, clap, did, clap, not, clap, play, clap, WW,
    clap, before, clap, or, clap, after, clap, that, clap. Literally don’t know what your talking about. Honestly don’t respond to me unless you have a current 1 v x video on people that aren’t 310 or lower to show me rn.

If that's not a bait post idk what is......
    What were the la parses doing 70k on pts? K.

I'm gonna CLAP back I dont need videos.
    Every one of my chars live in cyrodiil and the fact you say wolves with a pocket healer weren't running around after that update fearing everyone then melting them is utter bs and a lie.
    They were strong af and then got nerfed. Period.

Like necros and wardens before that *zos always over do it

Edited by jadarock on April 21, 2020 4:26PM